Schedule

A Mutants and Masterminds Noir campaign run by devlin1
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Schedule

Post by devlin1 »

Ah, "Schedule." The thread title that says once and for all that something is definitely going to happen at some point.

How's Friday the third for people?
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I believe our Star Trek game, which *would've* been that night, has been cancelled or postponed to another night, so I think it might be good.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

awesome. barring any conflicts with dnd3eplayer's schedule, where do you guys want to meet?
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

's allright with me.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

For some reason I'm not getting email notifications of replies to, like, anything.

All right, so Nov. 3 is it. Now where do we do it? It'll probably just be a lot of chargen and hanging out and maybe watching The Big Sleep or something, so full die-rolling facilities may not be absolutely necessary. We can do an intro scene of some kind, I'm sure, but it'll be hard for me to put together a convoluted noir plot without completed characters.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

failing any other offers, my place is open.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]failing any other offers, my place is open.[/quote]
Have other offers failed? Have they even been offered? Can we get confirmation that this is happening at Jenny's place?

I should have time again to work on this this week -- the last couple weeks have been rough, but this one shouldn't be -- so I'll see what I can get posted to the boards here before we meet up.

Mike Olson
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="devlin1"]For some reason I'm not getting email notifications of replies to, like, anything.
[/quote]

If your e-mail has a spam filter or folder you might want to check it out. Yahoo SPAM filter had eaten some of my notifications

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="devlin1"]Have other offers failed? Have they even been offered? Can we get confirmation that this is happening at Jenny's place?[/quote]

I can offer my place, if y'all don't mind driving all the way down to the South Bay.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I can offer my place, if y'all don't mind driving all the way down to the South Bay.[/quote]
I don't give shit one where we do it. I just want to nail something down. I'll be coming down on Friday in the early afternoon; traffic won't be (or shouldn't be) much of a concern, so the South Bay's fine with me.

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Skyman"]If your e-mail has a spam filter or folder you might want to check it out. Yahoo SPAM filter had eaten some of my notifications[/quote]
My God, I hadn't even noticed that -- I must've marked one of those as spam instead of deleting it. Duh. Fixed.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="devlin1"]I don't give shit one where we do it. I just want to nail something down. I'll be coming down on Friday in the early afternoon; traffic won't be (or shouldn't be) much of a concern, so the South Bay's fine with me.[/quote]

Okay then. My house it is. I'll try to be home by 6pm.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Okay then. My house it is. I'll try to be home by 6pm.[/quote]
Great. I'll be there at 4:00.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]Great. I'll be there at 4:00.[/quote]perfect. you can pick sam up from lacrosse. and the dishes need to be washed, too.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

How'd you know I was doing lacrosse now-- oh, you meant the other Sam. nevermind.

Also, I get off work at 6 in Del Mar.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]How'd you know I was doing lacrosse now-- oh, you meant the other Sam. nevermind.[/quote]
I did the same thing, actually....

[quote]Also, I get off work at 6 in Del Mar.[/quote]
Cool. Then we'll see you when we see you.

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

This seems like the right thread to thank Andy for hosting Friday night. So thanks!
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

yeah, thanks for ordering pizza too, mord.

i had a lot of fun, especially for a chargen session (spoiling a 'lost' episode for mike notwithstanding).
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]yeah, thanks for ordering pizza too, mord.

i had a lot of fun, especially for a chargen session (spoiling a 'lost' episode for mike notwithstanding).[/quote]

Meh. Anytime I don't watch Lost by Sunday, it's guaranteed to be ruined for me by the good folks here at the New U.

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

When are we a) all going to be at GenCon and 2) available to get together there for a little super noir action?
Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Well as you know, I'll be there the whole time. I think Sam's there the whole time too. So it probably depends on you and Albert.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Hell yeah I'm there the whole time - they'll probably have to make me leave with one of those huge crooked sticks or something :mrgreen:

Seriously though, sometimes I leave early on Sunday if there's nothing going on. Also, I have a decently full schedule setup already, so it may be a little bit of a squeeze depending on day/time. Evenings are real easy to get play space and not that many events are scheduled, so that's probably the best time.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Evenings are real easy to get play space and not that many events are scheduled, so that's probably the best time.[/quote]
Yeah, that's what I was thinking -- maybe Saturday evening sometime? I think we'll have to play it by ear.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

That's cool.

Check out my sweet new avatar :biggrin:
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Check out my sweet new avatar :biggrin:[/quote]
Verily, it is sweet.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm digging that avatar as well.

BTW, Mike, did you find any plothook nuggets in the additional background I added for Stephen?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]BTW, Mike, did you find any plothook nuggets in the additional background I added for Stephen?[/quote]
Yeah, it's good stuff. I'll address it further on that thread just to keep things organized.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'm gonna be at gencon on saturday. whatever's clever.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Okay, so... needles to say, our Gen Con plan didn't work out. I can hardly expect people to want to leave a good party to go game (myself included).

Sometime in December, then? The 15th? Other weekends in December might not be so good. The weekend of the 8th I think we New U editor-types are going to Big Bear or something, and then after the 16th it's Christmas and New Year's. I guess the 1st would also work for me; it's the last day of classes for the quarter, and I only have one final the following week, so yeah, that'd be alright. Either the 1st or 15th for me.
Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I currently believe either would work for me.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

It depends on what day our Star Trek game starts up again. Both of those dates could maybe fall on Star Trek days.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]It depends on what day our Star Trek game starts up again. Both of those dates could maybe fall on Star Trek days.[/quote]
Hmm. Well, in December I won't be working on Sundays, so gaming on Saturday wouldn't be out of the question. I'd like to combine this with the T&T one-shot on consecutive days, if at all possible, so it may grow to be a horribly complicated thing.

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey, are you guys free on Saturday the 2nd?
Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I believe I am.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'm going to go with Yes.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

works for me.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

All right! It's on. Our first actual session will be Saturday the 3rd.

BTW, I think that picture I took of you guys doing the dice pick is going to accompany my Gen Con article, so... that's almost like celebrity.
Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="devlin1"]All right! It's on. Our first actual session will be Saturday the 3rd.[/quote]

You mean the 2nd.

[quote="devlin1"]BTW, I think that picture I took of you guys doing the dice pick is going to accompany my Gen Con article, so... that's almost like celebrity.[/quote]

w00t! 'course, I'm already famous because of NOMP. But a little more fame can't hurt, right?

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]You mean the 2nd.[/quote]
Yes. That is the thing I meant.

[quote]w00t! 'course, I'm already famous because of NOMP. But a little more fame can't hurt, right?[/quote]
BTW, this final NOMP has the most elaborate title card yet.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="devlin1"]All right! It's on. Our first actual session will be Saturday the 3rd.

BTW, I think that picture I took of you guys doing the dice pick is going to accompany my Gen Con article, so... that's almost like celebrity.[/quote]

Hm.. you can just crop me out of that photo, right?

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Sorry, sucker--you already signed the release.
Attachments
dice.JPG
dice.JPG (63.52 KiB) Viewed 30146 times
Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

* a note to the uninformed* - Sam HATES having his picture taken. HATES IT. I generally try not to be a jerk about it, especially with folks that don't know, but I have been known to take extreme action against those that violate my wishes on this point.

That being said, I generally just get out of the way when cameras are about, but please do not take my picture (and sure as hell don't post it in a newspaper or other publication).

Also, I know you were joking Mike, but I signed or acknowledged absolutely no waiver, express or implied, regarding my photo. No authorization for photos of my person is to be inferred.

*end note*

The photo you posted has no discernable 'me' to it, so that's fine. The above is just so that I'm clear on the subject for the future. An FAQ follows.

FAQ:

Q: Are you serious?
A: Yes - very, very much so.

Q: Don't you know that's wierd?
A: Yes, I do. No, I don't care. No, there is no flexibility on this.

Q: What about taking a picture of you: (under ___ circumstances, just ___ part of you, if you are drunk, if you don't know about it, etc)
A: Just don't do it. None of the above are ok with me, and will result in bad juju immediately (except perhaps the last, but I better not find out about it - and if you know of such an incident, probably best not to tell me)

Q: What if I just pretend to take your photo, and/or do it just to tease?
A: It's a free country, but do so under the knowledge that you are taking an action that may be impossible for you to take back. There are several people that I will never associate with again because they just had to push me on this.

Q: Why all the fuss?
A: Sod off!

Q: Isn't this all a bit irrational?
A: Yes, it is irrational - I'm fully aware of that. No, I cannot control my feelings on the matter.

Q: No, seriously - are you joking?
A: No, dammit! I've ruined my mood just from having to think about and type this out. I cannot express in words how much I hate having my picture taken. Please refrain from doing it.

-Sam
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]I cannot express in words how much I hate having my picture taken. Please refrain from doing it.
[/quote]

So noted. I absolutely respect your irrational wishes. I have plenty of them myself.

As it turns out, I don't think you're in that picture at all anyway; I believe the owners of the hands, in clockwise order, are Andy, Erik, and Albert, so we're safe either way.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="devlin1"]As it turns out, I don't think you're in that picture at all anyway; [/quote]

Not an accident. I believe I was cowering just outside my percieved camera area at that moment ;)

[quote]So noted. I absolutely respect your irrational wishes. I have plenty of them myself.[/quote]

and thanks - I totally know its wierd, and in recompense you can rip on me all you want for it - I don't mind that.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

BTW, we decided on this Saturday for our first Fly By Night session, but um... we didn't decide on a time and place...
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]BTW, we decided on this Saturday for our first Fly By Night session, but um... we didn't decide on a time and place...[/quote]
Yeah, I was going to mention that. Suggestions? If we could start in the afternoon rather than the late afternoon, that'd be better for me, I think.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

afternoon is fine, or morning (which is like 11 or later, for me on a saturday ;), or whatever.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]afternoon is fine, or morning (which is like 11 or later, for me on a saturday ;), or whatever.[/quote]
Hey, "morning" is anytime before noon.

11:00 would probably be too early for me, I believe, but getting together sometime around 2:00-4:00 would be good. I believe Nat will be joining us, as well.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

We can game at my place. And 2:00~4:00pm start time is okay with me, although it'd be nice to narrow it down a little more...
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]We can game at my place. And 2:00~4:00pm start time is okay with me, although it'd be nice to narrow it down a little more...[/quote]
3:00?

Mike Olson