The Great Dragon War, Turn H

A forum to build worlds yo...
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

:oops: Crap! I completly forgot about this guys! Sorry. :(

So, anyway, if anyone is still interested, here's the H entry thread!

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Hands of St. Rusaki
Holy sect of knights belonging to the Church of Yorth. The whole elite Pearl knights of the Baeldonian Church went to the Church of Yorth during the split and were renamed Hands of St. Rusaki. The name comes from the greatest Pearl knight to have existed and the one who exemplifies the base tenants that the knights follow called the Waqua of the Faith, Shield and Sword.
One of the changes that happened between the transformation between the Pearl to the Hands of St. Rusaki was the oath of poverty and the dominion of servance given to the welfare of people instead of goverment head(s) in response to the percieved corruption of the bureaucratic Baeldonian Church. It is not uncommon for a small farm to house one or more Hands of Rusaki or to find a poor wandering man in rags to be a knight. The Hands of Rusaki are know for their prowess against undead, demon weapons and lesser demons. When demonic weapons were condoned for warfare it was not a foreign sight to have the Hands of Rusaki lurking nearby to slay the weilder. Veteran knights eventually make a personal journey, called the Steps of Sorrow, before dying in non-combat means, like old age.

Jutten Aoe- Scribe to the house of Heridan

See Also: Church of Yorth
See Also: Pearl Knights
See Also: Waqua of the Faith, Shield and Sword.
See Also: Steps of Sorrow
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]:oops: Crap! I completly forgot about this guys! Sorry. :(

So, anyway, if anyone is still interested, here's the H entry thread!

Chris[/quote]

Beuler.....Beuler......this was a cool idea

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Give me an H baby!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

....Um how about a lower case h....
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

Arent' we on q now?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Wow... okay, I managed to find my old documents that had all the entries finished as well as the index of future enteries.

How many people besides Skyman are still interested in this? If there's enough, I'll re-post all this stuff so everyone can remember where we left off.

Chris
BreakfastOfChampions

I could go for this.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'm still up for it.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

just post and see where it takes us
BreakfastOfChampions

First one might be slow because I've got to look over the rules again :)
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"]First one might be slow because I've got to look over the rules again :)[/quote]

No sweat, I think we'd all need to. Okay, I'll start posting stuff soon.

Chris

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]No sweat, I think we'd all need to. Okay, I'll start posting stuff soon.

Chris[/quote]

Cool deal...it's kinda cool the actual authors are not mentioned. Kinda gives it an actual feel as if the puedo pen scholar actually wrote it.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Here's my "H" entry! :D

Horntangle Wood

Referring to both the bark and the lumber gained from the great Horntangle trees which can be found only in the elven homeland known as the Horntangle Forrest, Horntangle wood was once a highly valuable commodity. The trees themselves are thousands of years old, and records mark them as having reached thousands of feat in height and even hundreds of feet in diameter. If this is true, they were the largest tree’s ever on this world. The name came from the fact that each tree had, spaced around it’s trunk, large, horn-like projections that were designed to prevent predators from attacking the tree. These projections would get so large, that they would some times get tangled with those of it’s neighbors.

The bark of the tree could be boiled into a tea that had amazing healing properties, curing diseases that no other cure could be found for. Despite this, however, it is the actual wood of the Horntangle tree that is most sought after. With major effort, and not a little magic, an extremely old tree could be cut down, and the wood and bark harvested. The most interesting thing about the wood, however, was that it had inherent magical properties, allowing it to be used in numerous magical items. For example, the elves of the Horntangle forest would use the wood to create a light armor that was as hard as the best dwarven made plate that they called Tangle Male.

But the most important use of Horntangle Wood, at least as far as the Great Dragon War is concerned, was the wood’s ability to hold denizens of the outer plains. The elves would use this ability to trap fairies or other smaller creatures. However, other’s found that they could use the wood to trap demons and other evil creatures. This discovery was made by an elf named Siphoth, a cultist and master binder. He passed this information onto other of his cult, and it soon passed around the known world, allowing the creation of demon bound weapons during the war.

Of course, all of this is now moot, as the dragon Auubrax destroyed the forest and all the trees during the war. Even now, while some of the trees have begun growing back, none will reach an age where their wood holds magical powers for several thousand years.

- Kharm, personal historian to the High Prelate

- See also: Auubrax, Binding, Demonic, Siphoth, Tangle Male
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Hoshoriem
The Hoshoriem is small black stone idol. More than this cannot be said about the artifact's appearance. The Hoshoriem takes the shape of the observer's fears. Only the truly fearless can possess the artifact. The last to do so was Oldas Kaight, a mercenary leader. The Hoshoriem granted the mercenary and his companions victory in battle. Kaight's enemies were terrified in his presence, which became more inhuman as time went on. For every life taken my Oldas Kaight, the idol increased in power. Oldas grew more monstrous and terrifying. Soon his own companions feared his violent rages. Many fled. Those who stayed either went mad, or became hideous beasts who served Kaight as mindless beasts.

When Kaight finally fell in battle, it was Argrok Grungim who first saw the Hoshoriem fall from Kaight's hands. If not for the dragon Bellatrix, the artifact would have resumed it's unholy purpose. As Argrok reached out for the idol, Bellatrix dove between them and devoured the Hoshoriem. While the Hoshoriem did not kill Bellatrix, Bellatrix did not destroy the Hoshoriem. Bellatrix was too powerful for the idol, but the eggs she carried within her were corrupted by it's magic. A litter of beasts, known as the tainted were born. Both dragon and demon, the tainted still roam the world in small numbers, full of the last of the Hoshoriem's power.

Also See:
Bellatrix

Kaight, Oldas
The Tainted
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, it won't let me lock this thread... I am a mod here, right?

Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Okay, it won't let me lock this thread... I am a mod here, right?

Chris[/quote]

Umm I thought you were:(