Schedule of the Schedule (I couldn't decide)

Playtest/campaign of a fantasy-themed conversion of Spirit of the Century, run by devlin1
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

There are so many possibilities! I'm all about the PDQ# right now. Or maybe Barbarians of Lemuria (we can do part 2 of the silliness we did at The Hyph). Or some sort of M20 variant. Or D&D4e. Or Star Frontiers! Or a FATE variant! Or, when's that freakin' Leverage coming out?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]There are so many possibilities! I'm all about the PDQ# right now. Or maybe Barbarians of Lemuria (we can do part 2 of the silliness we did at The Hyph). Or some sort of M20 variant. Or D&D4e. Or Star Frontiers! Or a FATE variant! Or, when's that freakin' Leverage coming out?[/quote]

That reminds me -- Tony mentioned today that he'd love to play Star Frontiers sometime, so whenever they draft you to start working up here again a few days a week, we should see if we can get some Star Frontiers going.

I like PDQ# a lot myself, although I haven't gotten a chance to play it, so I certainly have no objection to that. Or to anything else, really. Which is the problem.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]There are so many possibilities! I'm all about the PDQ# right now. Or maybe Barbarians of Lemuria (we can do part 2 of the silliness we did at The Hyph). Or some sort of M20 variant. Or D&D4e. Or Star Frontiers! Or a FATE variant! Or, when's that freakin' Leverage coming out?[/quote]

Leverage Quick Start is already out. Someone could run that.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]Leverage Quick Start is already out. Someone could run that.[/quote]

Quick-Start Schmick-Start!

The website says it's due out this month, but there's no specific date. Wonder if it's been delayed? Rassinfrassin.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Okay, so -- back to this thing.

With more time to prepare, I'd totally run PK's 4E Spelljammer + Aliens idea. But I have some Anglerre stuff to finish (hopefully) before Comic-Con starts in earnest, so I don't think I'd have a chance to give it the attention it deserves.

I also bought the 4E Tomb of Horrors, which I do want to run at some point, but again... time is an issue this week. And I want to play, anyway.

I'm down with BoL or SF or just about anything that doesn't require me, the player, to assume control of the narrative. I just doubt I'll be up to it after two days of Comic-Con.

EDIT: Or BoL-style S&S using PDQ#. That sounds pretty cool too.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

What's the Spelljammer + Aliens idea? It sounds cool so far.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Cthulhu"]What's the Spelljammer + Aliens idea? It sounds cool so far.[/quote]

You'd have to ask PK for more details -- it's his idea. I think the gist of it is githyanki "space marines" hunting down mind flayers.

The only fly in this ointment, IMO, if I'm understanding this correctly, is that the mind flayers are too "humanoid" and not bestial enough. I mean, you can have a conversation with them. Try that with a xenomorph. However, giving them an encounter power (no action, trigger: when first bloodied in an encounter, close burst 1, 1dX + Y acid damage and 5 ongoing acid damage, save ends) and just making 'em more animal-like would sort that out, I guess, if they're meant to stand in for xenomorphs.

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Here, how about this?

Mike Olson