Speaking of things in the Queue...

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

and what does "penis" mean? some crude street slang for "lightsaber"?
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]and what does "penis" mean? some crude street slang for "lightsaber"?[/quote]

My penis makes that really cool "voosh-voosh" sound.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Actually, what I was trying to say was my monkey.

SO! Who wants to play some starwars with my monkey!!!
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

You have yet to become a master of the force, padewan.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"]You have yet to become a master of the force, padewan.[/quote]

I have to master my monkey.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BreakfastOfChampions

Now the circle is complete, now, the monkey is the master.
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"]Now the circle is complete, now, the monkey is the master.[/quote]
Yah right, the master-bator maybe.

BreakfastOfChampions

Definitely adds new meaning to 'Force Grip'
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Jake"]Yah right, the master-bator maybe.[/quote]

Champion Fisherman

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BreakfastOfChampions

Its not a lightsaber. Its a fishing pole.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

So which would be better Saturday the 16th, or Sunday the 17th?

Mordraine, can we use your place (and could you pm the address or directions? if you can play)?

If not, suggestions as to venue would be cool.

Back to weird tangent...
...does his pole light up?
BreakfastOfChampions

Weekends are horrid for me, especially with the summer picking up. Soon, there will be a dance venue for every day of the weekend, and I won't want to waste the daylight hours.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="mrlost"]Mordraine, can we use your place (and could you pm the address or directions? if you can play)?
[/quote]

Unfortunately, this weekend has turned out not so good. I'm working tomorrow, and Sunday I'm preparing for a business trip up to Tehachapi. I'll be up there all week. Urgh.

BTW, I tried PMing you yesterday, but you're not set up to accept PMs (unless you already fixed that).

Is there any way we can do this the week after? Maybe during the week sometime? I ask that cuz I know many people on the board who would be interested in playing UA have very busy weekends.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BreakfastOfChampions

I don't want to stomp on Lost's toes, so if he's got something to go, that would be great. It would take me 2 weeks to get something together, with hopefully characters ready in the next few days.

But, if Lost is ready, I'd love to play, provided it fell into a time slot I could do. UA is an awesome game to play! (having done it only about 3 times)
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Well, maybe the 22nd (that would be friday). My weekdays are pretty packed (semester at SDSU is nearly over, and lots of stuff is due). And yeah I set up the pm option right before I posted that message.

I figure if Breakfast can't make it, I'll run Fly to Heaven or Jail Break. Both adventures come with perfectly normal (and fun pregens that already fit into the story since each adventure is designed as a One-Shot).

If we have a lot of people show up, I'd run Jail Break because its got this cool hostage situation that works well with two groups of PCs. Whereas Fly to Heaven works best with a smaller group of people, and is just a damn good adventure to boot. They're my two favorites from the supplement.

If folks are familar with both adventures, and feel that that knowledge will spoil things, I'll run an adventure of my own for UA. I've been working on two lately, and one of those should be fairly completeable in one session.

EDIT:
Oh I guess I should ask if anyone has problems with pregens (some people do, some people don't I've noticed), the ones for Jailbreak and Fly to Heaven are really fun (and necessary for the plot) but...

Also I would love to get to play Unknown Armies one of these days.
BreakfastOfChampions

Jail break is a sweet adventure.

I thought Fly to Heaven was... well tricky. But its a great adventure too.

My personal favorite, I'm not sure why, is the one that came with the book "Bill in 3 parts"
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Yeah, Bill in Three Persons is a good adventure to start a campaign with. I've run it three times now. I've played the adventure once too. There was a thread about running it on the mailing list awhile back that was really helpful. The last time I ran it, a couple odd questions came up that I was glad I had the mailing lists help with.

Such as whether a dog food bag would stop a bullet (the answer of course is no...)

"Its that damn Bill Toges again..." My old group dreads those words.
BreakfastOfChampions

I've run it a couple times, and its always been a good time. Unless a bodybag in involved with the dogfood, I'd say your ruling was spot on. Bi3P has that nice surreal touch, but I think Jailbreak brings the weirdness home.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

My near future is currently being rapidly filled up by class projects. As my semester ends in about 3 weeks. Therefore, I withdraw until I have a few free days.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Bill in 3 Persons has that hallucinogenic feeling that I -really- love about UA. It could almost be a "Being John Malkovich" type movie. Only with insanity, guns, and intense violence.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
BreakfastOfChampions

[quote="mrlost"]My near future is currently being rapidly filled up by class projects. As my semester ends in about 3 weeks. Therefore, I withdraw until I have a few free days.[/quote]

Crap, does that mean you can't even play?

mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

I know I can't play this week, maybe I could run something next week but I'm hoping to wait until finals week to start gaming again.

Especially because most of my classes will have papers to write and not tests to take, which is part of my things got hectic most of my classes have decided we had too much on the sylabus and now things have been moved up, back, or removed. Which is great for my costuming class because two projects I've been worrying about have been dropped entirely, and in another class it looks like something similar is going to happen because of a conference the instructor didn't realized was coming up.

As it is I gave a presentation yesterday, I have another tommorrow oops I mean today, and two papers due next tuesday that I haven't even started yet. Looks like another all-nighter.