Benefits of Buddhism

That old Weapons of the Gods game, now all archived and stuff
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Benefits of Buddhism

Post by devlin1 »

Here are some ideas for the Buddhist Loresheet. Jake, you were saying you'd probably buy it if it, y'know, did something, so here are some things it could do.

* Bonus: The Buddhist’s dedication to vegetarianism puts him in harmony with the animals of Shen Zhou. When handling, taming, or even trying to persuade animals, the Buddhist receives a +5 bonus to his actions.

* Karma: In every session in which the Buddhist gains a Deed of Kuan, he may spend 1 Xia Joss to cause a fortunate event to occur. For example, he might find a previously unnoticed bridge spanning a chasm the party needs to cross, come across a fruit tree when he’s hungry, or make it safely to shore after his boat capsizes. Whatever the event is, it can’t affect combat.

3 Fortune: The Buddhist priest’s reputation for telling the truth gives him Quality Persuasiveness. When an attempt to persuade someone invokes the Buddha’s teachings, he gains a +5 bonus to his actions.

5 Fortune: The priest or nun who strongly adheres to the Vinayan principles (refraining from violence, stealing, sexual misconduct, lying, and drinking alcohol) is favored by Heaven. So long as he complies with them, he benefits from Improved Breath (+1) in his favored (i.e., highest) Chi. If he strays from this path, however, he must prove his piety by reciting the Sutra 90,000 times and re-dedicating himself to the precepts of Vinaya. Only by proving his devotion to Heaven can he regain his former standing.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

not that any of that has an effect on me, but still-- cool.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]not that any of that has an effect on me, but still-- cool.[/quote]
Between "Legends of Ji Gong" and my East Asian Studies class, I'm deluged with information on Buddhism.

And it could have an effect on you if you decide to turn away from Xi-Tong's and start listening to Settling Stone instead. Unlikely, given your prediliction for killing guys, but I'm not ruling it out.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

I don't know why I didn't see this when you first put it up but, thanks. I have a feeling we're going to be finding a lot of fruit trees from now on.
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber