Weird War II

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Hey all.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing a Weird Wars one-shot. I got a pre-made adventure that I like, and it even comes with 6 pre-generated characters. I'd be willing to make two more, so that we can have up to 8 players, if there's that much interest.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Sounds fun to me, I've even got the book. =)
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Count me in too!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Sounds cool. I'm up for it.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Hey all.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing a Weird Wars one-shot. I got a pre-made adventure that I like, and it even comes with 6 pre-generated characters. I'd be willing to make two more, so that we can have up to 8 players, if there's that much interest.

Chris[/quote]

When do you plan on running?

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="cczernia"]When do you plan on running?[/quote]

I could be ready as early as this Thursday.

Chris

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"][quote:7d6a209624="cczernia"]When do you plan on running?[/quote]

Chris[/quote:7d6a209624]

This Thursday is no good. "Chris and Mike Show" is on at the time.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Next week, then?

I'm pretty flexable on this, as long as it's on a Thursday. :)

Chris
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

[quote="cczernia"][quote:fda3ae25d9="BlanchPrez"][quote:fda3ae25d9="cczernia"]When do you plan on running?[/quote]

Chris[/quote:fda3ae25d9]

This Thursday is no good. "Chris and Mike Show" is on at the time.[/quote:fda3ae25d9]

Chris and Mike with light sabers!

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Rassin frassin school! Eating up all my frickin play-time! GUH! :evil:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Next week, then?

I'm pretty flexable on this, as long as it's on a Thursday. :)

Chris[/quote]

Sounds good. Ok, now what is Wierd War II?

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

War rips Europe asunder, drowning its verdant forests and plains in Allied and Axis blood. Cities burn. Men die by the thousands. And a mad Austrian searches the globe for ancient occult artifacts to tighten his iron grip on the world! But where there is violence and horror, there are monsters. Hideous things that stalk the forests of the Ardennes, lay in wait on the steppes of Russian, or prowl the ruined streets of Stalingrad. Into their slavering maws walk heroes, men and women who survive not only the horror of war, but the terror of the things that prey in its blood-stained shadows.

The Weird War Two Roleplaying Game tells the tales of these grim heroes. Some want to save the world, others just want to survive the night.

Brought to you by the same people that made Deadlands. This is a D20 game, BTW.

Chris
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]
The Weird War Two Roleplaying Game tells the tales of these grim heroes. Some want to save the world, others just want to survive the night.

Brought to you by the same people that made Deadlands. This is a D20 game, BTW.

Chris[/quote]

Sounds cool. Picked up "Hell on Earth d20" and it looked like a quality d20 product and I have faith in Pinnacle. If I remember correctly wasn't this one of the first d20 games released after 3.0 (this and Stormbringer d20). Kinda got lost inbetween all other WWII rpgs released at the time: Godlike, Gear Krieg RPG, GURPS WWII.

Well, what are the PCs :)

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I'll have the PC's posted up tomorrow afternoon. :)

Chris
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Oh my God! Occult and Nazis? I want in on this game!
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, here they are, the characters!

The date is July 25th, 1944. Only a few weeks after the landing in Normandy. The characters are in France, part of an offensive happening in the St. Lo region. All characters are 3rd level, though they are all single class.

The American’s: These men are all part of the 116th Regiment, 29th Division, known as the Stonewall Brigade. Though not all from the same units, they have been pushed together temporarily until the can be reassigned to their proper units.

2nd Lt. Joseph Holiday: The son of a wealthy senator from Maryland, Joseph Holiday lived a life of luxury. However, he never agreed with his father’s politics, and argued that America should get involved in the war in Europe. When it came time for Joseph to go to college, he entered West Point, much against his father’s wishes. While there, he learned that he wasn’t as smart as he thought, but he did learn a lot about leadership. After graduation, he was placed in command of platoon in the 116th, just in time for D-Day. Though he desperately wanted to prove to everyone that he could be the military leader and hero he knew he could be, he found that he was terrified beyond all comprehension. During the landing, Joseph was wounded, and left for dead by most of his platoon. Thankfully, Private Adam Cohen, a medic, noticed him fall, and he saved and watched over the Lt. until the worst of the battle was over. Now, a few weeks later, hopelessly separated from his platoon, he has been put in charge of a rag tag group of other soldiers lost from their companies. He is hopeful, however, that his superiors will give him a second opportunity to prove his leadership abilities.

Private Adam Cohen: those that knew him always considered Adam something of a deadbeat. He always said that it wasn’t that he didn’t want to do anything; he just hadn’t found what he did want to do. When the draft came to his town in Maryland, Adam Cohen did what he saw as his patriotic duty, but signed up to be a conscientious objector. He was then assigned to the medical corp., where he became a medic. He found that he liked this job, and thought that after the war was over, he would dedicate himself to doing this for the rest of his life in the civilian world. During the battle on the beaches of Normandy, Adam found that during the confusion and chaos, many men would either not see his red cross, or would blatantly ignore it, and learned that being a medic does not mean invulnerability. This, combined with the sheer terror of watching men he had trained with in basic be shredded to pieces around him, froze him on the beaches. That is, until he heard the cries of Lt. Holiday. His training took over, and he managed to get the wounded officer out of the range of fire and take care of him until the worst of it was over. He now works with the Lt. and his rag tag group of misplaced soldiers.

Private Matt “Eagle-Eye” Hawkins: Matt Hawkins was trained to hut from an early age by his father. Weather it was birds or foxes, Matt had an aptitude for finding his prey and taking it down from a long range. A quiet man, he was mostly an outcast with the rest of the town boys, but didn’t mind, as he preferred being in the forest. When he first met Conrad Jenkins, the small boy was being beat up by three larger boys. Taking up his trusty sling, Matt quickly hit all three boys square on the head with rocks, driving them away. Conrad and Matt have been fast friends ever sense. Matt even showed Conrad his private hunting tree, where he would sometimes sit for days waiting for his chosen prey. When he was drafted into the army, he was not as excited as Conrad was. This would take him away from his precious forests. In basic training, however, his sharp eye and natural stealth marked him for sniper training, and Matt and Conrad were separated for the first time in years. As a sniper, Matt found that things were much like when he hunted in the forest back him. Except that now his prey was man, instead of animals. When he landed on the beaches of Normandy, he found that his skills were not of much use initially, but he was able to put his skills to use in taking down some of the German gunners attacking his unit. After the chaos of the beaches, he has been assigned to Lt. Holiday’s rag-tag unit, and finds himself united with Conrad once again.

Private Horace Arthur “Ox” Grimm: Horace Grimm was always a big man, spending all day working with his father and two brothers on the family farm in Virginia. Though never considered stupid, education never held much appeal for him. He figured that he would remain on his families’ farm forever, eventually marrying his girlfriend, Suzan Dixon, and raising kids. He also never gave much thought to the events happening in Europe. That was someone else’s problem as far as he could tell. That was until December 7th, 1942. After Pearl Harbor, Horace knew that he would have to join the army, and did so as soon as he was old enough, two years later. During basic training, his drill sergeant nicknamed him Ox for his great size and the fact the he was always stuck lugging the machine gun around, and the name stuck. He finished training just in time for the offensive in Normandy. Like many in the 116th, Horace was amongst the first to land on the beaches. With his machine gun blazing, Horace was lucky enough to survive those first few days, but in the ensuing chaos, was separated from the rest of his unit.

Private Conrad Jenkins: The last born of 7 siblings (2 sisters and 5 brothers), Conrad was always considered the runt of the litter. Despite his scrawny frame and small size (he never did get bigger than 5’4”), Conrad proved to be agile, and when he wasn’t doing his chores, he could be found in a tree somewhere. Virginia born, both his brothers and other local boys always picked on Conrad, until the day he met Matt Hawkins. Matt and Conrad became quick friends, Matt saving Conrad from a beating on more than one occasion. When the draft came to their hometown, Conrad looked forward to joining the army. Maybe there he could finally be away from bullies. For the most part, this was the case. Life in the army agreed with Conrad. Then, he was put in combat for the first time. The beaches of Normandy was like no form of hell he had ever hard of, but despite his fear, he fought through it and managed to be one of the few from Company A to survive, with only a shot taken in the leg.

The Europeans: Everyone that’s not part of the American military. They consist of a French Resistance Fighter and two British soldiers. These three have all been captured by the Germans, and are currently being held in a small French town.

Jean Le Pierre: Jean grew up in a small French town in the St. Lo region of France. At first, he was indifferent to the war, and even his government’s surrender to the Germans. That was until the Germans invaded his town, and took up residence in his Father’s Inn. After watching what they did to his father, their home and the Jews in town, Jean realized that he couldn’t just stand by any further. It didn’t take long before he found and joined the local resistance. Though most of his activities involved gathering information in his father’s inn, he longed to physically fight back against the Germans. When he learned of an American offensive in the St. Lo region, and of a German SS unit hiding in another nearby town, Jean went off to investigate, without telling the rest of his resistance cell. Though he did find the Germans in the town, they quickly captured him and threw him in a wine cellar of a local hotel with two British soldiers.

2nd Lt. Rodger McCloud: All his life, Rodger has dreamed of flying. He grew up on his uncle’s tales of the great flying aces of the War to End All Wars, and the Red Barron, and his uncles own exploits in a plain. As soon as he could, he started to learn to fly a plain. When the Hitler began his spread through Europe, his uncle told him that it looked like the War was about to start up again. As soon as he could, Rodger joined the army air corps., and was one of the many fighter pilots in the sky defending England during the Battle of Britton. During one fight, however, his plain was severely damaged, and he crash-landed back in England, putting him out of action for quite some time. When he recovered, his superiors assigned him to a bomber. After a few weeks training, he was ready to take his new crew across the channel for a daylight bombing run against Germany. Though the run went well enough, the trip home was more eventful than normal. His plain hit some unexpected flack, and took heavy damage, forcing him to crash land near the St. Lo region of France. Only he and his side gunner, Henry Smyth, survived the crash. It wasn’t long before some Germans found them and took them prisoner. They now find themselves trapped in a wine cellar in a hotel in some small French town.

Private Henry “Gunny” Smyth: Henry Smyth was the son of a British riveter, who worked on making all kinds of machines and materials for the army. During his youth, Henry saw everything from off-road vehicles to tanks to airplanes being made by his father. But from an early age, he knew that he wanted to fly. When the Germans started attacking Briton, he joined the army, hoping to get into a fighter. Unfortunately for Henry, his skills didn’t lend themselves to being a fighter pilot, but he did join the Air Corp. as a crewmember. He trained in the use of the big guns on the Bombers, and was assigned to a big plane under the command of 2nd Lt. Rodger McCloud. He was assigned to one of the two big side guns of the bomber, and he was ready to take on some German fighters. During their first mission, he learned just how difficult it was to take down the quick moving fighter planes, but he was also good at leading his prey, and defended the bomber several times from enemy craft. On the return trip, he was cleaning his weapon when enemy flack over France damaged the craft and Lt. McCloud was forced to land. He quickly strapped himself in, and during the crash his parachute opened, probably saving his life. Only he and Lt. McCloud survived, and Germans quickly captured them. Now, prisoners, Henry waits for Lt. McCloud’s plans for escape.
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Id be interested if you still have room.
Its never too early to be a bastard!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Sure, come on in, there's always people that cancel at the last minuite anyway. ;)

Chris
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Sure, come on in, there's always people that cancel at the last minuite anyway. ]

I like the french guy. Give me a chance to my bad french accent again :)
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I like the RAF pilot who, inexplicably, has an American accent.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Well, that's happened since the 13th century. Robin of Loxley, aka Robin Hood, had an "American" accent. Fantastic coincidence since "America" didn't even exist yet... :shock:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I'd like to play Joseph Holiday, if that's alright.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

"Gunny" sounds cool, only I'm closing on Thursday.

Fcuk.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I could go for either sniper or the medic.

When's this game happening again? I'm busy this coming Thursday... (visiting with my sister who's in from out of town).
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"]I could go for either sniper or the medic.

When's this game happening again? I'm busy this coming Thursday... (visiting with my sister who's in from out of town).[/quote]

I was thinking next Thursday, the 26th. That cool? I'm really hoping to be able to do this at your place.

Chris

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"]I like the RAF pilot who, inexplicably, has an American accent.[/quote]

You should play one of the Brits. So than, we can do accents together.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]I was thinking next Thursday, the 26th. That cool? I'm really hoping to be able to do this at your place.

Chris[/quote]

Yep, that's good with me. I was afraid it was THIS Thursday, not next. *whew*

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I'd like to play, but I need to think about the character - Mordraine, if you don't mind the sniper, I'd love to have the medic. (He looks the most like something I could manage. Playing boys is odd.)
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Yeah, sorry Nuro, all the Pre-gens in the game were men, and I couldn't justify having a female brit onboard a bomber...

Although, I suppose we could change the medic to a nurse and come up with some convluted story as to why she's on the front lines, going on a mission with these guys.

:?

Chris
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I'll manage - It's not like I don't NPC them. I suppose it's that I don't like playing them for very /long/ if that makes any sense. A night is okay.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I don't mind going with the sniper. The medic's all yours Neuro.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Thanks, Mordraine :)

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="cczernia"][quote:9049481d17="devlin1"]I like the RAF pilot who, inexplicably, has an American accent.[/quote]

You should play one of the Brits. So than, we can do accents together.[/quote:9049481d17]

He is one of the Brits. The Brits had the RAF, the US had the Army Air Corps (precursor to the Air Force). But my accents are terrible, so I'm steering clear of that. Can't wait to hear your French accent, though.

Actually, revise that: I can wait.

"I'm begging you!"

Mike Olson
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"][quote:020c116be6="cczernia"][quote:020c116be6="devlin1"]I like the RAF pilot who, inexplicably, has an American accent.[/quote]

You should play one of the Brits. So than, we can do accents together.[/quote:020c116be6]

He is one of the Brits. The Brits had the RAF, the US had the Army Air Corps (precursor to the Air Force). But my accents are terrible, so I'm steering clear of that. Can't wait to hear your French accent, though.

Actually, revise that: I can wait.

"I'm begging you!"[/quote:020c116be6]

On you knees.

There is only one way that it will happen and that is if you do the British accent. So, come Thursday night one of us will be speaking in a bad accent :twisted:

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Star Wars has pushed me out the que :(

[quote="Devlin1"]My education doesn't begin until next week, and Wednesday's occupied, so Thursday it is.[/quote]

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="cczernia"]Star Wars has pushed me out the que :([/quote]

Meaning you can't make it, or was that aimed at devlin1?

Chris

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"][quote:beb218c400="cczernia"]Star Wars has pushed me out the que :([/quote]

Meaning you can't make it, or was that aimed at devlin1?

Chris[/quote:beb218c400]

Neither of us can make it because we're both it the Star Wars game. Star Wars get moved to Wed next week.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, so that's two down.

Anyone else? ;)

Chris
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

When (day & time) and where are we playing?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Wintermute"]When (day & time) and where are we playing?[/quote]

This Thursday, and as far as I know of, Mord's house.

Chris

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BlanchPrez"][quote:b096f64883="Wintermute"]When (day & time) and where are we playing?[/quote]

This Thursday, and as far as I know of, Mord's house.

Chris[/quote:b096f64883]

Check and check.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Time, please.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Neuro"]Time, please.[/quote]

I was thinking around 6:30pm start time. Is that good, Andy? Seems to be about the time most people make it to Game Empire.

Chris

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BlanchPrez"][quote:db11e8739d="Neuro"]Time, please.[/quote]

I was thinking around 6:30pm start time. Is that good, Andy? Seems to be about the time most people make it to Game Empire.

Chris[/quote:db11e8739d]

You will want to allow a little extra time for people to get down to Chulajuana. Say, 6:45?

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"]You will want to allow a little extra time for people to get down to Chulajuana. Say, 6:45?[/quote]

Works for me.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Not too late for me to hop on board? I get out of class around 130ish tommorow, likely going to be hanging out and shooting the shit with other theatre types for a bit after that... but I'd love to give blowing occult nazis a go.

And yeah. I'm going to be incredibly sleep deprived.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="smartmonkey"]but I'd love to give blowing occult nazis a go.[/quote]

:shock:

Gaaaaayyy....

Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="Gotetsu"][quote:7a14e170ed="smartmonkey"]but I'd love to give blowing occult nazis a go.[/quote]

:shock:

Gaaaaayyy....[/quote:7a14e170ed]

Gotetsu I thought that everyone on the board learned to be accepting of an individual's preferences.

Daniel

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Sorry...I forgot to put the obligitory "Not that there's anything 'wrong' with that..." at the end of the post. :D
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

So BlanchPrez, any room for Smartmonkey? He's waiting with bated breath, ya know. I can hear him tapping his foot from where I am!