The Character Design Thread

A Warhammer Fantasy PbP run by Barrier Peaks.
Barrier Peaks

The Character Design Thread

Post by Barrier Peaks »

Okay, I'm going to get to characters in the next day or two. To begin, I'm going to give folks two choices.

BlanchPrez, choose between:

a Coachman
or
a Jailer

Smartmonkey, choose between:

a Bounty Hunter
or
a Charcoal Burner

Devlin, you're still a rat-catcher, as far as I'm concerned. Did you have a specific race in mind?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Hmmm... a dwarf teamster? Interesting possiblities.

Yeah, I think I'll go with jailer.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Yeah, I think I'll go with jailer.[/quote]
Jailer it is. BTW, should I just call you "Chris"?

A quick question: Do you folks mind if I post your characters, or would you prefer that your stats, equipment, skills, and the like remain for your eyes only?

My knee-jerk reaction is to post all stats publicly, but I wanted to make sure that no one would object.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Barrier Peaks"]Jailer it is. BTW, should I just call you "Chris"?

A quick question: Do you folks mind if I post your characters, or would you prefer that your stats, equipment, skills, and the like remain for your eyes only?

My knee-jerk reaction is to post all stats publicly, but I wanted to make sure that no one would object.[/quote]

Blanch, Chris, BlanchPrez, whatever you want, its okay with me.

And I'm okay with public stats.

Also, I would prefer that you make everyone's character, but if everyone else is okay with Dev making his own character, I'm not going to complain.

Chris

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Also, I would prefer that you make everyone's character, but if everyone else is okay with Dev making his own character, I'm not going to complain.[/quote]
I want to make it clear that I want to make my character just because I like making my own characters, not because I have some inside track on the system. Creating my own ratcatcher won't help his chances of survival, believe me.

I guess it'd be too ironic to play a Skaven ratcatcher, huh? I'll probably be a human, too. Baldrick Ratcatcher.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

Since Smartmonkey is the only other player thus far, the ball is more or less in his court as to whether or not Dev makes his own character.

Concerning Skaven PCs: Nah, it wouldn't really fit, irony or not. I haven't gotten my comp copies of Children of the Horned Rat, yet, even if I was inclined to allow it. This game is going to be strictly standard, insofar as PC races are concerned: dwarfs, elves, halflings, and humans.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Barrier Peaks"]Concerning Skaven PCs: Nah, it wouldn't really fit, irony or not. I haven't gotten my comp copies of [i]Children of the Horned Rat[/i], yet, even if I was inclined to allow it. This game is going to be strictly standard, insofar as PC races are concerned: dwarfs, elves, halflings, and humans.[/quote]
Yeah, I'm down with that. I just thought it was a funny idea, and not one that I'd carry through with (or "one with which I'd carry through"). I've always been set on a human ratcatcher named Baldrick.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Bounty Hunter, please. Do they have the possibility of starting with a firearm?
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="smartmonkey"]Bounty Hunter, please. Do they have the possibility of starting with a firearm?[/quote]
No, but the bounty hunter does start with a crossbow. Firearms are fairly rare (and expensive). Out of 60 starting careers, only three of them begin the game with any manner of firearm.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote="Barrier Peaks"]No, but the bounty hunter does start with a crossbow. Firearms are fairly rare (and expensive). Out of 60 starting careers, only three of them begin the game with any manner of firearm.[/quote]

I'll just have to pillage one off some poor bastards corpse, then. Do I need to make some talent choices?

Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="smartmonkey"]Do I need to make some talent choices?[/quote]
There are one or two talents to choose between within the Bounty Hunter career, but I went ahead and determined them randomly (by even/odd roll). If you'd prefer to pick them yourself, I don't mind listing them for you.

As it stands, I've got characters done for [b]Smartmonkey[/b] and [b]Blanchprez[/b]. I still haven't heard from [b]Smartmonkey[/b] as to whether or not he cares if [b]Devlin[/b] makes his own character or not. If you'd rather abstain from making that choice, let me know (either here or in PMs).

We may have one other player, but they need to log into the forums first.

Also, note that I'm using the optional rules for provincial features as detailed in Appendix II of [i]Sigmar's Heirs[/i]. Normally, human characters gain the same number of starting skills, as well as two random talents. With these optional rules, starting skills (and sometimes talents) are determined based on the region that a character comes from. I find that it gives human characters a bit more variety.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

I'm fine with Devlin doing his own chargen... and my character will be a native of wherever the game begins, if that makes things easier on you.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Am I the only one that doesn't know the rules to this game?

Chris
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Am I the only one that doesn't know the rules to this game?[/quote]
Nah, I'm not real clear on them, either.

Just kidding.

The basic system is percent-based. In fact, you'll probably look at your stats and skills and say, "Holy shit! They're so low!" That's normal. Starting characters in WFRP, on the whole, suck more than you might be used to.

I'll post a definition of stats, what they mean, etc, which should give you some kind of overview. I'd prefer it if things remained more or less transparent, in regards to mechanics. In other words, don't worry so much about the odds or the rules; just say what you'd like to do, and I'll adjudicate.

Verminary

Post by Verminary »

[quote="Barrier Peaks"]We may have one other player, but they need to log into the forums first.[/quote]
And here I am. I wish to be a hoonam, please!

Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

So the fourth player has arrived. At the very least, I've swelled the forum membership by one more soul. Welcome aboard, Verminary.

So, a human. Rolling my mystical, magical dice, your career choices are as follows:

Initiate
or
Woodsman

Choose wisely.
Verminary

Post by Verminary »

Initiate, please.
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="Verminary"]Initiate, please.[/quote]
I'll need to know which deity your character will be worshipping. Also, is your PC a male or female?

On the topic of deities, the [url=http://swordsagainstchaos.blogspot.com/]Swords Against Chaos web log[/url] has been updated with a post listing the gods that are commonly worshipped in the Empire. There are few, if any, athiests in Warhammer.

I'll be updating this post to discuss non-Human gods, since there is a Dwarf in the party.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Coincidentally, I just picked up the WHFRP corebook at lunch today, cuz I got a gift certificate at Game Empire for Fathers' Day. Is it too late to sign up?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="mordraine"]Coincidentally, I just picked up the WHFRP corebook at lunch today, cuz I got a gift certificate at Game Empire for Fathers' Day. Is it too late to sign up?[/quote]
Nope, you're welcome to sign up. Would you allow me to make your character, much as I've done for Smartmonkey, Blanch, and Verminary? Or did you have a more hands-on approach in mind?

If you're good with me rolling the dice, just let me know what race you're interested in, and I'll give you a choice of two random careers to pick from.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Do we have an elf yet? Are elves viable characters? Cuz if not, and if so, then I choose elf.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="mordraine"]Do we have an elf yet? Are elves viable characters? Cuz if not, and if so, then I choose elf.[/quote]
An Elf it is. You won't be well-liked, and might rub the Dwarf the wrong way, but that's no reason to say no.

So, as an Elf, your career choices are...

Hunter

or

Vagabond

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Hunter sounds good to me.
Verminary

Post by Verminary »

[quote="Barrier Peaks"]I'll need to know which deity your character will be worshipping. Also, is your PC a male or female?[/quote]
Um, a transvestite Shallya-worshipper? I have this kind of Cybelene thing going on, where I cut off my--

No, wait, that's another game. Male, initiate of Verena I'm thinking.

Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="Verminary"]Um, a transvestite Shallya-worshipper? I have this kind of Cybelene thing going on, where I cut off my--

No, wait, that's another game. Male, initiate of Verena I'm thinking.[/quote]

Gods, you're sick. I think you'll fit right in with the rest of these guys.

Okay, should be quick. I had everything done except the specific deity.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Smartmonkey's character's foretelling of doom on Barrier Peak's weblog"]Thou art not as good as thou thinkest thou art.[/quote]haha. uh... huh... lemme check. yep, sigged.
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]haha. uh... huh... lemme check. yep, sigged.[/quote]
I can't take credit for that. The "Foretelling of Doom" is a random chart in the Warhammer RPG. You see, if a child survives to his tenth birthday, he is given a foretelling of his demise. As I said, everything about these characters is random...including their Foretelling of Doom.

So if you need to credit someone, credit the [i]WFRP Character Pack[/i], designed and written by Chris Pramas.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Barrier Peaks"]I can't take credit for that. The "Foretelling of Doom" is a random chart in the Warhammer RPG. You see, if a child survives to his tenth birthday, he is given a foretelling of his demise. As I said, everything about these characters is random...including their Foretelling of Doom.

So if you need to credit someone, credit the [i]WFRP Character Pack[/i], designed and written by Chris Pramas.[/quote]

thanks for your honesty. chump.

seriously though, thanks for enlightening me. makes me want to play in your game even more. alas, i would be a shitty pbp-er as i am a heinous flake in anything correspondence-y.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

So, now that your characters are posted, I'm going to try and answer your 10 questions.

In the words of Vargroth Skorlokson:

1.) Where are You From? I be originally from Zhufbar in the Worlds Edge Mountains, though I been away from there for nearly 20 years now.

2.) What is Your Family Like? Ah, me pa was a hard man, miner by trade. He never let us wee ones get away wi' nothin', and a good smackin' was always expected if we did somethin' wrong. Me ma was dead afore I could remember her, died in a tunnel collapse, so me pa says. I were mostly raised by me sister, who also had to take care o' me younger brother. Good stout dwarves, me sister and brother were.

3.) What is Your Social Class? Me family has a long history o' bein miners in Zhufbar, and me pa was in charge o' the shafts he worked in. Using human terms, we was what you would call middle class. Not nobility by any means, but we were no surfs, neither.

4.) What Did You Do Before You Became an Adventurer? Ay, me pa always wanted me to become a miner like himself, but I wanted to be more of a crafstman meself. My path led me to neither spots, however. Events in me life lead me to the jail more often than not, and I ended up becoming a Jailer, and I be doing that here in the Empire as well.

5.) Why Did You Become an Adventurer? Well, tha's a bit personal. But, basically, it involved the Head Jailers daughter, if ye catch me drift. I came to the Empire, where I was able to get another job as a Jailer. Humans likes a stout dwarf with a good axe as jail guards. Keep the inmates in line, I do.

6.) How Religious are You? Ay, ye do like to be personal, don' ye? Well, I know how to sware with the best o' em, and tha's all the answer yer gettin' out o' me.

7.) Who are Your Best Friends and Worst Enemies? Well, I don' know that I be callin' him me BEST friend, but there be a human bounty hunter by the name o' Hildred Godtgraf. Helped me wi' a few runaways, he has. Good fellow, for a human. Enemies? Aw, now, I don't be doin' much to anger folks. Well, 'ceptin' that blacksmith in town. He be passin' off shody workshipmanship off as quality, and that 'taint right!

8.) What are Your Prized Possessions? Ah, that would be me tankard. This ain't no normal tankard, ye see. This be a hand crafted mug passed down to me by me pa, and his pa before him, and up the line to my great, great grandpa. Each generation carves their name on the mug. See, there's mine right there? And when I have a son, his name will go right here.

9.) Who are You Loyal To? Me family has me loyality before anyone else. I know I left 'em, but it were nothin' big. Give it another 30 years, and things will have cooled down enough that I can return home just fine. And, I'll have plenty o' stories to tell. For the mean time, I be loyal to the Countess, on account that I got this job in her jails.

10.) Who do You Love/Hate? Ah, me heart belongs to the girl I left behind. When her pa calms down, I'll be back to prove to him I'm worthy of marryin' her, I will. My true hatred is reserved for Orcs. Them green bastards better watch out for me axe should they ever show their arses around here!

Chris
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Can I change my elf's first name? I can't even pronounce "Istsothar." If thou wouldst, my elf be "Laurenor Fleetwing."
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="mordraine"]Can I change my elf's first name? I can't even pronounce "Istsothar." If thou wouldst, my elf be "Laurenor Fleetwing."[/quote]
Like I said, it's all random. The name charts that came with the Character Pack are pretty impressive, but I do agree that Istsothar is a bit of a tongue-wrangler.

I'll adjust the name ASAP.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Many thanks to thee.
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]So, now that your characters are posted, I'm going to try and answer your 10 questions.

In the words of Vargroth Skorlokson:[/quote]

Very nice. So nice, in fact, that I think you deserve 100 experience points for the effort. You can save the XP, or trade it in for an Advance if you like.

I'll give any player that answers the 10 questions in a similar manner the same 100 xp reward.

Way to go, Chris.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm working on my 10 questions. I'm about 1/2 way done.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Okay, without further ado...

Tidbits and recallings from Laurenor of Clan Fleetwing (not necessarily in chronological order, in case you were wondering)

Where are You From?
As he often did when he left for the hunt, Laurenor looked back down the path towards his village. Members of the community were serenely going about their business. Cerce was a peaceful Wood Elf village nestled deep in the Reikwald Forest, and it operated with a certain efficiency that could only be described as Elvish. Laurenor nodded inwardly, content with his lot, and paced away.

What is Your Family Like?
Laurenor winced as his father, Istsothar, admonished him for some infraction or other. The family patriarch had, it seemed, endless rules, and Laurenor, it seemed, broke at least one of them on a daily basis. Although his twin sisters Alana and Ariana, it seemed, never did anything wrong. His mother Fanriel, standing behind Istsothar, gave him a sympathetic look, but Laurenor knew he had to bear it stoically.

What is Your Social Class?
Istsothar, as an elder of the village, had a certain reputation to uphold. Therefore, whenever the family went to any social function or gathering, Laurenor, Alana and Ariana were all expected to behave accordingly. All in all, thought Laurenor, it was very stifling. He did, however, enjoy the occasional envious glances of the other less advantageous members of the village.

What Did You Do Before You Became an Adventurer?
It had been hours sitting in the underbrush, not moving, before the deer came down the game trail. Still Laurenor waited, holding his breath, until the very last moment, then he let sail with an arrow. It hit true and downed the buck. He sighed in satisfaction. Such a kill would amply provide for clan and village.

Why Did You Become an Adventurer?
"This is a solemn errand, my son," whispered Istsothar, "but I know you shall prove your clan proud. Our village and those of the surrounding Wood Elves have lost touch with the outside world, and our continued survival depends upon knowledge!" Laurenor nodded. "I shall go forth into the Empire, father, and learn what I can. This I swear."

How Religious are You?
Laurenor sighted down the shaft of his arrow and muttered a small prayer. "May Kurnous guide your flight."

Who are Your Best Friends and Worst Enemies?
"Off to see the world, then, are you? But who am I going to drink ale with, and play practical jokes on?" asked Blaze plaintively. Blaze was of Clan Farway, a lower clan than Fleetwing in the tight hierarchy of Cerce, but that didn't stop Laurenor from befriending him when they were but lads. "Perhaps," answered Laurenor with a gleam in his eye, "you'll spend more time with Yuviel. I've noted your friendship with her growing of late." Blaze blushed uncharacteristically and slapped Laurenor on the back with a laugh.
Laurenor's breath came in ragged gasps. The battle was over, and he played his part in it, killing two of the Beastmen with well shot arrows. But adrenaline was pumping through his veins still, and it took long moments to calm himself. The Beastmen had stepped up their attack on the surrounding villages of late, a fact that troubled the elders, and one of the reasons Laurenor was soon leaving the village in search of knowledge and tidings of the Empire and the world.

What are Your Prized Possessions?
As he did every night, whether he was scheduled to go out for the hunt or not, Laurenor carefully oiled the wood of his longbow, and waxed the string.

Who are You Loyal To?
Newly arrived, Laurenor strode through the streets of Nuln, searching for a suitable inn. His clothes may have been all the worse for wear, but the mark of his clan, Fleetwing, was born proudly on the breast of his shirt, embroidered with care by his mother.

Who do You Love/Hate?
Sitting on the low bed in his room an an inn in the sprawling city of Nuln, miles from his home, Laurenor stared at the small, light-green ribbon. It was a favor from Eldrine. His eyes were on the twist of green silk, but his mind was cast far away. Eldrine, to Laurenor's eye anyway, was the most beautiful girl in Cerce and, perhaps above all else, he regretted leaving her behind. He hoped she was well and safe. The last attack from the Beastmen was too close for comfort. Elves weren't prone to hatred, but if anything stirred that emotion in Laurenor, it was the sight of those horrid monsters.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Hildred Godtdraf - in his own words (Mostly sober. Mostly)

1.) Where are You From?
And who be wantin' to know, y'feck! Mind y'buisness!

2.) What is Your Family Like? Pa died when I was, dunnah, seven. Ma kept me in line til twelve, then the fever took 'er too. Me an meh brothers kept the pot full, till Gustav took a guardsmans sword in the gut and Anders got a bit of rope around the neck. Me and Tor decided to get on the right side of the law and started bustin' escapees heads and bringin' em in for bounty. Tor caught an arrow with his head, and now it's just me. Bloody happy story, ain't it?

3.) What is Your Social Class? Da was a farmer. Poor as a templemouse, we was. Even worse after he died, thieves and cutthroats, was we.

4.) What Did You Do Before You Became an Adventurer? Same as I do now. Crack the heads o'the men the magistrate wants taken, bring 'em in for a bounty. Crack the lasses heads too, if thats what he wants. Golds gold, mate.

5.) Why Did You Become an Adventurer? Adventurer? Pah. I do what I gots to do for a bit of gold and a warm bed.

6.) How Religious are You? I make temple if I be sober. Ain't often. Say me prayers when I be needins it, which ain't often.

7.) Who are Your Best Friends and Worst Enemies? I don't got neither. Not 'less y'count the jailer that pays me bounties (though he did save me hide the day that bandit broke his manacles - near snapped the feckers neck) and the magistrate that gives me the 'job. Me worst enemy? The poor bastards on me list. Watch for the law, mate, or y'make the list. And most times, they dun care if y'come back with a lumped head or a crossbow bolt in the belly.

8.) What are Your Prized Possessions? Me crossbow. Bloody things saved me white arse from more villains than I can count.

9.) Who are You Loyal To? Meself, mostly. After that, the man with the gold. And after that, well, the fella with the biggest sword and the shiniest feckin' armor. He's the one I'll be standin' behind in a fight.

10.) Who do You Love/Hate? Orks. Bloody feckin orks! Feckin' filthy bastards that can't speak a proper tounge! And the wee ugly little fecks always followin' 'em around, little bastards! *pause* Love, hah! See, there was this... *degenerates into drunken mumbling, before collapsing on the table.*

Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

Good goin', folks. I'll append your characters on the web log with your answers to the 10 Questions. In the meantime, each of you has earned 100 XP. You can save it, or spend it on an Advance.

Honestly, there's no reason not to spend it on an Advance...
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, explain to me what I get with an advance, please?

Chris
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Baldrick Mozart, Rat Catcher of Nuln, in his own words:

1.) Where are You From?
Avenland originally, but I've lived in Nuln most of my life.

2.) What is Your Family Like?
A bit neglectful, best I can remember. I have a dim memory from my early childhood of being in a wagon with my parents and two older brothers, being chased through the forest by wolves. My oldest brother, Tom, and our mum, they picked me up by my hands and feet to keep me safe, and then we must've hit a bump or summat, because suddenly I was flying out the back of the wagon as if I'd been thrown. Luckily, I sailed right over the wolves and they carried on after my family. Unluckily, that was the last lucky thing to happen to me. As for my family, I'm sure they're still out there wondering where I am-- that is, if the wolves didn't get 'em.

3.) What is Your Social Class?
A bit on the low side. Not a job for the socially mobile, rat catching.

4.) What Did You Do Before You Became an Adventurer?
I'm an adventurer?

5.) Why Did You Become an Adventurer?
Seriously, I don't know that I'd call rat catching an "adventure," but if that's the kind of thing that'll get the young folk interested in wading waist-deep through sewage, I'm all for it. We're a dying breed, we rat catchers. Not many new recruits these days. That's what's doing us in. Well, that and the Flux.

6.) How Religious are You?
I do offer a prayer to Taal and Rhya when I'm hunting rats, when I remember. I used to wear a token of Ranald for good luck until a mugger took it from me.

7.) Who are Your Best Friends and Worst Enemies?
Ah, well, y'see, that's got to be little Strohmian there-- my dog. Best friend in the world, he is. A bit mad at times, but he doesn't mind the stench. I might say the rats are my "enemies," 'cept without 'em I'd be out of a job. It's an odd world the rat catcher lives in, and that's a fact.

8.) What are Your Prized Possessions?
My rat traps. Beautiful, they is. Come to that, my dead rats, as well. I've got six of 'em on the pole. Huge. Had seven, but Strohmian et one.

9.) Who are You Loyal To?
That's the main benefit of being a rat catcher: I don't have much in the way of supervision. Actually, that's the only benefit. It's a pretty horrific lifestyle, really. Either way, I don't answer to anyone in particular, and no one in particular demands my loyalty. Apart from Strohmian, of course.

10.) Who do You Love/Hate?
That's a tough question, that is. Maybe you could say I love Strohmian, but me mum, she used to say that sort of thing weren't proper with a dog. Or children, for that matter.
Mike Olson
Verminary

Post by Verminary »

10 questions for Burgolf Herz, just under the wire.

1.) Where are You From?

Norderingen, in Middenland.

2.) What is Your Family Like?

Loud and fractious and very large in stature despite being less numerous than most. I miss them occasionally but I bless the Silence which was so rarely found when I was at home.

3.) What is Your Social Class?

My parents were freeholders so I would have likewise been a freeholder and learnt to farm and count the seasons and raise Cattle of Divers types. But blessings be to Verena, I am on my way to being a Priest of her Order and I leave the distinctions of rank to men who are not Called as I am.

4.) What Did You Do Before You Became an Adventurer?

I'm not an adventurer, I am an Initiate in the Most Puissant and Righteous Service of Verena, May She Bring Justice to the Downtrodden and... half a moment, let me think. Oh yes. May She Bring Justice to the Downtrodden and Virtue to the Mighty. That's not to say I may become an adventurer at some point in my career, but it should probably wait until I'm allowed to preach and give services on my own.

5.) Why Did You Become an Adventurer?

See #4.

6.) How Religious are You?

I do my best to practice my faith with sincerity and humility. Especially when people are staring at my mole.

7.) Who are Your Best Friends and Worst Enemies?

I don't have any particularly, as of yet. Although I did enjoy it when Brother Adlehaus fell off his pony and snapped his ankle, as he was Not a particularly Merciful person and had Issues with my mole, and also my Size.

8.) What are Your Prized Possessions?

My sacred Owl. Formerly it was this Guaranteed Cure for Warts and Moles which was said to be a most Holy Relic of Shallya, but as it did not prove efficaceous and is improper for me to carry besides, I have put it aside.

9.) Who are You Loyal To?

Verena, of course, May She Bring Justice to the Downtrodden, etc. And also the Prior of the Abbey who taught me my catechisms and

10.) Who do You Love/Hate?

Also Verena, and also my mother, who had the good sense and foresignt to send me to the Abbey in my tender and formative years, that I could learn to read and write and someday adjucate the Incident we had with Goody Wydewise causing Injustice to our good milk cow. And likewise to keep me from causing injury to the smaller boys.
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="Verminary"]10 questions for Burgolf Herz, just under the wire.[/quote]
Give the fellow an Advance!

So, folks, let me know where you want your advances, I'll update your character listings on the blog, and we'll be that much closer to getting started.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Another 5% in BS, thanks.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="smartmonkey"]Another 5% in BS, thanks.[/quote]
Oh, I think we've had quite enough of your BS as it is, thanks.

Mike Olson
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote="devlin1"]Oh, I think we've had quite enough of your BS as it is, thanks.[/quote]

Die in a fire. :wink:

Verminary

Post by Verminary »

I guess INT would be a good place for an advance, seeing as my skills tend to lean in that direction.
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="smartmonkey"]Die in a fire. :wink:[/quote]
Okay, kids. Let's save all this love for the inevitable PvP.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote="Barrier Peaks"]Okay, kids. Let's save all this love for the inevitable PvP.[/quote]

I couldn't come up with a decent comeback. I don't want Devlin to die in a fire. No, not a fire. What fun would that be?

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="smartmonkey"]I couldn't come up with a decent comeback. I don't want Devlin to die in a fire. No, not a fire. What fun would that be?[/quote]
I submit that it would not be very much fun at all.

Mike Olson
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

I thought it was a witty comeback, doubtless. Just trying to stay more or less on topic, that's all!
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

But seriously. Sticky this thread as a place to post XP awards and spending?
Attachments
threadjack2hc.JPG
threadjack2hc.JPG (27.47 KiB) Viewed 36262 times