BATTLETECH. Need I say more?

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

BATTLETECH. Need I say more?

Post by Scolopendra »

I've got me a hankering for a giant-robot smashup. Not only that, but I have over a regiment of 'mech miniatures, enough stuff to fake terrain, far too many hex maps, and, in short, can supply everything for a good game.

And if I don't have it, well, I've got no problem with cardboard stand-ups or anything like that.

Anyone interested?
Just in case anyone wants to watch me run something.

I'll have you know I've been doing this since I was six.
Proud user of the "Are you sure you want to do that?" Clueless Player Warning System.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Welcome to the boards...I'm glad to have someone posting about mini's instead of pills, pr0n and crap.

BTW Battle tech is way fun
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I haven't played Battletech in ages. I would be willing to horse around with that game.

Hey.. have you every played Heavy Gear?
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

Regarding Heavy Gear, had a roomie who kept promising and promising but never came through. Always willing to learn new things, though.

Horsing around is generally the best option for any game, in my opinion. The occasional bout of silly keeps things fun. <_<

You show me yours if I show you mine?

Proud user of the "Are you sure you want to do that?" Clueless Player Warning System.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Scolopendra"]You show me yours if I show you mine?[/quote]

Strangely uncomfortable now.... :biggrin:

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

May I use the "psychological warfare" excuse?

Seriously. If you want, we can arrange a time, date, and place and scrap some 'mechs oldskool style.

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Scolopendra"]May I use the "psychological warfare" excuse?

Seriously. If you want, we can arrange a time, date, and place and scrap some 'mechs oldskool style.[/quote]

When are you available. I tend to be available on Weekends during the day. Sundays around noon is often great for me.

Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

I can do noon on Sundays. Now all we need is a "where." Being new to the area, I don't have much in the way of local ideas. My apartment is out because the parking sucks and I've no furniture.

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

There is always Game Empire or Game Towne. Game Towne tends to have tables available

Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

Google Earth, go!

Sotto voce: "Tactical."

Hmmm, why does everything have to be on the side of the city opposite me? Ah well. I went out today looking for Do Or Dice at 7101 University and... well... empty storefront.

Damn liar phonebook.

Hmmm. If Game Towne is more likely to have tables, so be it. This Saturday I plan on drowning surfing, and have no plans for this Sunday around noon. Failing that... well, people may actually be doing things for the first of July, given how close it is to the fourth. How's 7 JUL sound if 30 JUN is out of the question?

Also, any particular interest in scenarios or whatnot, so I don't have to go nuts with the printing out of stat sheets and all?

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Yeah they got bought out I think...this year
Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

What about Gamemaster in El Cajon? Does that not exist too, or did I just miss it when I tried to find it?

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Scolopendra"]Google Earth, go!

[size=75][i]Sotto voce: "Tactical."[/i][/size]

Hmmm, why does everything have to be on the side of the city opposite me? Ah well. I went out today looking for Do Or Dice at 7101 University and... well... empty storefront.

Damn liar phonebook.

Hmmm. If Game Towne is more likely to have tables, so be it. This Saturday I plan on [size=75]drowning[/size] surfing, and have no plans for this Sunday around noon. Failing that... well, people may actually be doing things for the first of July, given how close it is to the fourth. How's 7 JUL sound if 30 JUN is out of the question?

Also, any particular interest in scenarios or whatnot, so I don't have to go nuts with the printing out of stat sheets and all?[/quote]

June 30 would work for me. We could get together around 11 or noon for lunch and then play. I practically have no BT stuff, so you will have to provide everything.

I can do the same for Heavy Gear when we get together to play that.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Scolopendra"]What about Gamemaster in El Cajon? Does that not exist too, or did I just miss it when I tried to find it?[/quote]

I dunno I never heard of it

Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

[quote="Count Zero"]June 30 would work for me. We could get together around 11 or noon for lunch and then play. I practically have no BT stuff, so you will have to provide everything.

I can do the same for Heavy Gear when we get together to play that.[/quote]

Rock rock on. 30 June it is. I'll bring the Huge Rollycase O' Mechs and think up a scenario at work tomorrow. Everyone loves "A Lance of Locusts Versus A Single Pack Hunter: A Paean To Technology."

Oh, and I replied to your PM. Ah, I have a new unread one now. I SHALL GO CHECK IT WITH ALL DUE DISPATCH.

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Scolopendra"]Rock rock on. 30 June it is. I'll bring the Huge Rollycase O' Mechs and think up a scenario at work tomorrow. Everyone loves "A Lance of Locusts Versus A Single Pack Hunter: A Paean To Technology."

Oh, and I replied to your PM. Ah, I have a new unread one now. I SHALL GO CHECK IT WITH ALL DUE DISPATCH.[/quote]

Something with a little more depth than killing one another would be cool.

Keep in mind, you will probably have to teach me quite a bit. I haven't played Battletech in about 15 years.

Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

Ah, yes. I like you already. I've been dealing with Wankhammer players who concentrate on point-value depletion for too long... good to see there are still believers in scenario-driven wargaming around...

Hmmm... whilst puttering around in my kitchen I thought a bit. In oldskool style, 'Mechwarriors were akin to knights (although fluffwise they've always been rationalized a bit). They should do knightly things. And so "Damsel In Distress" makes a good title.

Heh heh heh... okay, getting ideas. Should be fun.

Do you mind if I throw in some not-quite-in-the-rules RP elements?

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

Showed up at Game Towne... you weren't there... something happen?

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Bummer...Glad I didn't try swinging by.

Today is pretty lazy...To bad we're not playing at Rebecca's
Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

Shit. I'm sorry.

I went with "Sundays around noon" and then went and read the Saturday column of the calendar. Stupid me. Never even noticed 30 JUN is not a Sunday.

Grr, argh. Tomorrow? I've got everything assembled and written up.

Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

Yes, I've definitely smegged this one up. Ah well. Shall we reschedule for 8 JUL, as that's actually a Sunday?

*checks*

*doublechecks*

Yeah, that's a Sunday.

(edit: Yeah, my explanation for missing today's go-time is explained... last post, previous page. Just to make sure)

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

"Sorry" isn't good enough.

Banned.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

Do I get the opportunity to throw myself upon the mercy of the court?

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Scolopendra"]Do I get the opportunity to throw myself upon the mercy of the court?[/quote]
No.

Banned.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Scolopendra"]Yes, I've definitely smegged this one up. Ah well. Shall we reschedule for [b]8[/b] JUL, as that's actually a Sunday?

*checks*

*doublechecks*

Yeah, that's a Sunday.

(edit: Yeah, my explanation for missing today's go-time is explained... last post, previous page. Just to make sure)[/quote]

Not sure about the 8th.. I will have to check. I was concerned that maybe we got Sunday and Saturday confused.

Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

Yeah, that's what happened. I could do tomorrow; I could even go on-site and call you from there to ensure I don't waste [more] of your time.