Gamers wanted for d20 wuxia game!

Seeking players or a GM?
dave_o

Gamers wanted for d20 wuxia game!

Post by dave_o »

Hola! I'm Dave, I recently moved back out here with my girlfriend and am looking for a few good gamers for my upcoming d20 wuxia game. I'll be using D&D 3.5e/Oriental Aventures rules, as well as several house rules of my own. I've DMed and played various pen-and-paper RPGs for about ten years now, so I can guarantee a good time. :nutkick:

I live in the El Cajon/La Mesa area, but commuting isn't a problem. So post here with questions, if you're interested, etc.!
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

Welcome to the boards and all.
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Drew »

Heya... If you're willing to travel to the North Park neighborhood, starting in Aug, I'd be happy to host (and play).
dave_o

Post by dave_o »

[quote="Drew"]Heya... If you're willing to travel to the North Park neighborhood, starting in Aug, I'd be happy to host (and play).[/quote]

That'd be rad -- do you have a nice place to play? :D

Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Drew »

certainly will... My GF and I just bought a 2 bedroom condo there and I get to turn one of the rooms into a game room/office...
dave_o

Post by dave_o »

[quote="Drew"]certainly will... My GF and I just bought a 2 bedroom condo there and I get to turn one of the rooms into a game room/office...[/quote]

Righteous. Lookin' to start before August, though -- though we can totally move the game once you join. ;-)

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos »

any idea what day of the week/how often/time will the game be?
Men are like rivers whose surface is apparent but beginnings are unknown....
belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos »

what are the books needed?
Men are like rivers whose surface is apparent but beginnings are unknown....
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Welcome to the boards Dave-O
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I'll make this complaint again: how come all the cool games in San Diego got started after I moved?

That's right! You heard me! All the games I was in when I lived in San Diego were shit!

Seriously, though, I love wuxia (it's rad), and like to pretend I run/ran a little on-again, off-again Wuxia HERO game myself. I'd be totally up for your game if I lived anywhere near you, which I don't.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="devlin1"]I'll make this complaint again: how come all the cool games in San Diego got started after I moved?

That's right! You heard me! [i]All the games I was in when I lived in San Diego were shit![/i]

.[/quote]

I really wouldn't know but the constant variable in your situation is...you

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Devlin: Please stay away from San Diego. All the games turn to shit when you're in town.

Or something.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
dave_o

Post by dave_o »

Man! The board just up and stopped e-mailing me replies to this thread. I'll be using D&D 3.5e and Oriental Adventures. Uhm, just e-mail me at dave.ohoh@gmail.com with further questions so I can be SURE I get them.

And my cell is 619-672-0710!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="dave_o"]Man! The board just up and stopped e-mailing me replies to this thread.[/quote]

Board appears to be sending emails okay, I'll look into this any try to figure out the cause of the problem.

"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Wintermute"]Board appears to be sending emails okay, I'll look into this any try to figure out the cause of the problem.[/quote]"look, up in the sky!... it's SUPER ADMIN!"

"good day, citizen."

"thanks super admin!"

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="smartmonkey"]Devlin: Please stay away from San Diego. All the games turn to shit when you're in town.

Or something.[/quote]

Well, it's not a geographical issue. The games I've been in here in Orange County have been, for the most part, the SHITTIEST PIECE OF SHIT GAMES EVER.

So I guess I'll have to find some games to play in that don't have me in them. I would never be a member of a gaming group that would have me as a player.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]...The games I've been in here in Orange County have been, for the most part, the SHITTIEST PIECE OF SHIT GAMES EVER...[/quote]don't know why, but this made me laugh real hard.

ok. carry on.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]I would never be a member of a gaming group that would have me as a player.[/quote]p.s. appreciate the annie hall reference.

i said carry on.

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]p.s. appreciate the annie hall reference.[/quote]

I think Woody Allen was referencing Groucho Marx. Not sure if Groucho was referencing anyone.

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."

"I remember the first time I had sex - I kept the receipt. "

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

[quote="devlin1"]I'll make this complaint again: how come all the cool games in San Diego got started after I moved?

That's right! You heard me! [i]All the games I was in when I lived in San Diego were shit![/i]

Seriously, though, I love wuxia (it's rad), and like to pretend I run/ran a little on-again, off-again Wuxia HERO game myself. I'd be totally up for your game if I lived anywhere near you, which I don't.[/quote]

Your last hero story was hilarious. It was even funnier that it happened to you. I could see people actually *bragging* about that game.

"And then *my* character showed up and killed them all! And they all woke up in their HQ/Rec Hall"

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="cczernia"]I think Woody Allen was referencing Groucho Marx. Not sure if Groucho was referencing anyone.[/quote] yeah, i know:

"The other important joke for me is one that's usually attributed to Groucho Marx but I think it appears originally in Freud's Wit and Its Relation to the Unconscious - and it goes like this. I'm paraphrasing. I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member."

but i had heard it first in annie hall, and even though allen attributes marx, for me anyway, the verifiable source is still annie hall. [/threadjack]