Characters Miniatures aka free character points

A cyberpunk epic run by Wintermute
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I like minis, I think they do add something to the game. Now, there's nothing wrong with substituting an elf maiden mini or even a bottlecap for your street samurai, but let's face it... it's cooler if the mini resembles your character.

So, if you bring a mini to the game that resembles your character, you'll get 2 character points. I understand it can be hard to find the perfect mini (especially a non-fantasy mini), but I'd like you to try your best. There are quite a few lines of modern and futuristic minis, so I have faith (matter of fact, I may have minis for a couple of you by the time we run the first game session).

Secondly, if you paint the mini to resemble your character, you'll get 3 additional character points. This has to be more than a simple spray of krylon, but I'm not going to be grading on painting ability. Lord knows I'd get a C at best.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Digital_Boy
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Digital_Boy »

Do they have to be the 1" pewter minis? Or would something like the ones Steve has with the rotatable bases acceptable?
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I'd prefer 25mm or so pewter minis. That said, if you find a hero clix mini that fits your character exactly, it'll work, tho we may have to modify the base to work with the hex grid.
Digital_Boy
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Digital_Boy »

RGRAHRAHARAHRHAHRHARHAHRRHHARHARHAHR

FUCKING DOORDICE!!!! Who the bloody hell closes at 5PM on a fucking Friday?!?!!??!!? I wasted a trip out to bumfucked La Mesa, getting turned around several times trying to follow MapQuest's directions, only to find that they had locked up half an hour before I got off work!

But, they might have what I'm looking for.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Did you swing by Game Empire on your way back, at least?
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote]FUCKING DOORDICE!!!! Who the bloody hell closes at 5PM on a fucking Friday?!?!!??!!? I wasted a trip out to bumfucked La Mesa, getting turned around several times trying to follow MapQuest's directions, only to find that they had locked up half an hour before I got off work!
[/quote]

Yeah. Their hours suck ass. They make up for it by knocking 15% off the pricetag or -everything-, and some really kick ass phone order policies. Seriously, you can order something from them, and they'll have it for you within 24 hours, with no markup.

Meh, I'll just stop cheerleading now.

Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Digital_Boy
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Digital_Boy »

Yeah, Game Empire was my second stop after that, since I knew they'd be open. They had some Warhammer packs of ground troops that were close, but had some of the gas mask/face covering thing going on, and the packs were a bit over the top for a CP game.

I've got Tuesday off, so I'll swing back by DoOrDice and browse around then, since traffic on a midweekday shouldn't be too bad.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Went ahead and ordered some minis... here are pictures of what I've got so far. Will have another few minis coming in this week as well.

Tactical Miniatures Agents:

Shadowrun Deckers:

Shadowrun Street Samurai:

Shadowrun Yakuza:

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Just a note, Terry has claimed the second mini in the Yakuza set for Reiji's fig.
Digital_Boy
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Digital_Boy »

I may have to rethink my initial choice. Only 2 of the pix showed @ w0rk. The 2nd Yak looks good tho. But the street sam with the long rifles have potential.

Think a pack of Ral Partha corporate security would be worthwhile?
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Just LMK which one you decide on.

I didn't like the Ral Partha security figs... Tactical Mini's SWAT figures are a lot better, imho.