Schedule

That old Weapons of the Gods game, now all archived and stuff
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Schedule

Post by J@ke »

So here’s the thing. I got red on my face. Remember how I said that the 24th would be best since my wife would be in Tennessee that weekend and I’d have free rein? Well that’s the day she’s getting beck so it probably wouldn’t be the best for me. Any chance of us changing weekends? Or even better we could do it that Saturday at my place and not have to worry about bothering anyone. Please don’t hesitate to chime in if this mucks tings up for anyone.
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I could be available that Saturday, but I don't know how good Saturdays are for everyone else. I can tell you for sure that I'm not available this Sunday or the weekend of the 17th-19th, but I'm good for the 24th or 25th. Also, next weekend I'm probably going to be down in SD for a birthday party, so there are some who'd say that'd be good timing, but then again it might not be for everyone. Hell, it won't be good timing for me: unless I get a chance to learn a little more about who the PCs are, anything I'd prepare would be pretty generic. Which is fine, I guess, if you're into generic. It's just that I'm not so much into genericism.

And also, I don't care where we play, just as long as we play.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

Dudes?
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm pretty sure I'm good for that Saturday the 25th.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="mordraine"]I'm pretty sure I'm good for that Saturday the 25th.[/quote]
that works.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Wow, it's a quorum. Sam?
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Had to check, but it looks ok for me also.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Excellent! Whew, that was a close one.

Time and location?
Mike Olson
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

My place would be cool for anytime.
Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="J@ke"]My place would be cool for anytime.[/quote]
Sounds good to me. Anyone have any objections to that?

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Nope, no objections here. Although of course I'll need directions at some point.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Well, I have no idea where Jake's place is, but as long as I'm not commiting to driving more than an hour or two, that's fine.

What time were we thinking though?
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

I be in Hillcrest. What time frame are we thinking?
Kevin Gander,Barber
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

jake's place sounds good. anytime is fine for me.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'll have something going Friday night, so too early isn't good for me. Sometime around when we met last time would be fine though, or later would work ok also.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

What time do you think dev? Maybe some of you could get here earlier and you could go over characters and all that crap as people trickle in.
Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="J@ke"]What time do you think dev? Maybe some of you could get here earlier and you could go over characters and all that crap as people trickle in.[/quote]
Sounds good. I'd probably drive down that morning, so a not-early start works for me.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

so, just so we're all on the same program: saturday, february 25... around the last time we met. refresh my memory, someone. what time is that?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]so, just so we're all on the same program: saturday, february 25... around the last time we met. refresh my memory, someone. what time is that?[/quote]
Like 1:00. Or whatever's convenient for Jake. Jake?

Mike Olson
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

1 sounds good. How late are we thinking of going? The cat’s away so I’m good until whenever. There're plenty of places to get food around here if we want to break for dinner.
Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="J@ke"]The cat’s away so I’m good until whenever. [/quote]
If I ever meet your wife, I'll try to remember not to tell her you refer to her as "the cat."

I think we should be able to end in the early evening, at the latest. Dinner time. I intend to post a prologue of sorts sometime this week to set the stage in advance.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Damn. That's the second worst scheduling snafu I've seen in all my years of gaming.

No address, no contact info, no phone numbers. I will say that I briefly considered just driving down and knocking on a few doors, as I remembered the area of San Diego j@ke was in (Hillcrest), but I thought better of it ;) Ah well, it was not to be this time around, I suppose.

Did you guys get some gaming done without me though? Catch me up on the action, eh?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Damn. That's the second worst scheduling snafu I've seen in all my years of gaming.

No address, no contact info, no phone numbers. I will say that I briefly considered just driving down and knocking on a few doors, as I remembered the area of San Diego j@ke was in (Hillcrest), but I thought better of it ]

Yeah, none of us were happy with that, trust me. And I had to tone shit down because we were missing a Warrior! Anyway, I suggest we all PM our contact info to one another-- email addresses at the very least-- to avert this kind of catastrophe in the future.

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Did you guys get some gaming done without me though? Catch me up on the action, eh?[/quote][/quote]

We did get a surprising amount of stuff crammed into that session (which ran a little later than intended, as usual-- but we started late, too). I'll post a synopsis in the next few days, and then I'd like to see if we could get a little further in the story (but not too far) doing play-by-post. Anyone have an objection to that? I ran a PBeM for a couple years, and am a much better GM in print than in person, so have no fear there.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

yeah, just tack @yahoo.com onto the end of my name for the email..

I dont' have a cell at the moment, but I'll PM my house phone over to everyone..

I'm cool with a little PbP action, as long as the pace is slow-ish. I sometimes don't have a ton of time free during the week.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]I'm cool with a little PbP action, as long as the pace is slow-ish. I sometimes don't have a ton of time free during the week.[/quote]
Neither me, so trust me, it'll be slow enough on my end.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

sorry 'bout the ill communications, dnd3eplayer. your presence was very much missed. trust me, i didn't want to start without you, but the others said you would've wanted it this way. i waited and waited, and eventually relented when they promised me a twinkie and a copy of highlights magazine. but now that we have your info, this shouldn't be a regular occurrence, he typed hopefully without capitalization.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Don't worry about it - it isn't your fault. It's my boss', actually ;) If I hadn't had so much to do this week, I could have had time to note J@ke's info ahead of time and then it wouldn't have happened :biggrin:
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

So then! Let's schedule the next session. How's the 19th for everyone?
Mike Olson
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

Didn't you want to do it the day after the meet-up?
Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="J@ke"]Didn't you want to do it the day after the meet-up?[/quote]
Well, that'd be in April. I thought we were once-a-month kinda guys. No reason we can't play in March before we play again in April, is there?

Oh, and also, I'm not sure if April 2 would work for me after all anyway. But either way, that doesn't mean I don't want to game in March.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm fairly certain that the 19th is okay with me.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Yay. That's one!

While we wait on hearing from everyone else, a couple things. First, I upped everyone's rewards from the first chapter; I see no reason to be stingy with Destiny, especially considering how long we have between sessions. Second, I posted a play-by-post turn. Feel free to reply in character, out of character, or PM me with stuff. The turn goes as far as the evening of the night of the silkworm hatchery fight. If there's anything you wanted to before, after, or somewhere in the cracks, go on and do it. If you need to do something that requires a roll, I'll do the rolling.

That's it!

So now then, Albert, Sam, Jake-- how's the 19th?
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i think the 19th is a go for me.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

It should be good for me too.
Kevin Gander,Barber
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Hm... the 19th is currently my next scheduled regular game, so that may be an issue. We are trying to see if we can move it to next week already though, due to some other scheduling issues, so it may actually work out.

I probably won't know till mid-week though...
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Hm... the 19th is currently my next scheduled regular game, so that may be an issue. We are trying to see if we can move it to next week already though, due to some other scheduling issues, so it may actually work out.

I probably won't know till mid-week though...[/quote]

Yeah, I was a little concerned about how that might interact with your regular game. I could conceivably game this Sunday instead, but I definitely can't game the weekend of the 25th, because I'll be in Vegas for my cousin's wedding, and as much as I don't really like her fiance, I doubt I could use that as an excuse to blow off her wedding and game instead.

And Sam-- send me that character sheet! Mgoi sai.

Mike Olson
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

This weekend would be super cool for me. The in-laws are in town all weekend and it would give me an excuse to get away.
Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="J@ke"]This weekend would be super cool for me. The in-laws are in town all weekend and it would give me an excuse to get away.[/quote]
If this Sunday is better for everyone than next Sunday, I'm down for that. It's not better for me, really, but it's not impossible for me, either.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i won't be able to make on sunday. it's my grandpa's birthday.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]i won't be able to make on sunday. it's my grandpa's birthday.[/quote]
That tears it. As long as Sam can make it, next weekend it is. Jake, you'll have to suffer your Russian mail-order bride's parents on your own.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

yeah, the 19th should be fine.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]yeah, the 19th should be fine.[/quote]
Word.

And no, I don't mean :word:. I spell my shit [i]out[/i].

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'd like to make a special request for our next meet-up. do you think we could start earlier than usual? i have to be at a friend's birthday party in la jolla at 7pm.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]i'd like to make a special request for our next meet-up. do you think we could start earlier than usual? i have to be at a friend's birthday party in la jolla at 7pm.[/quote]
Sure, what time would be good for you? You just let me know and I'll be there no more than an hour late. That's the Mike Olson Guarantee!

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]Sure, what time would be good for you? You just let me know and I'll be there no more than an hour late. That's the Mike Olson Guarantee![/quote]
well, honorable gm, since you're being generous enough to let me choose the end time, you may assign the start time. if you want to game 7 hours then maybe 11am, for example.

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'd like to request that we do NOT start at 12:21pm

Other than that, I'm good.

p.s. -> I could also be there at 12:21
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]if you want to game 7 hours then maybe 11am, for example.[/quote]
I'm down for 11, but with any luck we'll be done in well under 7 hours anyway. I'd like to think that one of these days I could bring a game session in on time and under budget.

But, um... where are we playing?

Mike Olson
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

Location?
Kevin Gander,Barber
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

well if j@ke and mordraine's pads are unavailable i can offer up my humble abode. just know that it's not the sprawling estate that their's are.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

i don't mind going to albert's place.