Schedule

That old Weapons of the Gods game, now all archived and stuff
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

This Sunday would work for me as well.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

Next Saturday would work better for me then this Sunday. I should really spend the weekend with the missus this weekend.

And when I say missus I mean Mike's mom.
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

oh. snap.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'm down for either weekend, (but not mother's day itself of course).

I can probably show up earlier, but I'll make no apologies whatsoever for my actions or demeanor before 10 on a weekend :mrgreen:
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="J@ke"]Next Saturday would work better for me then this Sunday. I should really spend the weekend with the missus this weekend. [/quote]
Well, in light of this, let's do next Saturday. In a way, that's better for me, too]And when I say missus I mean Mike's mom.[/quote]

Well, yeah. I just assumed that's what you meant.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Okay, so next Saturday is the day. That's good cuz this Sunday would NOT have worked. I forgot that I was flying off to Chicago on Sunday.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

So what time should I expect everyone?
Anyone need my address?
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'll need the address.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="J@ke"]So what time should I expect everyone?[/quote]the other game that andy and i are in got cancelled just recently. so, we can meet whenever. no need for morning gaming.

does our usual "noon" start time sound good?

J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]I'll need the address.[/quote]
PM-ed

Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]the other game that andy and i are in got cancelled just recently. so, we can meet whenever. no need for morning gaming.

does our usual "noon" start time sound good?[/quote]

"Yes."

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I was wondering if I could request a little later start time, since Albert and I don't have to worry about being anywhere? Like maybe 4 or 5? I've got two reasons for the request - a) I'm getting back from Chicago tonight, and I'm gonna be beat. I'll probably be sleeping in tomorrow morning and I doubt I'll really be able to make it there by noon, and b) I need to do some Mother's Day shopping beforehand.

A 4pm start time would be good for me, and then we can play into the wee hours of the morning even, if that's what everyone wants to do.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'm fine with it, as long as we end at a reasonable hour. jenny and i are driving up to orange county for mom's day. at this point i don't know whether it's going to be a saturday night or sunday morning departure.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

We should probably hear what times people need to end by. Like what is an "reasonable hour"? That and knowing how long we want to get together should tell us the latest we can start. Me, I'm good for when ever.
Kevin Gander,Barber
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I've gotta drive up to my mom's house on sunday, but I can leave anytime before 11am Sunday morning... so let's call that my limit :mrgreen:
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

hrm. i rescind my use of the words "reasonable hour." we'll end when we end, and jenny and i will adjust accordingly. i just got off the phone with her and she's says that'd work. how's that?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Okay, later in the day it is -- but like the rest of you mama's boys, I'm headed north on Sunday... although I think I'm taking the train, so screw sleep!

In fact, with gas prices the way they are, I'm toying with the idea of taking the train down to SD too.
Mike Olson
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

So it is 4pm-?. The ambiguity of it all. I love it. It's like anything could happen.
Mike, if you take the train what time do you think you'll get to town? It'll be real easy for one of us leave from my place to pick you up at the station.

Since we're starting so late, any one want to go out to eat and get some dumplings before hand?
Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="J@ke"]
Mike, if you take the train what time do you think you'll get to town? It'll be real easy for one of us leave from my place to pick you up at the station.[/quote]

I'll invetigate more and get back to you on that. Right now it's just a notion, but I feel with the proper funding I could turn it into an idea.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Damn. I opened this window to reply, then like 8 people called me with stupid questions and now I can't remember what I was going to say...

Um..then...uuuummmm..... hi guys - how's it going and stuff? Yeah, yeah. How's the weather. Uh-huh, yeah. I guess I'll see you all tomorrow then -yeah, that's cool.

.... and now some guy is bugging me about his router setup - sheesh, you'd think I was here to assist him with his technological difficulties or something. :smash:

-------------

The dumplings sound good though. maybe we could break for dinner though? Not sure I'll be that hungy at 4ish.. though I could skip lunch I suppose.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Hi everyone!! I'm sitting at the terminal in O'Hare. My flight has been delayed an hour (typical for O'Hare) and I'm actually rather drunk. I was sitting around at the lounge buying a bunch of drinks. Woohoo! I love posting to an RPG forum when I'm drunk! I bet you guys can't even tell. Ha! (I even paid for internet access and I don't care!).

Anyway, I'd be up for picking Mike up at whatever train station he comes in on. Also, I'd be willing to pick up dumplings, as long as what we're talking about is Chinese dumplings, (aka gyoza).
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

drunk mordraine postings from o'hare make my day.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]drunk mordraine postings from o'hare make my day.[/quote]

Making Albert's day makes my day.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

What? Only God makes days. Who does Albert think he is, George Burns? He should burn!
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]I'll invetigate more and get back to you on that. Right now it's just a notion, but I feel with the proper funding I could turn it into an idea.[/quote]
by the way. i got both those references. the office and annie hall. well done.

J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

[quote="mordraine"]Also, I'd be willing to pick up dumplings, as long as what we're talking about is Chinese dumplings, (aka gyoza).[/quote]
I was actually thinking going out to eat.

Anyone?

Seriously, dumplings.

Kevin Gander,Barber
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

maybe. mordraine made me feel guilty so now i feel i must go out and shop for a mother's day gift. when're you thinking of going to dumpling inn?
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

Don't know. Maybe around 2? Think that would give enough time to get back?
Kevin Gander,Barber
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

call me when you leave and i'll let you know if i'm back from the mall.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Train idea's out. I'm driving down in an hour or so.
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

good times, guys. good times.

wish i coulda been more lively tonight, but there ya go. thanks for the intro to dumpling inn and for hosting, jake. and thanks for running, mike. sam, i will watch lodoss soon.

*respect knuckles to all*
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Yes, good times. Coming soon, in this order (probably):

1. Rewards
2. PBP stuff
3. Chapter summaries
Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Okay! So if the Conan one-shot is on the 17th, I want to do the next WotG session on either the 11th or (preferably) the 18th. What works for everyone?
Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

yes.
SDSkuld
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by SDSkuld »

[quote="devlin1"]Okay! So if the Conan one-shot is on the 17th, I want to do the next WotG session on either the 11th or (preferably) the 18th. What works for everyone?[/quote]

The 18th. I'm not playing, but this gives devlin more time to catch up on his chapter posts before another session puts him even more behind. ^^

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="SDSkuld"]The 18th. I'm not playing, but this gives devlin more time to catch up on his chapter posts before another session puts him even more behind. ^^[/quote]
No kidding. I have to (seriously [i]have[/i] to) get the PBP stuff done, too. I have too much to do in general, but lucky for you guys, I usually prioritize the fun stuff before the work.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Yeah, the 18th works for me. Hooray for gaming weekend!
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

Shit on a shingle. I can't make it this weekend. My wife is getting her wisdom teeth taken out and it's predicted that it's going to be harder then normal. Sorry gang.
Kevin Gander,Barber
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i hope the dental surgery goes well.

dev, let us know how you want to proceed.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]i hope the dental surgery goes well.

dev, let us know how you want to proceed.[/quote]

We'll try to press on. Settling Stone will have to be sidelined just this once.

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey, um... it might be off for Sunday. Details forthcoming.
Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="devlin1"]Hey, um... it might be off for Sunday. Details forthcoming.[/quote]

I knew it. You're going to that Nobilis one-shot, aren't you...

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I knew it. You're going to that Nobilis one-shot, aren't you...[/quote]
Outed!

No, it's just that I'm trying to cram too much into my last days in North America and something's gotta give. I really want to get the gaming in, but schedule-wise, Saturday works better for me than Sunday.

So...

[b]IT'S OFF FOR SUNDAY. [/b]Jake, you got off easy. Albert, you still get a bonus Xia Joss when we game again. Also, go to the Conan one-shot so I can give you these books.

Mike Olson
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

So, I'm moving to New York. Yep, the Big Apple. Alina got accepted into the PhD program at Mt. Sinai and we just got word of an apartment so we'll be moving around the 10th of July. I know Mike's out of here but we should get together one last time and get dumplings and do a one shot or something.
Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="J@ke"]So, I'm moving to New York. Yep, the Big Apple. Alina got accepted into the PhD program at Mt. Sinai and we just got word of an apartment so we'll be moving around the 10th of July. I know Mike's out of here but we should get together one last time and get dumplings and do a one shot or something.[/quote]
Wow, congrats to Alina. Sorry to hear you'll be leaving us, but it's all for a good cause. Do that one-shot. Andy, run a WotG one-shot.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

mixed blessings, eh? congrats to alina! yeah, we'll definitely have to grab some grub and game soon.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="devlin1"]Wow, congrats to Alina. Sorry to hear you'll be leaving us, but it's all for a good cause. Do that one-shot. Andy, run a WotG one-shot.[/quote]

Not a WotG one-shot. I don't know the system half as good as I should.

But I was planning a Star Frontiers one-shot. Might be able to do that. However, time is of the essence! July 10th is right around the freaking corner and I'm out of town on that weekend before the 4th of July.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

PS - congrats to Alina, but bummer that J@ke is leaving town. *sigh*
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Not a WotG one-shot. I don't know the system half as good as I should.[/quote]
You and me both, brother. Why do you think we tell so many D&D stories instead of playing?

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Who's gonna rescue Five Fingers when assassins strike? This guy, or the other guy? Yeah.. *right*. He'll probably end up like that 8 fortunes desert dude without Settling Stone. :thwack:

Good luck in the Big Apple though - I hope you have a rockin' time.

I call not-it on the one shot GMing cause I just did it and my work is still being a PITA (though slowing a tiny bit.. enough to check the boards once in a while ;) I'm down for pretty much whatever game though. Some ideas:

Feng Shui
Adventure!
Mutants & Masterminds
Deadlands
Monkey, Ninja, Pirate, Robot
The Riddle of Steel
Serenity

..just to throw some things out there. Andy's Star Frontiers game sounds good also if he wants to do that.