City of Heros...

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Cant remember who it was that I talked to about this at a game, but I did actually end up picking it up, and it is surprisingly fun and addictive. First time I got fly, I spent like 20 minutes just flying around the city, amusing as all hell. Its very different from other MMO games out there, far more casual player oriented. You can basically pick it up and put it down around your schedule, dont ever need to group if you dont feel like it. Or you can form a huge group and go slaughter the hell out of villains in some of the cooler parts of the city.

If you do end up picking it up, feel free to start up a hero on Pinnacle and look for Frostrake, Ive got a small supergroup of friends started up (mostly lower levels).
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I have been eyeing this game because I really like the superhero genre. A friend of mine plays it and he has a blast with it.

The only problem for me is that I don't have enough RAM and I have sworn off PC gaming and simply gotten an X-Box. I like the idea of having a game always work when you put it in your system... I got tired of worrying about the specs for my system and the games themselves.

Jonathan
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote]The only problem for me is that I don't have enough RAM and I have sworn off PC gaming and simply gotten an X-Box. I like the idea of having a game always work when you put it in your system... I got tired of worrying about the specs for my system and the games themselves. [/quote]

give your X-box about... 3 months. Then it starts having trouble reading disks, playing movies, etc...

Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="smartmonkey"][quote]The only problem for me is that I don't have enough RAM and I have sworn off PC gaming and simply gotten an X-Box. I like the idea of having a game always work when you put it in your system... I got tired of worrying about the specs for my system and the games themselves. [/quote]

give your X-box about... 3 months. Then it starts having trouble reading disks, playing movies, etc...[/quote]

I have had it over three months... not a problem... your system may have been defective... did you try calling the company?

Jonathan

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

A few times. Give it time. Usually right about when the warranty wears out... or if you try to use a even slightly-less-than-perfect disk...

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="smartmonkey"]A few times. Give it time. Usually right about when the warranty wears out... or if you try to use a even slightly-less-than-perfect disk...[/quote]

I've had mine for over a year and never had a problem with it playing a game... including used and rentals. But than again I rarely use my xbox.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="cczernia"][quote:695a426c07="smartmonkey"]A few times. Give it time. Usually right about when the warranty wears out... or if you try to use a even slightly-less-than-perfect disk...[/quote]

I've had mine for over a year and never had a problem with it playing a game... including used and rentals. But than again I rarely use my xbox.[/quote:695a426c07]

Same here... that is why I am all irritate that my fiance wants to put the DVD player in the bedroom and use the X-Box as our DVD player too...

How much did you use it for movies and such SM? I did notice my friends X-box having problems with discs too..

Jonathan

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Movies and extended use (like, 2 hours plus) seem to screw them up...

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I've had the same problems with DVD's. No problem with games though, and I've got some nearly destroyed games.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Chris