Speaking of things in the Queue...

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.
BreakfastOfChampions

Speaking of things in the Queue...

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

I was thinking of either Unknown Armies, Delta Green, or Over the Edge. Anyone interested?
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

yes
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

mosdef
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Absolutely.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

If you run Unknown Armies, my life will be complete.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Yes.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BreakfastOfChampions

*sigh*

Well, that sure narrows it down ;)

Lemme see what I can do. All of these sound sweet to me too! I'll have to see what kind of wierdness I can generate from my time in New Orleans, and then work out a schedule.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

If it ends up being UA, theres always the Juice Bar stuff they talk about/never really flesh out... Very New Orleans, in my opinion

Of course, trying out the OTE system would be awesome...

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"]
Well, that sure narrows it down ]

Heh. If you wanted us to make a choice you should have made it a poll because everything can be solved with polls :P
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]Heh. If you wanted us to make a choice you should have made it a poll because everything can be solved with polls :P[/quote]

Yeah, you never asked what we preferred. Although, for me, any would be good. They all sound similarly themed to me. 'Course I don't know them all that well. So I really can't make an informed opinion. So any of them would be good.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

My vote would be for Unknown Armies.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mrlost"]My vote would be for Unknown Armies.[/quote]

So would mine, actually.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Obviously Unknown Armies seems to be popular....so then Delta Green for me! Actually UA sounds groovy too
BreakfastOfChampions

Both are extremely groovy. You really have to be in a surreal mindset to play/run OTE, though.

Unknown Armies is a good choice. Now I just have to relearn the system :)
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

the system is really simple: everything is percentiles, matched rolls are special (i.e. 11, 22, 33, 44, 55 etc) in that its a dramatic result, even matched failures add +1% to your skill. Criticals are 01 (crit success), 00 (crit failure or fumble).

You have a number of HP or wound points equal to your body (but you never know how many you have, the GM does and he tells you how injured you are). You can make up new skills at character creation (but you need to get them approved). And degree of success is measured by how high you roll, as long as its under your skill (major checks) or as long as its under your governing statistic (significant check), or if you have at least 15% in the skill (minor check). You determine what kind of check it is based on fuzzy logic.

Oh and it has really elegant sanity rules, but I need to get to class...
BreakfastOfChampions

You're quite right, my misplaced compadre into the armies of the unknown. Although the 'the gm never tells you' I believe is suggestion only, and you'll find from the high quality of rpers who have elected to undertake this most mind bending of experience Are pussiant enough in their rp skills that I will not have to resort to such means.

Well, unless they want to.

The madness meters are indeed quite yummy.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

UA has the most sublime system I've ever run across. The setting is beautifully twisted too.

"It's all your fault."

One of my favorite little snippets from the corebook is about a little town in new england (I think, maybe the midwest), where the local dukes influence the locals/anyone passing through town into reenacting Shakespeares plays. Yeah, it'd suck to be Romeo or Juliet, but it'd be even worse to end up Gloster...

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="smartmonkey"]UA has the most sublime system I've ever run across. The setting is beautifully twisted too.

"It's all [i]your[/i] fault."

One of my favorite little snippets from the corebook is about a little town in new england (I think, maybe the midwest), where the local dukes influence the locals/anyone passing through town into reenacting Shakespeares plays. Yeah, it'd suck to be Romeo or Juliet, but it'd be even worse to end up Gloster...[/quote]

Gloucester. I thought you spent your off hours drinking in a theater!

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
BreakfastOfChampions

[quote="devlin1"]Gloucester. I thought you spent your off hours drinking in a theater![/quote]

Talking and spelling...two different things.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

So I dropped a U there. Not the first time. I blame the beer.

BreakfastOfChampions

Wish I had that excuse. I just spell poorly.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="smartmonkey"]So I dropped a U there. Not the first time. I blame the beer.[/quote]

Your spelling: Gloster

The real spelling: Gloucester

More than a "U" my intelligent primate friend.

But we all luv ya anyway, ya big lug!

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Again, it's the beers fault. That, and I haven't read that show in ages.

Of course, ending up, say, Eros in Antony and Cleopatra would suck too...

mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

So any ideas about when this UA oneshot would occur?
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="mrlost"]So any ideas about when this UA oneshot would occur?[/quote]

Yeah! Seconded!

(although BoC is currently (I think) in New Orleans right now? So we probably won't get an answer right away...)

BTW, mrlost, what's to prevent YOU from running a one-shot? ;)

mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Well, I have school this week, but I'd be free this weekend (I think). What days are people available, and can anyone suggest a venue (i.e. place to meet?) I think my roomate's girlfriend is coming down this weekend and I don't want to disturb them (besides its a small apartment).

Other than that consideration, I'd be happy to run something for almost total strangers whom I've never before met but like Unknown Armies (at least I don't think I know any of you).

EDIT: I'd probably just run one of the One Shots from One Shots. Probably either Jailbreak, or Fly to Heaven because they're really cool, and I've run Jailbreak before and Fly to Heaven is also really awesome.

Questions, Comments, Concerns?

Oh and I really would like to UA sometime.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="mrlost"]Well, I have school this week, but I'd be free this weekend (I think). What days are people available, and can anyone suggest a venue (i.e. place to meet?) I think my roomate's girlfriend is coming down this weekend and I don't want to disturb them (besides its a small apartment).

Other than that consideration, I'd be happy to run something for almost total strangers whom I've never before met but like Unknown Armies (at least I don't think I know any of you).

EDIT: I'd probably just run one of the One Shots from One Shots. Probably either Jailbreak, or Fly to Heaven because they're really cool, and I've run Jailbreak before and Fly to Heaven is also really awesome.

Questions, Comments, Concerns?

Oh and I really would like to UA sometime.[/quote]

Well, rats! I didn't read this msg 'til today, when the weekend is already done. Unless you're talking about this up coming weekend (16th-17th)?

If that's what you mean, then I'll have to check to see if I'm free this weekend, and I'll let you know. We could even hold the session at my place. It's plenty spacious.

I'll let you know.

mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Yeah I was refering to this coming weekend. Let me know.
BreakfastOfChampions

Yes, I'm back from New Orleans.

On a side note: I'd like to point out the following research I did pertaining to the now deceased Orpheus Game:

Winter: I could not find a rubber chicken *anywhere* Believe me, I tried. No rubber chickens to be found.

Plasic penises are in great quantity, so we'd just have to do a conceptual switch. I did however, find some great cigars, which you'll have to try when we play.

Unca Mord, could you please let me know what the current one shot schedule is? I'll just put myself in the queue.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"]Unca Mord, could you please let me know what the current one shot schedule is? I'll just put myself in the queue.[/quote]

Argh... When did I become the keeper of the one-shot schedule!? ;)

Really, whenever you want, as long as it doesn't conflict with my other gaming group (which is playing this Thursday), cuz I'd really like to check out Unknown Armies.

mrlost was hoping to play Unknown Armies sooner rather than later, so I suggested he run a one-shot rather than just wait around. You know, be more proactive and all that. But I'm sure he'd be willing to play in yours too. I was just trying to accomodate.

BreakfastOfChampions

Its all good. If MrLost is still up to running Unknown Armies, then I'd just run something else, like Delta Green or Over the Edge.

Hmm I wonder if the yahoo group calendar feature would help for scheduling one-shots?
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"]Its all good. If MrLost is still up to running Unknown Armies, then I'd just run something else, like Delta Green or Over the Edge.

Hmm I wonder if the yahoo group calendar feature would help for scheduling one-shots?[/quote]

I think vbulletin has a calender option, too. I know Winter puts the vampire games on it.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BreakfastOfChampions

[quote="cczernia"]I think vbulletin has a calender option, too. I know Winter puts the vampire games on it.[/quote]

That's cool. Can you make separate calendars, Winter?

BreakfastOfChampions

whoops

I just realized I have One Shots, and I've read it religiously. I wouldn't be able to play without having some rather intense prior knowledge.

There's some great adventrues in One Shots, though.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Hey, Breakfast what UA books don't you have (or haven't read religiously?). I don't want to try to come up with a game of UA off the cuff if I don't have to, but I will if you'd like to play. Besides which I look forward to playing in your UA one-shot (I haven't actually read over One Shots in nearly a year, so other than remembering a couple of cool set-ups, and that really awesome game of Jailbreak I ran last year, my mind is empty)

Do you guys have a favorite cabal (TNI, the Sleepers, Mak Attax, tSotNG, SCT?). I prefer Mak Attax actually, their easy and fun to run. Plus I just got Break Today and To Go...

I'm usually ready to run something. And UA is damn cool.

Keep me appraised. EDIT: And BTW I've got everything except Post Modern Magic for UA, I even have the d20 adventure. If worst comes to worst I'm not adverse to coming up with something on the fly.
BreakfastOfChampions

Thanks for letting me know. I don't have the Max Attax book, but I *think* I have everything else. I have the Postmodern Magic Book around somewhere if you wanted to take a looksee.

I have trouble coming up with stuff on the fly. I remember one of the stories in the one shots actually dealt with a highjacking and thinking that was strangely prophetic, because it ramifications had to do with terrorism becoming more part of our reality and a terrorist joining of the... argh, my terminology escapes me but one of the archetypes.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"]That's cool. Can you make separate calendars, Winter?[/quote]

Sure, PM me with what you need.

BreakfastOfChampions

[quote="Wintermute"]Sure, PM me with what you need.[/quote]

I need a calendar?

Eorin Silverleaf
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Eorin Silverleaf »

Don't we all. I was curious if anyone had the stuff to do star wars. I have always wanted to try it out but I have way to much money in dnd to get into anything else. lol
Happy Hunting
Eorin
President Skroob: Sandurz, Sandurz, you have got to help me, I don't know what to do I can't make decisions! I am a president
BreakfastOfChampions

[quote="Eorin Silverleaf"]Don't we all. I was curious if anyone had the stuff to do star wars. I have always wanted to try it out but I have way to much money in dnd to get into anything else. lol[/quote]

I've got Star Wars, and I've run it a couple of times. If you ask nice, CCZ might even bring his pvc lightsaber.

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"]I need a calendar?[/quote]

Click on the one between 'members list' and 'new posts'?

BreakfastOfChampions

So ugly, yet so useful. Its the Vespa of calendars. mea culpa
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"]CCZ might even bring his pvc lightsaber.[/quote]

And if you are nice to me I might even let you touch it :o

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BreakfastOfChampions

He lets you touch it more if you're mean to him.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="cczernia"]And if you are nice to me I might even let you touch it :o[/quote]
Actually, he's not talking about the lightsaber.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

He means his cock.
Mike Olson
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

[quote="devlin1"]He means his cock.[/quote]
And by cock he doesn't mean rooster.

Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

He means penis.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Jake"]He means penis.[/quote]
I think I know what you're trying to say.

Mike Olson
BreakfastOfChampions

Something along the lines of "you rooster!"