Shadowrun for the 360.

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Shadowrun for the 360.

Post by Wintermute »

"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Shoby187
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Shoby187 »

Ya, I've been waiting for that game to come out. Looks awesome.

My understanding is it is also the first game that will let players on a Xbox 360 play on the same server as people playing the PC version of the game.

I like Shamans are like Clerics, if you die they can run over and res you. :razz:
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

In my opinion it isn't Shadowrun. Sure it is based on Shadowrun, but really it reflects none of the setting itself. They basically, took the bare bones and created thier own setting. It may be a fun game, but really it really isn't Shadowrun, which is too bad.

That game would have made a great FPS MMORPG.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Count Zero"]In my opinion it isn't Shadowrun. Sure it is based on Shadowrun, but really it reflects none of the setting itself. They basically, took the bare bones and created thier own setting. It may be a fun game, but really it really isn't Shadowrun, which is too bad.

That game would have made a great FPS MMORPG.[/quote]

[img]http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/28508-cosplay_ffxii.jpg[/img]

Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Drew »

There was a shadowrun CRPG that was supposed to come out around the turn of the century, but when Fasa sold the electronic rights to their games to Microsoft, MS scrapped the project. As I recall, it was only a few months before release.

Anyway, this new game is for shadowrun what the console Fallout games were for that game. Someone did a shadowrun conversion for NWN.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I played the demo which I got off X-box Live last night. It isn't really Shadowrun, but I have to say, the magic and the tech really take the classic "run and gun" FPS game to an interesting level. I can see how the tactics could really get interesting with the teleport spell and the glider tech.

Considering how much I expected it to suck, I was actually impressed with the game play. I am thinking about picking it up.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

From what I hear, it's decent for what it is, i.e. Counter-Strike with elves. What turns me off of it is that it's an on-line only FPS, which doesn't hold my interest for long.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Cthulhu"]From what I hear, it's decent for what it is, i.e. Counter-Strike with elves. What turns me off of it is that it's an on-line only FPS, which doesn't hold my interest for long.[/quote]

Yeah, that is what I noticed too. It has a story based training which is really interesting. It is to bad it doesn't have a single player game. As an on-line FPS game, I really like it. I think it is a little more fun that Halo just because of the options available. I might pick it up used.

Scaramanga
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scaramanga »

[quote="Count Zero"]Yeah, that is what I noticed too. It has a story based training which is really interesting. It is to bad it doesn't have a single player game. As an on-line FPS game, I really like it. I think it is a little more fun that Halo just because of the options available. I might pick it up used.[/quote]
Oh, I didn't realize it was online only. I know online is the "future" and all that hype, but c'mon, not making some single-player part of the game seems just dumb IMO.

Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

It's not online-only. You can play single player with bots through any and all of the maps.

Other than the training, the entire game is your team vs the enemy team. Its more enjoyable online, but not required.
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

The demo lets you play against bots, and the simple bots are kicking my ass. It isn't a bad game just against the bots, and I am having fun with the demo. A traditional story game would be nice. I think it is kind of insane they decided to not do a single player game. I think that will really hurt the sales. While X-Box live is the way things are going, people still like having a game with a story.

Shin Kenshiro
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by Shin Kenshiro »

Played it for a bit and liked it. Made me boot up my old SNES Shadowrun game.

If it had more to it than just online FPS, then I might have bought it instead of renting it...but any game that has a teabagging achievement is off my list of purchasable games.
To know me is to fear me, to fear me is to be human