The Great Dragon War Wiki!

A forum to build worlds yo...
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

The Great Dragon War Wiki!

Post by BlanchPrez »

So, I got inspiried to try and get this going again. To that end, I've created a Wiki for the history we've created. There's nothing there right now, but I figured you guys might be interested.

http://greatdragonwar.pbwiki.com/

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

cool
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

How you you get a login?
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="J@ke"]How you you get a login?[/quote]

I'll post the password later today. I wanted to get things started first, set things up.

Chris

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, so here's how this works. When you log in, use the name of the historian that is writing the entry under Your Name. Then enter your real email address. The password for the wiki is 'karm.'

Then, you can go ahead and edit things. I suggest playing around with the SandBox first. Remember, only edit the entries you've posted for now. (And if you want to, you can edit the front page)

Chris
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Sweet! Thanks Chris.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Oh cool but I only just want to view the entries for now...how do I go about doing that?
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Cool idea, make it easier for us to keep track of the entries without searching tons of threads.

Created the Index on the front page. It should cover all of our existing entries, and all the phantom entries which were in our phantom entries list. When you add your existing entries, make sure your citations are included in the index. To add the entry for an item already in the index, just click on the red link and login - it should auto-create that entry for you. If you create a new citation, be sure to edit the index page to include the new citation.

Ill finish updating my existing entries sometime tomorrow.

And Chris, in the Sidebar I would suggest including a list of the known contributors (The Alias's) which link to a search for entries by that name. For instance, one of the common ones I use is Tarin the Red, so if you put in http://greatdragonwar.pbwiki.com/FindPa ... in+the+Red with the link text Tarin the Red it will be a quick way to search for all my entries (using that name at least)
Its never too early to be a bastard!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Infernus"]Cool idea, make it easier for us to keep track of the entries without searching tons of threads.

Created the Index on the front page. It should cover all of our existing entries, and all the phantom entries which were in our phantom entries list. When you add your existing entries, make sure your citations are included in the index. To add the entry for an item already in the index, just click on the red link and login - it should auto-create that entry for you. If you create a new citation, be sure to edit the index page to include the new citation.

Ill finish updating my existing entries sometime tomorrow.

And Chris, in the Sidebar I would suggest including a list of the known contributors (The Alias's) which link to a search for entries by that name. For instance, one of the common ones I use is Tarin the Red, so if you put in [url]http://greatdragonwar.pbwiki.com/FindPage?SearchFor=Tarin+the+Red[/url] with the link text Tarin the Red it will be a quick way to search for all my entries (using that name at least)[/quote]

Thanks man. I was planning on finishing the ToC when I got back into work this morning (I leave early, which is why it wasn't finished). And that's a great idea for teh sidebar. I was also thinking of including pages that discuss the rules of Lexigon and our game in particular.

Chris

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, so, I've added all my up to date entries. I've also added all of Lowly Uhlan's entries, as he's no longer here. Next up is BreakfastOfChampions for the same reason.

Also, it appears that someone named Oaklock Guilderleaf edited our front page, but I have no idea who that is. Anyone got any ideas?

Chris
Metal Thunder Dragon
One-Armed Skeleton

Yea!

Post by Metal Thunder Dragon »

It was me :) sorry, was bored at work and wanted to add some entries.
Metal Thunder Dragon
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Metal Thunder Dragon"]It was me :) sorry, was bored at work and wanted to add some entries.[/quote]

That's cool, we're allways looking for more historians! :)

Here's the thing, though. You added an entry that didn't exist on the phantom entry list before. No biggy, I'm not going to remove it or anything. Take a look at the rules thread, go through some of the older threads in this fourm to see what people have already written, etc.

And welcome aboard!

Chris

Metal Thunder Dragon
One-Armed Skeleton

OH, sorry about that I read the rules, but got a little overwhelmed, i thought you had to add a new entry for a new letter, since there were no active 'I' entries, I added one for my writeup, and referenced one exsisting and two new phantoem ones.

Is this not the rigth way to do it? I am sure I missed something in the rules :)
Metal Thunder Dragon
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Metal Thunder Dragon"]OH, sorry about that I read the rules, but got a little overwhelmed, i thought you had to add a new entry for a new letter, since there were no active 'I' entries, I added one for my writeup, and referenced one exsisting and two new phantoem ones.

Is this not the rigth way to do it? I am sure I missed something in the rules :)[/quote]

Close. We try to use the phantom entries up first before adding a new entry. Otherwise, yeah, you're pretty much right. Like I said, I'm not going to remove it, it's cool. Just for future reference. :)

Use the Phantom Entry thread to call dibs on future entries.

Chris

Metal Thunder Dragon
One-Armed Skeleton

OK, I'll try to keep closer tabs on it :)
Metal Thunder Dragon
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, I've added entires for BoC now.

Okay, the following people haven't posted here yet:

cczernia
Smartmonkey
Count Zero
jimmy corrigan
Foxbat (who seems to be away from this board in general)

Are you guys still interested? If not, do you want to add your entires, or should I?

Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

nice to see you post Metal Thunder Dragon...it's been awhile
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Okay, I've added entires for BoC now.

Okay, the following people haven't posted here yet:

cczernia

Smartmonkey

Count Zero

jimmy corrigan

Foxbat (who seems to be away from this board in general)

Are you guys still interested? If not, do you want to add your entires, or should I?

Chris[/quote]

Since no one has replied to this, I'm just going to add their stuff to the site, so we're at least caught up.

In the mean time, everyone post what they want for I entries!

Chris

Metal Thunder Dragon
One-Armed Skeleton

[quote="Skyman"]nice to see you post Metal Thunder Dragon...it's been awhile[/quote]

Yea, I have had a rought year and gaming took a big back seat for most of it.

But I'm back now!

Metal Thunder Dragon