Heroes... that aberrant-esque show

Completely off-topic.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

[quote="mordraine"]They did it the other night too, on Tina Fey's new show [i]30 Rock[/i]. It was seriously disappointing.[/quote]
You're talking about the AIDS in the chicken nuggets part right?

"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="J@ke"]You're talking about the AIDS in the chicken nuggets part right?[/quote]

No, that was funny stuff.

What I'm talking about was the whole "GE trivection oven" thing. Shit, they even brought in a picture of the damn thing, and Alec Baldwin went on and on about how you can cook an entire turkey in 22 minutes.

At first I thought it was a fake product, until they had an ad for the damn thing during the next commercial break. Ugh.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I hear your argument, but it felt to me like they added that scene specifically to show the car. It didn't feel like a natural flow of the story. It was jarring and took me out of the show. I dislike it when that happens.[/quote]
My first thought was how irritated the writer must've been to be forced to integrate product placement into his story. If Hiro had just requested the car and gotten, that would've been one thing, but the rental agent's line "That's a very popular model!" was just too much for me.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

I love this weeks ending....thought I was watching CSI instead!!!
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="mordraine"]No, that was funny stuff.

What I'm talking about was the whole "GE trivection oven" thing. Shit, they even brought in a picture of the damn thing, and Alec Baldwin went on and on about how you can cook an entire turkey in 22 minutes.

At first I thought it was a fake product, until they had an ad for the damn thing during the next commercial break. Ugh.[/quote]

Actually, I listened to the "30 Rock" thing on NPR the other day. That was purposeful. it had nothing to do with product placement. It had to with a play on with the giant mega corporations have exectives coming into run things that have no idea about how writers or creative people actually work. It was nothing to do with product placement. He decided to use an actual product because it made it more over the top.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Count Zero"]Actually, I listened to the "30 Rock" thing on NPR the other day. That was purposeful. it had nothing to do with product placement. It had to with a play on with the giant mega corporations have exectives coming into run things that have no idea about how writers or creative people actually work. It was nothing to do with product placement. He decided to use an actual product because it made it more over the top.[/quote]

And you believed it?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that NBC is owned by GE.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]And you believed it?[/quote]
Just one more sheep in the mega-corporate pasture, man.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

So I finally got to watch the Hero with my wife...at least the last episode you guys have been refering to. It seems very much like the 4400 with more obvious McGuffs than you can shake a stick at.

In the scene with the dude that tries to take the kid seems odd in that he has telekenetic powers and can waste the guard pretty nicely but takes his sweet time pulling the trigger to the gun only to get plowed by bullets...the alley had a crap load of stuff that could have plowed her.... but then I like that actress that played the FBI agent ever since that campy movie 'faculty' ...so I really don't care
I think the father of the strippers kid is the guy in the bar that Rolffy the cops drink. He might also be the guy with telekinesis. It's interesting how he couldn't read his thoughts
When Hiro is with his buddy trying to save the girl with the red bow. I kept thinking it was LA. The streets were too huge and it really look like it was shot on the West Coast.
You know if I was a toyota executive that product placement was crap. It had crap for lighting on that car...too fucking dark. I think SmartMonkey would have pointed that out that crap.
The thing about the autopsy is that it would have been more CSI if they had pulled the skin of the scalp and face off to power saw the skull and check out the brain damage...which would have been a hoot to watch her wake up from

I really liked the show. I like 4400 better but it's season is over anyways. I like what I saw and its attempt to give small snap shots of each characters. The son of the Prof is very interesting and very Lovecraftesque in character type. I like the brothers. I don't have much of a feel for the artist and his addiction. I like how his spoon is bent but there is no scorch marks. Now that's true sobriety. I think the stripper needs to go back to work...for no apparent reason, of course. Cheer leader is campy...but what isn't. I think the cop had a lot of fleshing out this episode. The Otaku rocks...it's fun reading the subtittles and listening to them talk. I don't think the actors are actually from Japan... but then, they don't pay me to think...they're pretty good. I like how the comic is in english and they are speaking Japanese but make the connection that the comic says the same thing they said per word in Japanese. Obviouslythey compared the subtittles to the comic. Once again why think...I really enjoy it more when i don't

My wife says she really didn't need me to addict her to another show....muahahaha!
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="mordraine"]No, that was funny stuff.

At first I thought it was a fake product, until they had an ad for the damn thing during the next commercial break. Ugh.[/quote]

As to the Heroes car thing. It very well could have been the props guys saying, "We have a Nissan Versa, wanna use that?" Think how stupid it would have been if two working class schmoes from Japan rented the new BMW or Mustang model. I am sure when NBC made money of the spot, but I am willing to guess that all the script says is "Hiro keeps insisting on a very popular car type." It would have been dumber if they would have used a fake car.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="mordraine"]And you believed it?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that NBC is owned by GE.[/quote]

This was the writer of the show on NPR. I believe him. The fact of the matter is the type of microwave oven didn't really matter. It needed to seem insane that the executive was using that as a basis for his "organization". GE benefited from it because yeah they own NBC. Since the entire show revolves around NBC, it actually makes it more real. It seems all the more insane to me. The writer probably talked to someone and asked for the their exact promo stuff. He wanted it to be over the top. That "out of touch" executive that is what he really wanted to show. GE just got a perk out of it. He was suppose to sound like a commercial. That was the point.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Count Zero"]As to the Heroes car thing. It very well could have been the props guys saying, "We have a Nissan Versa, wanna use that?" Think how stupid it would have been if two working class schmoes from Japan rented the new BMW or Mustang model. I am sure when NBC made money of the spot, but I am willing to guess that all the script says is "Hiro keeps insisting on a very popular car type." It would have been dumber if they would have used a fake car.[/quote]

Hrm. No I'm pretty sure it was added in to the script because the adverstisers wanna hit the TiVo crowd, not to mention the after-market TV show DVDs.

Besides, the Nissan Versa is a *brand new* car model just introduced. How can it be a "popular model?" That's Nissan wishful thinking.

I would've been a lot happier if they just skipped that scene. We already knew that Hiro was following the comic book. Another scene reinforcing it wasn't really necessary. IMO, that scene was written in to sell cars.

Meanwhile...

[img]http://browndailysqueal.com/archives/Beating%20Dead%20Horse-thumb.gif[/img]

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Soooo... to get off the dead horse topic...

I have a theory on the Petrelli brothers. I think that they can't fly unless they are near each other.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Soooo... to get off the dead horse topic...

I have a theory on the Petrelli brothers. I think that they can't fly unless they are near each other.[/quote]

Yeah, that Versa plug was no accident. It involved a picture of a Versa in the comic book (along with an ad of the Versa on the facing page), Versa-specific dialogue, and the vehicle itself -- which, I might add, got a nice little establishing shot of its own before they got in it, as if to say, "Check out the lines on the new Nissan Versa!"

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Okay, I hope the whole autopsy silliness has been put to rest, all you doubters.

Oh, and since we're apparently going to be using this thread for a while yet, I went ahead and fixed the title so it didn't have those irritating ",,,"
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="mordraine"]Okay, I hope the whole autopsy silliness has been put to rest, all you doubters.

Oh, and since we're apparently going to be using this thread for a while yet, I went ahead and fixed the title so it didn't have those irritating ",,,"[/quote]

I'm glad you changed that it was really irritating...

As for the autopsy thing...it's like they were reading the thread and made the scene as a way to say 'STFU Noob!'

Hiro looks cool in the future, katana and all. He's like Cable or something. They seem to use that character to make fun with pop cult. It's nice they answered the brothers power as rogue-esque. The bald dude sounds like leech. I was hoping the stripper was going to launch the politician out the window. Tooo bad about the cop

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Another great episode, imho. I'm really, really, really enjoying this show.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Wintermute"]Another great episode, imho. I'm really, really, [i]really[/i] enjoying this show.[/quote]

I love how every episode has a WTF scene at the very end.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

No kiddin! I don't think I will ever doubt continuity in this show again. It seems as if the weird, seemingly off scenes all have logical explanations. Well, except for the leather notebook hiding in the laptop.

Hey, did the Vegas Mom always have that tattoo on her shoulder? Or did that just appear when she...ya know..."changed?" I would so not mess with her. She's damn scary. :peep:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I'm not sure we ever witnessed that much of her back before to notice.

I loved that ending, though. Hiro, from the future!

And now we know that Claire is the key to it all. Speaking of Claire, I personally love what she did to that guy.

Okay, so my wife has a theory about Nikki (Vegas mom) and her ex, DL. My wife thinks that her alter-ego killed the men that DL is accused of killing, and then burried them in the desert. How else did she know where they were burried?

My favorite scene in the show was Nikki in the elevater when her alter-ego took over. "Nikki's not here now." Oh, man, that was awesome. :D

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]I'm not sure we ever witnessed that much of her back before to notice.

I loved that ending, though. Hiro, from the future!

And now we know that Claire is the key to it all. Speaking of Claire, I personally love what she did to that guy.

Okay, so my wife has a theory about Nikki (Vegas mom) and her ex, DL. My wife thinks that her alter-ego killed the men that DL is accused of killing, and then burried them in the desert. How else did she know where they were burried?

My favorite scene in the show was Nikki in the elevater when her alter-ego took over. "Nikki's not here now." Oh, man, that was awesome. :D

Chris[/quote]

QFT

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]My favorite scene in the show was Nikki in the elevater when her alter-ego took over. "Nikki's not here now." Oh, man, that was awesome. :D
[/quote]

Yeah, that was one of my favorite scenes too. And you know what else was cool about that scene? She's beating the crap out of the mobster, but we don't actually see what she's doing to him. But I also liked when Hiro and his friend were coming down the escalator ala Rain Man, and I also really liked the scene with Isaac painting the Claire painting with his eyes all clouded over. Fuck yeah, that was a good ep last night.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="mordraine"]I also liked when Hiro and his friend were coming down the escalator ala Rain Man[/quote]
I laughed out loud at that! Pure awesomeness. :biggrin:

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"]Yeah, that was one of my favorite scenes too. And you know what else was cool about that scene? She's beating the crap out of the mobster, but we don't actually see what she's doing to him. But I also liked when Hiro and his friend were coming down the escalator ala Rain Man, and I also really liked the scene with Isaac painting the Claire painting with his eyes all clouded over. Fuck yeah, that was a good ep last night.[/quote]

Yeah, there was so much about last nights episode that was cool.

Chris

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Hey, check it out.

Graphic Novels!

Little four page stories with more background info on each character. Pretty cool.

Chris
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Okay, so my wife has a theory about Nikki (Vegas mom) and her ex, DL. My wife thinks that her alter-ego killed the men that DL is accused of killing, and then burried them in the desert. How else did she know where they were burried?[/quote]

I think the dead man in the desert is DL.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Count Zero"]I think the dead man in the desert is DL.[/quote]

I don't think so. Niki's son knows where DL is, I think he's alive. I also think he's the man working for Claire's dad.

Chris

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Nope on both counts. DL is still alive and DL will be appearing in future episodes (found that out on another site).

BTW, speaking of Claire's dad - does anyone else find it amazing how fast he gets around? He was in Vegas, LA *and* Texas in last night's episode.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]I don't think so. Niki's son knows where DL is, I think he's alive. I also think he's the man working for Claire's dad.

Chris[/quote]

I totally agree

[quote="mordraine"]Nope on both counts. DL is still alive and DL will be appearing in future episodes (found that out on another site).

BTW, speaking of Claire's dad - does anyone else find it amazing how fast he gets around? He was in Vegas, LA *and* Texas in last night's episode.[/quote]

He doesn't just get around by himself but his henchman(DL?) is always with him.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"]BTW, speaking of Claire's dad - does anyone else find it amazing how fast he gets around? He was in Vegas, LA *and* Texas in last night's episode.[/quote]

Who said he was in LA? I assumed that the cop was taken to Texas by the bald black guy.

BTW, has anyone noticed this: The only black man with powers to show up so far, and he's a villain.

Chris

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Who said he was in LA? I assumed that the cop was taken to Texas by the bald black guy.

BTW, has anyone noticed this: The only black man with powers to show up so far, and he's a villain.
[/quote]

Could be that the cop was taken to Texas, but I somehow doubt it.

Also, it's a leap to assume that Claire's dad and his black associate are villains. We don't know their motivations as of yet.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]BTW, has anyone noticed this: The only black man with powers to show up so far, and he's a villain.

Chris[/quote]

For the love of all that's good and pure on this planet, DON'T make this a race-issue! The MAIN bad guy is so white he's clear! And the main hero is an Indian (with the dot, not the feathers) for Krishna's sake!

Sheesh!

:smash:

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I'm not making it a race issue yet. I'm just pointing it out. Deal with it.

Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]BTW, has anyone noticed this: The only black man with powers to show up so far, and he's a villain.

Chris[/quote]

I did...Might not be a villian but he sure is the most under developed and mysterious character so far...Apparently he kicks butt when it comes to powers but that's it. The show does play off stereo types and generalizations...not particulary racial. Cheerleader, Stripper with kid, angst/junky artist, Otaku, and politician spin monster.

Yeah I noticed in any case...Hollywood shuffle

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]I'm not making it a race issue yet. I'm just pointing it out. Deal with it.

Chris[/quote]

FYYFF!! :thwack: You just have a habit crying "Racist Wolf" in regards to movies and TV. :P

I didn't even notice it. Of course, I am purposely oblivious to such tripe issues as "racism" in entertainment. Unless it's blatant. Which this wasn't.

Either way, the black guy has only had about 2 minutes of screen time so far. And yet we already know a lot about him. He's a powerful psychic. He works for Daddy. He knows as much as Daddy does. The symbol is very prominant on him, which gives it a more sinister meaning through him.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

It will only be a race issue if the black guy is also a font of spiritual wisdom who loves all white people.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I'm not really sure he knows...he hasn't said that much. He just does that one dudes bidding
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Skyman"]I'm not really sure he knows...he hasn't said that much. He just does that one dudes bidding[/quote]

He hasn't said *anything* as far as I remember. Very mysterious character, that guy.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="mordraine"]He hasn't said *anything* as far as I remember. Very mysterious character, that guy.[/quote]

Yeah I left it open becuse I hadn't seen the previous episodes to make it an all or nothing statement.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Daddy told him to "take just the one." Which indicates to me that they have some shared knowledge. Otherwise, he would have said "take just the girl/guy."

He knows something. And he's going to be important I think.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Daddy told him to "take just the one." Which indicates to me that they have some shared knowledge. Otherwise, he would have said "take just the girl/guy."

He knows something. And he's going to be important I think.[/quote]

Oh he'll be important...but I can't infer that much information from doing some guys bidding like he's a henchman of some sort. But then it was the end of that episode and they only gave us a partial of the scene. Hope it's like the autopsy where they did not complete the scene and show the whole linear events in the next one.

Now if he turns out to be DL, the kids father, that will be nice but I will be disappointed by the writting slightly unless it's more involved.

BTW I don't see Blanch Prez as a Racist crying Wolf...or crying Racist wOlf. I kinda see him pointing out the obvious...and when I say obvious. I mean more obvious than the product placement of the Nissan

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Skyman"]Now if he turns out to be DL, the kids father, that will be nice but I will be disappointed by the writting slightly unless it's more involved.[/quote]

Who knows how long the guy in the grave has been dead? How would the alter ego know where to bury the bodies if she hadn't been there before. The alter ego could have tracked down DL and killed him recently. The DL's mom and the son could think they know where he is. How often would a wanted criminal call their family and risk being caught?

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

That may be more compelling possibility

Edit: I just surfed another forum and read another theory about DL and the Mirror Stripper. What if the alter Ego is actually DL's essence taking over. That would make more sense in some ways and make sense to what the child says
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

All right, I've just watched it (a day late, as usual). I tried to watch it during my tutoring time tonight, but students kept showing up. WTF? Trying to watch TV over here, you fucking freshmen.

I personally feel the editing differences between the morgue scene last week and this week are... well... cheating. I know no one else feels that way, but I will say I'm glad they addressed it. We, as a nation, can move on.

I'm still entertained by this show, but not to the extent that you guys seem to be. A lot of things feel a little clumsy or forced, like the ubiquitous symbol. I will require a pretty convoluted explanation for why it shows up as a tattoo on Nikki's back and as a doodle on Claire's textbook. The psychic dude's pendant and the pattern in the DNA... okay. Those can easily be connected, although the former had better follow from the latter or it just doesn't make sense.

I dig Future Hiro. I look forward to the team-formation episode.
Mike Olson
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

The wild speculation and incredible attention to detail are probably a little beyond me. I'm familiar with it, though - Winter listens to Lost podcasts.

I'm enjoying the overall look and feel of it. It's the first thing that's had me cheering from the couch in ages, that's for sure. It seems like candy - all the cheap yummy goodness the audience really wants with bits of stringing them along with promise of plot-easter-eggs scattered liberally throughout. I don't want to read too much into it or it loses its comic book brand of suspension of disbelief.

Why in the world do you think it's [the morgue scene] "cheating", Devlin?
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Neuro"]Why in the world do you think it's [the morgue scene] "cheating", Devlin?[/quote]

Because he's a pendantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard. A beligerant old fart. A worthless steaming pile of cow-dung.

Figuratively speaking.

:biggrin:

Actually, I think he just likes the attention that being contrary gets him. :wink:

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="devlin1"]All right, I've just watched it (a day late, as usual). I tried to watch it during my tutoring time tonight, but students kept showing up. WTF? Trying to watch TV over here, you fucking freshmen.

I personally feel the editing differences between the morgue scene last week and this week are... well... cheating. I know no one else feels that way, but I will say I'm glad they addressed it. We, as a nation, can move on.

I'm still entertained by this show, but not to the extent that you guys seem to be. A lot of things feel a little clumsy or forced, like the ubiquitous symbol. I will require a pretty convoluted explanation for why it shows up as a tattoo on Nikki's back and as a doodle on Claire's textbook. The psychic dude's pendant and the pattern in the DNA... okay. Those can easily be connected, although the former had better follow from the latter or it just doesn't make sense.

I dig Future Hiro. I look forward to the team-formation episode.[/quote]

I think I am in the same boat as you. I like the show because it is a super hero show, but aspects of it feel forced. It feels like they are trying way to hard to be like Lost, rather than trying tell a good story.

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Gotetsu"]
Actually, I think he just likes the attention that being contrary gets him. :wink:[/quote]

Actually, that's me... :biggrin:

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="devlin1"]... A lot of things feel a little clumsy or forced, like the ubiquitous symbol. I will require a pretty convoluted explanation for why it shows up as a tattoo on Nikki's back and as a doodle on Claire's textbook. The psychic dude's pendant and the pattern in the DNA... okay. Those can easily be connected, although the former had better follow from the latter or it just doesn't make sense.[/quote]

I'm hoping that they do something like this to explain: BSBD (Big Silent Black Dude) is using his psychic mojo to track down the 'supers' (how else are they finding them?), and as he does so, a little bit of a psychic imprint takes effect - that's why they 'know' the symbol, but probably not consciously. It is obviously an important symbol to BSBD (maybe even his personal symbol, but I kinda doubt that) - so it would make sense to be something that 'bleeds' over a little here and there.

[quote]I dig Future Hiro. I look forward to the team-formation episode.[/quote]

Yeah, future-Hiro's cool. Flawless English, I'm wondering how far ahead he was.. Also, Peter must have a wicked facial scar later on - we'll probably get to see it happen (maybe soon).

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Just about the only thing that seems forced to me is the symbol popping up all over the place. I laughed and sorta rolled my eyes when I saw it on MirrorNikki's shoulder.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Yeah, future-Hiro's cool. Flawless English, I'm wondering how far ahead he was.. Also, Peter must have a wicked facial scar later on - we'll probably get to see it happen (maybe soon).[/quote]

I'm very fond of future Hiro to. I like the sword strapped to his back. He definately had the super hero feel to him.

Peter has a scar? I missed something.