Change?

The Fraternal University of Bright All-round Roleplayers
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Change?

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, so it's about time for my annual post about changing what we do in FUBAR. Not that it ever does any good. It just gets debated, and eventually ignored. But, hey! Who am I to argue with tradition? :biggrin:

So, who's up for something different? What I have in mind is keep TWLD, but in the off-weeks, starting something new, with a new GM.

Chris, I love ya man, and you're a fine GM. But I just think we need something new. Anyone have any suggestions? Or shall we just let this thread fall to the wayside again and go about our business as usual.

For my part, I wouldn't mind starting up Dragonstar again. Or at least doing the couple of stories I have in mind in the mean time. I'd also be willing to do something like SpyCraft or maybe even Heavy Gear again.

I'd also love to give M&M another go. Or even GURPS: Something or Other. Transgender Space, anyone? :lol:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

As usual, I'm up for just about anything. Work has made me way to unreliable GM though. Wasn't there talk of playing Necessary Evil, because I'd really like to do that.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I'm only interested in changing games if we make the new one Low Life.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Cthulhu"]As usual, I'm up for just about anything. Work has made me way to unreliable GM though. Wasn't there talk of playing Necessary Evil, because I'd really like to do that.[/quote]

Necessary Evil sounds good...I've been very unrealiable, period.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]I'm only interested in changing games if we make the new one Low Life.

Chris[/quote]

[SIZE="5"]Righteous![/SIZE]

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]I'm only interested in changing games if we make the new one Low Life.

Chris[/quote]

My God! Why hast thou forsaken me??? :nono:

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Chris[/quote]

:screwy: :finger:

I actually enjoyed spycraft, and would really like playing a game of that, but Im up for anything other than talking poo.

Its never too early to be a bastard!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Infernus"]:screwy: :finger:

I actually enjoyed spycraft, and would really like playing a game of that, but Im up for anything other than talking poo.[/quote]

Oh, thank the Maker!

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Just a side note...refering to Infernus as a personal divine entity is way F#*k up
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, is anyone else willing to run something?

I'd be willing to do SpyCraft, if'n you guys want. I have some ideas that will be able to accomodate any type of characters.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I'd actually be up for a Nessicary Evil game. Although, I thought this was the reason we were playing Trinity. I mean, I have no issue at all with stoping that game, if you all want, I'm just saying that's the reason I thought we were playing that.

Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]I'd actually be up for a Nessicary Evil game. Although, I thought this was the reason we were playing Trinity. I mean, I have no issue at all with stoping that game, if you all want, I'm just saying that's the reason I thought we were playing that.

Chris[/quote]

Ditto....it was but Tom wants change and you must bend to his moods desire

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

xx
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Skyman"]Ditto....it was but Tom wants change and you must bend to his moods desire[/quote]

No, seriouslly, i'm not against switching games (or even letting someone else GM) if that's what everyone wants. I'm just as flighty as John and Tom are in this regard. :)

Chris

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Blanch I'm not saying you were. I'm just saying you will bend to his will because you can't over come his DC rating. :wink: As you pointed out we actually had already talked about how this will all change before...thus the reference to the Necessary Evil

BTW I wouldn't throw John in there...he just agrees alot with what everone is feeling for at the moment, which is cool in it's own right.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, remind me again what Necessary Evil is...
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Ok, remind me again what Necessary Evil is...[/quote]

A supers game. Alien's have invaded the world, and managed to kill 90% of the worlds super heroes. All that's left to defend the planet are you... the world's Super Villains!

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

That's what I thought. Who would run this?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]That's what I thought. Who would run this?[/quote]

I'm cool with running it. I'm also cool with John running it, if he wants.

Chris

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

From what John said earlier I think Chris will most likely
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Would we actually be using Savage Worlds? Or would we just apply the idea to M&M?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Would we actually be using Savage Worlds? Or would we just apply the idea to M&M?[/quote]

I'd like to at least try it with Savage Worlds. Mostly, this is because I don't have a copy of M&M, and I can give you all copies of Savage Worlds. But, also because if we do Savage Worlds, I could be ready to run this this coming Tuesday.

Chris