Rewards

That old Weapons of the Gods game, now all archived and stuff
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Rewards

Post by devlin1 »

In this thread, I'll keep track of the rewards everyone earns in each session-- Destiny, Deeds, etc.

Chapter 1: Happy New Year
I really should've doled this out in real time, because you're supposed to get 1-3 points of Joss with each Deed (oops!), but what with one thing and another I didn't. I'll be more on top of this next time.

Wang Hsi Ping:
Deeds:
  • Kuan (Benevolence): This is for supplying the group with glass beads. Yay, you.
  • Ba (Force): This is for taking out all five of that Earth And Sky Demon Gang guys in one blow. Yay, you.
  • Bao (Ferocity): This is for killing those two silkworm thieves (after disarming them, no less) when you didn't necessarily have to. Yay, you.
Destiny: 8 (2 for showing up, 2 for each Deed)

Settling Stone:
Deeds:
  • Kuan (Benevolence): This is for hosting. You have a beautiful home, there. And for picking up the pizza.
  • Kuan (Benevolence): This is for stepping in when it looked like Iron Tower Po was going to make mince meat out of the Scholar. It didn't go down that way, but it's the thought that counts.
Destiny: 6 (2 for showing up, 2 for each Deed)

Scholar Xi-Tong:
Deeds:
  • Ba (Force): This is for your impressive Force of Will displayed in the eating contest. Smart money was on the Zan monk, but you showed them-- you showed them all!
  • Ba (Force): This is for all that crap you did to Iron Tower Po, especially the two Extraordinary Courtier Techniques. And yet you let him live, proving your superiority over him. Nice.
Destiny: 6 (2 for showing up, 2 for each Deed)
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Chapter 1A: Aftermath

Wang Hsi Ping:
Deeds:
  • Ba (Force): This is for schooling that poor thief in the Secret Arts as effectively as you did.
Destiny: 1 (1 for each Deed in PBP)

Xi-Tong:
Deeds:
  • Kuan (Benevolence): How kind of you to spend all day removing that Earth Curse from the wine and patrons of the Laughing Monk.
Destiny: 1 (awarded as Status 1)
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Chapter 2: Runaway Bride
Because I am so smart, I didn't write down the Deeds I'd awarded as I awarded them. Wasn't that a good idea? So if I missed anyone here, let me know. Also, I may end up awarding additional Deeds here in retrospect that I didn't during the session, but I doubt anyone'll complain.

Wang Hsi Ping:
Deeds:
  • Kuan (Benevolence): This is for hosting. You, too, have a lovely home. Give Jenny a point of Kuan, too.
  • Kuan (Benevolence): This is for sheltering with Fearless Peen and Old Wei during the fight at the Fortunate Rest. You could've fought with the rest, but you chose to comfort a couple of peasants instead.
Destiny: 7 (2 for showing up, 2 for each Deed, 1 for following All-Seeing Shang's prediction)

Settling Stone:
Deeds:
  • Zhong (Loyalty): This is for being a loyal friend to Five Fingers Flaming Monkey Fist throughout the session, first coming to his aid on the hilltop outside of Winding Silk, and then talking that surprisingly sensitive tiger out of attacking him.
  • Kuan (Benevolence): This is for doing everything you could to avoid hurting the Tings, including the eating contest with Silver Ting and Stunning Silver and Iron Ting instead of whacking them in the face with your wolf tooth staff. That shit was fucking benevolent.
Destiny: 7 (2 for showing up, 2 for each Deed, 1 for following All-Seeing Shang's prediction)

Scholar Xi-Tong:
Deeds:
  • Ba (Force): This is for putting the oldest of the Ting Brothers in his place via your usual means (i.e., life-threatening strangulation lasting an entire Scene).
Destiny: 5 (2 for showing up, 2 for each Deed, 1 for following All-Seeing Shang's prediction)

Five Fingers Flaming Monkey Fist:
Deeds:
  • Yi (Righteousness): This is for fearlessly taking on those two Qing Cheng agents by yourself-- and doing it with style.
  • Ba (Force): This is for resourceful and clever thinking in the fight in the Fortunate Rest.
Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

You gave me something for the net deal... I want to say it was Yi, but I'm not sure (I'll have to look at my sheet..)

Oh, and 'surprisingly sensitive tiger'?:mrgreen: .. might make a good kung-fu style name also..
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]You gave me something for the net deal... I want to say it was Yi, but I'm not sure (I'll have to look at my sheet..)[/quote]
I gave you Yi for taking on those two guys, but I think for the net I just gave you Joss. That's more appropriate. While cool, the net-thing isn't really Deed-worthy, but it [i]is[/i] Joss-worthy.

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Oh, and 'surprisingly sensitive tiger'?:mrgreen: .. might make a good kung-fu style name also..[/quote]
Hmm... you may have something there....

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Hmm.. well I definitely wrote down one point of Yi for something..

Maybe it was for the fight above - I don't remember <shrug>

But I do know that I found something cool for next time :mrgreen:
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Hmm.. well I definitely wrote down one point of Yi for something..

Maybe it was for the fight above - I don't remember <shrug>[/quote]

Yeah, you got the Righteousness Deed (Yi) for taking on those Qing Cheng guys.

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]But I do know that I found something cool for next time :mrgreen:[/quote]Cool = Good.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

and don't forget, dnd3eplayer: mordraine and i each cast our joss mvp vote for your old jedi net trick, giving you a "net" total of 3. yay you!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]and don't forget, dnd3eplayer: mordraine and i each cast our joss mvp vote for your old jedi net trick, giving you a "net" total of 3. yay you![/quote]
Although like all Joss awards, they go away at the end of the session (unless I say otherwise when I dole out Joss, but really I'm just saying that now to give me the option). The lesson here: use that bonus Joss while you still can. If you want permanent Joss from session to session, buy the Lucky advantage. Gaining rank may come with a point of Joss, too; I'll have to check on that.

If all Joss awards were permanent, things'd get pretty crazy pretty fast.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]Although like all Joss awards, they go away at the end of the session...[/quote]
we know. i was just sayin' is all. (wanted to make dnd3eplayer feel good about himself s'more.)

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Chapter 3: Dog Day Afternoon

Sorry fellas-- it's a little light this month. I'd planned for the first part of this to happen last time, and the last part to begin this session, so the rewards are a little off-kilter. Nonetheless, some of you made out like em-effing thieves. If you can think of any Deeds you think you should've gotten that I may have missed, let me know. Note also that Deeds cap at 5; e.g., if you have 5 Kuan Deeds and are awarded a sixth, you'll still get the Destiny but the Deed itself doesn't count towards your goal of 10. Also note that you need 10 Deeds and 100 Destiny to go up in Rank.

Wang Hsi Ping:
Deeds:
  • Kuan (Benevolence): This is for hosting. Jenny also gets Kuan for getting us food. You oughtta marry that girl.
  • Kuan (Benevolence): This is for helping Lung Fa-Teng.
  • Yi (Righteousness): This is for encouraging the people of Bird Progress City to die on their feet instead of living on their knees.

Settling Stone:
Deeds:
Destiny: 4 (2 for showing up, 2 for each Deed)

Scholar Xi-Tong:
Deeds:

Deeds:
  • Kuan (Benevolence): This is for finding, acquiring, painting, and bringing those cool coins for us to use as Chi counters.
  • Xia (Justice): This is for sparing Dog Tail Fu's life and making him vow to become a Zan monk to atone for his past misdeeds. He's going from being a thief to being a Buddha. Poetic justice.
Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Ah yes, my usual meager apportionment of Destiny, me being a shitty player and all.

BTW, it's good to be in an adventure named after the best Al Pacino movie ever (and yes, that counts Godfather).
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Ah yes, my usual meager apportionment of Destiny, me being a shitty player and all.[/quote]
See, this is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about when I say that this past session wasn't the greatest. You weren't given enough opportunity to do your thing, and I'm sorry about that. You're not a shitty player, obviously-- the session just wasn't tailored to suit the needs of every player, and that was a problem. Next time will be better. I'll screw over those other guys instead.

It wouldn't be as big a deal if we played more frequently than once a month, but as it is....

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Oh, in all my self-pity I almost forgot: everyone who doesn't already have it now has Status 2. So that's another one (if you didn't have any Status before), two (if you had Status 1 before), or zero (if you're Settling Stone) Destiny to add to your totals.

This is for ridding Bird Progress City of the Demon Dogs. True, another gang may/will rise up to take their place, but it's still an accomplishment people will remember in Yang, especially the Dong clan, and the story of which will surely grow in the telling. I mean, it really was pretty impressive: four fought 18 and won. The 18 needed to be tougher, of course, but only the five of us know that.
Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Chapter 4: Yellow River, by I.P. Freely

Man, I never get tired of that joke! Not since second grade! And how fitting for a game sesson in which most of the events took place on or beside the Yellow River. It was also a session in which we, the players, were essentially "taking the piss" and screwing around the whole time. FUBAR, indeed! However, it was also riverboatloads of fun. It's clear I need to throw much, much worse shit at you if I want you to fear for your lives. That FUBAR factor also accounts for the scarcity of Deeds this time around. If you or someone else did something I've neglected that you think deserves a Deed, let me know and we'll sort something out.

Wang Hsi Ping:
Deeds:
  • Yi (Righteousness): By all rights, Broad Spirit Shen should've mopped the floor with you, and you seemed to know it, but you stood up to him anyway and took him to kung fu school (final grade: B-). By besting him in combat, you not only proved your own worthiness, but that of your clan as well.

Settling Stone:
Deeds:
  • Kuan (Benevolence): This is for hosting. Thanks for that.
Destiny: 4 (2 for showing up, 2 for each Deed, -1 for encouraging me to eat carne asada at 11:30pm, +1 for making puddin')

Scholar Xi-Tong:
Deeds:
  • Ba (Force): This is for using your knowledge of Daoist magic to scare those two archers off.

Deeds:
  • I can't think of a single Deed-worthy thing FFFMF did this past session. I'm open to suggestions, but the time being, here we are. We continue to be grateful for the coins, of course, but I already rewarded you for that, and while I really enjoyed your D&D stories, I can't exactly give you XP for that, y'know?
Destiny: 2 (for showing up)
Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="devlin1"][b][size=134]Chapter 4: [i]Yellow River[/i], by I.P. Freely[/size][/b]

Man, I never get tired of that joke! Not since second grade![/quote]

In High School we had to read "As I Lay Dying" by William Faulkner.

I made a book mark for it that said "As I Die to be Laid" by Willie Fauker and Betty Dont.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="mordraine"]In High School we had to read "As I Lay Dying" by William Faulkner.

I made a book mark for it that said "As I Die to be Laid" by Willie Fauker and Betty Dont.[/quote]

well done, friend.

well done.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i once sent an anonymous missive to a huge crush. signed it "adam irer."
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]i once sent an anonymous missive to a huge crush. signed it "adam irer."[/quote]
When I found out that girls like "bad boys," I sent my secret crush a note that said, "I am going to murder you."

Mike Olson