Need Call of Cthulhu Players

Seeking players or a GM?
jinx

Need Call of Cthulhu Players

Post by jinx »

Hey, I'm looking for Call of Cthulhu players for a 1920's campaign. I have a lot of experience with CoC and I'm fairly well versed in the game system.

I'm looking for four or five players at most, no experience is necessary but I do like players willing to 'go with the flow.' I have had people say, 'oh I'm just going into the house.' I've also run a modern day campaign where over half the investigation was done on the internet.

That being said, there are a couple of things that will already be established, 1) the party is already part of a small investigative agency, like Pinkerton or Burns; 2) every party member has 10 points in Occult for free; 3) for the sake of expediency, the agency has a secretary/intern who, if given enough funds, will purchase and acquire items for the group; 4) there are also some items that are agency owned, several cameras, an automobile and an early electronic recording device.

Some things to think about, I've played and DM'd several campaigns and there are several things to think about when making a party: 1) Having someone with Occult skill saves the party from having to back to libraries every time they come across something weird to look it up; 2) Doctor's are a great support class, Biology, Chemistry, Medicine and First Aid are all overlooked skills that can solve mysteries and save lives; 3) 1920's photography is not like modern photography, there is no auto-focus, flashbulbs are just starting to come into use, Photography is more than just taking pictures, it's bringing out things in film that may be lost in development; 4) GUNS! Everyone asks about guns, yes you can have guns, guns are amazingly easy to get and own, just don't expect your guns to protect you from everything.

Hopefully my wall of text hasn't driven anyone away just yet. I'd like to start playing as soon as possible, I can't wait to hear from you guys.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Welcome to the forums jinx. If I wasn't already in four games, I'd be interested in a CoC game for sure! I wish you luck in finding players. Be patient...
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Yes Welcome to the board!
MikeB
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by MikeB »

Hi Jinx and welcome to the boards. What days are you looking to play the game on? Where?
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »