Who Wants a Copy?

Monthly fix of Boardgames and coffee overload
Barrier Peaks

Who Wants a Copy?

Post by Barrier Peaks »

CNN story is here.

Is this amusing? If so, should I feel ashamed that I'm amused?
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

hrm. i don't know what to think of this.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'd play that - dibs on Anferny.

Should you feel ashamed that you are amused? Nah, I don't think so. Why's it really any different than a board game about some other random topic like loggers cutting their way to profits or similar? Hm..

Loggin' - the boardgame*: Meet your quota! Chop them trees! Unionize! Uh-oh, them darn tree-huggers are at it again! Play the fast-paced game of high-risk deforestation! What'll it be: Logger or Loser?

*Copyright 2008, by me ;) Deluxe edition with genuine redwood ring slab playing board on sale soon!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"][SIZE="4"][b][color="Blue"]Loggin'[/color][/b][/SIZE] - the boardgame*: Meet your quota! Chop them trees! Unionize! Uh-oh, them darn tree-huggers are at it again! Play the fast-paced game of high-risk deforestation! What'll it be: Logger or Loser?[/quote]sold! when are we playing?
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

In that case, I think we need to write a board game about clubbing baby seals.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I would also play that game - at least once or twice to try it out. If the rules are crap or it isn't fun, then I'm done. I have no problem separating a fictional game from real life, so there's not much difference in blasting a make believe zombie with a shotgun or clubbing a make believe seal with a club, as far as board games are concerned. Its all abstract bits of cardboard (or plastic these days).

That being said, I do realize that some people have problems with the very idea of some things, and that's fine - they don't have to play a particular game if they don't want. I also realize that your proposed game of seal clubbin' probably would not sell very well overall...

The real question: Would 'Seal Clubbing' (the game where you club baby seals) sell better or worse than "Seal Clubbin'" (the game where baby seals go to a nightclub)?