So, anyone else interested in this?

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

OGL Steampunk by Mongoose?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Chulainn
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Chulainn »

yep, have it pre-ordered already. I personally like the OGL series by Mongoose. I haven't been disappointed by the stuff they put out yet and I figure this should be no different

C
~twisting reality so you do not have to~
:nutkick:
"It's like rock, paper, scissors, crippling blow to the groin. Crippling blow to the groin always seems to win."- Wintermute
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"][url=http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/detail.php?qsID=353&qsSeries=Core]OGL Steampunk[/url] by Mongoose?[/quote]

About as interested as I am in GURPS Steampunk. I'm not big into genre books like these. I prefere settings with my rules.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I've got gurps Steampunk... might pick this up as well.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Well I'm almost through with The Difference Engine and I'm totally in the mood for Steampunk. I'll find it awfully difficult to resist the allure.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Chulainn
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Chulainn »

I just played through "Arcanum" again not that long ago. I am getting into steam a bit more now.

C
~twisting reality so you do not have to~
:nutkick:
"It's like rock, paper, scissors, crippling blow to the groin. Crippling blow to the groin always seems to win."- Wintermute
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

I'm a big fan of the Mongoose OGL line. Ancients (no matter how completely wrong that asshole's review on RPGnet was)and Cybernet are solid rule books. I'm not a big fan of steampunk (a/state will probably be all I'll need), though. I'll probably pick up the Mongoose Steampunk eventually.
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

OGL Cybernet kinda disappointed me, but this is still worth a look I think. I like stream-punk and victorian era settings.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

[quote="Wintermute"]I've got gurps Steampunk... might pick this up as well.[/quote]

A good one two punch is GURPs Steampunk and Castle Falkenstein.

Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

[quote="Cthulhu"]OGL Cybernet kinda disappointed me, but this is still worth a look I think. I like stream-punk and victorian era settings.[/quote]

What disappointed you, specifically?

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I'm interested in this. So far, all the D20 steampunk stuff I've seen has been really dissapointing. But, as other's have said, Mongoose's OGL line seems to be good stuff.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

I think my favorite Steampunk references have been Space:1889, Gurps Steampunk, Gurps Falkenstein, and Cthulhu by Gaslight.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"]What disappointed you, specifically?[/quote]
I just wanted more tech. It seemed to close a future to me, other than the cybernetics. The weapons and vehicles were pretty much the same as now. Just personal taste I guess.

No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

That's a complaint of mine as well. The cyberware was good though. The Kiln Publications supplements will address this.