What Games do You Want to Play

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.

Pick 3 Games

L5R (In the Shadow of the Crab)
17%
15%
4%
8%
13%
8%
10%
13%
8%
No votes
4%

Total votes: 48

cczernia

What Games do You Want to Play

Post by cczernia »

Ok, this is the voting for you favorite game poll. Pick the three games your want to play the most. Try not to vote for you own game.

Serenity - You and your crew sail the black, trying to find what ever work you can, honest if possible, not-so-honest if necessary, and always as far away form the Alliance as you can make it. So, when your contact on Persephone contacts you about a job for a rich businessman from the Core, you’re surprised. But, the money offered is too good to pass up, so you meet this guy. The job is simple. His son is missing, and the lad seems fond of illegal hover-car racing, he would like the boy brought back under the wire, so as to avoid a scandal. Sounds simple enough, but not everything on this job is as it seems.

C&C Darksun: The Jewel of Imix - On a world ravaged by sorcery and the hellish rays of a crimson sun, seven travelers will venture far in search of a legend. Across the desolate barren and rocky wastes of the Tablelands, the bone dry shores of the Silt Sea, and through the salt covered Great Ivory Plains on an expedition in search of the fabled Eye of Imix.

Tribe 8 (Enemy of My Enemy) - Concern about a missing friend had grown within the Cell. During an excursion for supplies you see her dragged through the streets of Bazaar to be cast into a Z’Bri Skyrealm. As the crowd erupts into a cacophony of hate and rage focused on your friend, you realize their attention has also turned towards you.

Feng Shui (Monster with a Heart of Hate)
- In ancient China a devil has escaped to the future. It is the job of two Honor Guards to go forth, kill it and bring back its heart which holds the power to change history. To do this the Guardsmen must seek the help of heros from the present. Hong Kong Action in Ancient China in Hong Kong circa 1996.

SW Rippers (The Devil in All of Us) - Events haven't been going well for the Rippers agency, a group that hunts down monsters during late 19th century. Someone has been leaking plans to the enemy and an entire Rippers cell has gone missing. Action adventure in Victorian England.

SotC: (Heroes in Trouble) - "Calling all Blue Blaze Irregulars...." Buckaroo Banzai and the Hong Kong Kavaliers are in trouble, and it's up to you, the local chapter of the Blue Blazer Irregulars, to pull their bacon out of the fire. But can a fanclub, however enthusiastic, succeed where their idols have failed?

Feng Shui (The Killers at Gila Bend) - Gila Bend is a dry barren wasteland in the middle of a desert, we call Arizona. You might stop there to take a pee and a dump but you’ll never really stay. In fact, only thing that will stay is the crap you leave behind. The town is on a strip of high way leading out of Phoenix to no where...
Truckers and weary tourists take a break at the Javelina Pit Stop to fill up on gas and maybe get a one pound bag of jerky for $12.99 for the long road ahead. This isn’t the place where you think the fate of the world will be decided by a handful of people living on the fringe of society. But it is!
There’s a motorcycle gang, hitmen and a boat load of Japanese tourist with cameras. Oh the shit is going to hit the fan tonight…and tonight the Gila Bend is the fan.
Ready for martial arts fun in the vein of Big Trouble in Little China and the replacement killers?!

Wild Talents - dystopian near-future setting (ala Blade Runner) supers game where you are "heroes" working for the (oppressive but well-paying) government, hunting down renegade supers.

Deadlands Reloaded - The PCs will come in to a small town beset by mysteries left and right, and it's up to the them to put things a-right.

Heavy Gear (Operation Jungle Drums)
- Play a elite team of gear pilots as they investigate mysterious strikes against material cargo shipments within their own borders.

L5R (In the Shadow of the Crab) - Play a eclectic group of samurai as they are gathered together to conduct a non partisan investigation of a seemingly cursed land within the Crab territory.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

My game ought to be renamed to "Spirit of the Century: Heroes in Trouble!" I can't think of a replacement for "Century" right now that ties in to Buckaroo Banzai, but the name of the game is definitely "Heroes in Trouble."

And if "Blue Blazer" could be changed to "Blue Blaze" (oops), that'd be awesome as well. Thank ye.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"]My game ought to be renamed to "Spirit of the Century: Heroes in Trouble!" I can't think of a replacement for "Century" right now that ties in to Buckaroo Banzai, but the name of the game is definitely "Heroes in Trouble."

And if "Blue Blazer" could be changed to "Blue Blaze" (oops), that'd be awesome as well. Thank ye.[/quote]

Done

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="devlin1"]My game ought to be renamed to "Spirit of the Century: Heroes in Trouble!" I can't think of a replacement for "Century" right now that ties in to Buckaroo Banzai, but the name of the game is definitely "Heroes in Trouble."

[/quote]

How about Spirit of Tsunami: Hero's in Trouble

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Ok, we closed poll and here are the games.

First half: Rippers, Darksun, backup game
Second Half: Serenity, Wild Talents, backup game

The backup game is in case there are more players then games. The backup games will be Feng Shui (The Killers at Gila Bend) and SotC: (Heroes in Trouble).

GMs, let me know if there is any problem with the above.
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey, so... we're still on for this, right? There's been radio silence in this forum for over two weeks now. Just checking in.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

For those of us who's games got voted, that have never done this before, how do we know what players are going to be in our game. Is that decided at the event?

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]For those of us who's games got voted, that have never done this before, how do we know what players are going to be in our game. Is that decided at the event?[/quote]

Yes, there will be a sign up sheet at the event.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

So get there on time or have epic level skills in begging to get into a game of your choice when you walk in late. Albeit I don't think this is an issue for you Blanch
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, forgive me if I missed it, but did someone ever post the definitive list of what games are being run and during which sessions?
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Ok, forgive me if I missed it, but did someone ever post the definitive list of what games are being run and during which sessions?[/quote]

From earlier in this very thread:
[quote="cczernia"]Ok, we closed poll and here are the games.

[b]First half:[/b] Rippers, Darksun, backup game

[b]Second Half:[/b] Serenity, Wild Talents, backup game

The backup game is in case there are more players then games. The backup games will be Feng Shui (The Killers at Gila Bend) and SotC: (Heroes in Trouble).

GMs, let me know if there is any problem with the above.[/quote]

Mike Olson