Fresh New Forum!

Playtest/campaign of a fantasy-themed conversion of Spirit of the Century, run by devlin1
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Fresh New Forum!

Post by devlin1 »

Wow, there's so much room in here!

Anyway, here are a couple useful links in a convenient location:

Spirit of the Sword Playtest/Campaign

Spirit of the Century SRD
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

smells like new carpet and paint in here.

i took a look at your sots document and it looks good. i will be thinking about a character concept. hmm. satyrs, ay...
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

You went with 'Ocean Mist' for the walls? Don't you know that in this market you need something more neutral if you expect to flip this thing quickly? Oh, you plan on staying.. that's fine then.

I'll just move some of my things in too then. You know, to make it feel more homey.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I have insufficient privileges to see the Spirit of the Sword site. What do I gotta do?
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Cthulhu"]I have insufficient privileges to see the Spirit of the Sword site. What do I gotta do?[/quote]
PM me with your email address, s'il tu plait.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Oh, and just to keep everyone up-to-date: Nat's still in Idaho taking care of his parents, but he expects to be back in SD next month, and he's eager to nap through -- er, get back into our little game. He asked me what the premise of the next game was, and I said, "I have no idea."
Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I guess I'll put this here:

Some pretty significant updates to the site today regarding equipment and Boons. Chris wasn't crazy about the weapons rules, even though I was pretty nuts about them, and after thinking about it I realized he was right. It's funny -- I've gone from "Weapons simply must be differentiated in a fantasy game!" to "Meh, they only have to be differentiated if that's important to you." And really, in practical terms, if you really have to have a big kick-ass sword, it'll be important enough to you to spend a Boon on it. There's no reason why, if you're playing a non-fightery type, you should have to detail a weapon at all if it isn't especially central to your character.

I'm also working on the entry for Vredevka, so... there's that, too. I know at least one of you is interested in playing a troll.
Mike Olson