Scheduled Skies

A 1st ed AD&D Greyhawk Campaign run by dnd3eplayer
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Scheduled Skies

Post by devlin1 »

So! Just to confirm: this Saturday at Mord's.

Mord, what time should/can we show up?
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

hey guys, i'm an idiot. something came up and i completely forgot that it conflicts with saturday's game. i will be in orange county acting as a trophy husband at my wife's high school reunion. sorry for the screw up. have fun without me.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'm still up for something on Saturday, even one shots or whatever.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Cthulhu"]I'm still up for something on Saturday, even one shots or whatever.[/quote]
Hrm. Yeah. Because if Sam can't make it, then it's just the three of us, right? I mean, I'm sure I could go get Nat and we could all watch him sleep, but....

Me, I'm cool with starting SS with just a couple PCs, or with whipping up some 4E dudes and checking that out, or go see Mongol, or whatever.

That all sounds good, but it'd be gooder if Sam could be there and we can start in earnest.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

For the time... howzabout we get together 'round 3pm-ish? Too early?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]For the time... howzabout we get together 'round 3pm-ish? Too early?[/quote]
Not at all. I'll probably come down earlier in the day and... I dunno... poke around GE or something.

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Heya, fellas. How's July looking for people? Right now, I think I'm good for just about any weekend after this one.
Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Just to throw a date out there, how 'bout the 19th?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Just to throw a date out there, how 'bout the 19th?[/quote]
Sure. That's the same night as the DCI Southwest Regional in San Antonio, but sure.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

They're probably televising that on ESPN8 ("The Ocho").
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]They're probably televising that on ESPN8 ("The Ocho").[/quote]
Fuckin' I wish! They show Finals in September on ESPN2; I'll have to watch these regionals on the online.

Mike Olson
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'm good for the 19th
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Fun DrunkSam says "I'm in"

Surly DrunkSam says "screw everything"

put me down as a semi-solid maybe
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey, actually --

Are any of us going to the Saturday of Comic-Con? The thing's sold out, and I don't have any reliable hope of getting to go, although I do still plan to go to Awesome Con during the day and to Comic-Con on Sunday. It occurs to me that that might leave Saturday night free, which would be awfully convenient instead of driving down there two weekends in a row (which I already did last month, and... that's enough of that sort of thing, I think).

So how about the 26th instead? Objections?
Mike Olson
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I dunno, thats Maldavian Independence Day. In the interest of getting this thing going, I'll be free.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

sounds good to me.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Whatever, I'll try and make it.

I should be playing t his evening... but I gots cancelled on. Tuesday will be empty.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I cannot do the 26th. I will most likely be up in Irvine actually. Harumph.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I cannot do the 26th. I will most likely be up in Irvine actually. Harumph.[/quote]
Bloody shitcakes. Fine, back to the 19th, then. It's our only chance to play this month.

And why are you going to be in Irvine on a weekend?

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="devlin1"]Bloody shitcakes. Fine, back to the 19th, then. It's our only chance to play this month.

And why are you going to be in Irvine on a weekend?[/quote]

Yeah, nobody should be in Irvine on the weekend.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

It's part of the go-live for the project I'm working on. It's actually three weekends in a row, starting that weekend. I am taking vacation in the middle weekend, but will be working the weekend of 26th and the weekend of 9th.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Yeah, nobody should be in Irvine on the weekend.[/quote]

*double take*

...Hey!

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I cannot do the 26th. I will most likely be up in Irvine actually. Harumph.[/quote]
Update: Mord has since said that this might not be the case. If it isn't, and it's all the same to the rest of youse, I'd really prefer to play on the 26th.

And also, does anyone have any interest in continuing that 4E lark? Because I do, and if you're all down with it, I think it'd be fun to run a casual little "after-hours" 4E campaignette.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I still need to double check and make sure that I won't have to work on that weekend. Will find out soon.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I still need to double check and make sure that I won't have to work on that weekend. Will find out soon.[/quote]
Turns out Mord isn't working on the 26th -- sorry to spoil your news, Mord, I just couldn't hold back -- so is everyone cool to play that night?

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I think that probably works for me.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

shore.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

yep
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

The question is - if all y'all are going to the Con on Saturday, what time are we going to start? And how much energy will all y'all have when you roll on in?

I'm against starting late - i.e. anything past 8:30pm. Also, I might possibly score a pass to the Con from a friend of mine, in which case, I'll probably be there late anyway.

I'm starting to wonder why it was a good idea to schedule a game on the same weekend as the Con?!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'm not going to le con.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I'm starting to wonder why it was a good idea to schedule a game on the same weekend as the Con?![/quote]
Well, when first I made my inquiry, I didn't think I'd be going Saturday, but I thought I'd be going Sunday -- and, at the time, no one else was going, either. So it was perfectly safe. And I figured that even if I did end up going Saturday, I'd just leave around 4-ish and go game. I can go one year without seeing the freakshow -- er, the Masquerade, I mean.

But if you're going to go, too, then that changes things. I'm about to see you in 20 minutes or so anyway, so we'll just talk about it when I get there, I guess.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]?[/quote]
I'm assuming this was to have been preceded by the words "Is this on," in which case, yes, it is. It's on like Michelle Kwan.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="devlin1"]I'm assuming this was to have been preceded by the words "Is this on," in which case, yes, it is. It's on like Michelle Kwan.[/quote]

time? I gotta move large-ish things that morning..

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]time? I gotta move large-ish things that morning..[/quote]
Well, the final determination on that one is up to Andy, but I'm thinking I could be there about 5 or 6, if I'm going to Comic-Con that day, or a little earlier if I'm not (I'd still go to Awesome Con and the Carl Lookalike Contest in the Gaslamp).

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

hey, is it cool with everyone if i bring a friend in from out of town? he's super-cool and practically introduced me to rpg's and ccg's. lemme know.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]hey, is it cool with everyone if i bring a friend in from out of town? he's super-cool and practically introduced me to rpg's and ccg's. lemme know.[/quote]
FUCK THAT SHIT.

Although hey, can I bring Nat? He'll just sleep the whole time and not bother anyone, I swear.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]hey, is it cool with everyone if i bring a friend in from out of town? he's super-cool and practically introduced me to rpg's and ccg's. lemme know.[/quote]

I don't mind or whatever.

[quote="devlin1"]FUCK THAT SHIT.

Although hey, can I bring Nat? He'll just sleep the whole time and not bother anyone, I swear.[/quote]

If only we could believe that.

Oh wait, we can.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]I don't mind or whatever.[/quote]
Seriously though, yes, I'm obviously completely cool with that.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm ok with it as well.

Oh, and I'm not sure on the time. Keep your eyes peeled for updates on this forum.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Update - time to start: 6pm
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Well that's good to know for those of us who are drunk off 3/4 of a bottle of vodka and need to know the time. or something.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Update - time to start: 6pm[/quote]
Gotcha.

Awesome Con start time: Noon

Carl Brutananadilewski Lookalike Contest: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Ray Bradbury panel: 3:30 pm

(BTW, today: Spaced panel, Spaced screening, Venture Brothers panel, Robot Chicken panel, and a lot of waiting around.)

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey hey, fellas. How's this Saturday for people?

Remember, Gateway is in three weeks, which means we really only have two Saturdays available this month to game -- the 16th or the 23rd. Personally, I'd rather not schedule two gaming weekends back to back, so if we could do the 16th, that'd be the bee's knees.
Mike Olson
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'm free.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

so long as it's not in the morning. i'm going to a fishing party with friends that are moving across the pond to nottingham. actually, you guys know one of them. it's klo doon, from the star wars game. so yeah, if it's in the late afternoon, i'm good.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]so long as it's not in the morning. i'm going to a fishing party with friends that are moving across the pond to nottingham. actually, you guys know one of them. it's klo doon, from the star wars game. so yeah, if it's in the late afternoon, i'm good.[/quote]
I would not, could not do a morning game, anyway, so as far as I'm concerned, it'll be in the afternoon.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

calling all cars. hey dudes, are we doing this? if so, i'd like to give dale the head's up, since he had such a blast last time.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Sam done moving. Sam very tired. Sam no have computer setup at home yet.

Sam have the following things people want him to do on Saturday:

Morning: Sam want Sam sleep.
Afternoon: Todd want Sam attend housewarming BBQ at Sam's place
Evening: Don want Sam attend Bleeding Irish show at Patrick's
Some unknown time that day: Aaron want Sam go to alternate In Nomine thing or something.
Also some other thing I can't remember but i think i wrote it down.

That being said, I'm happy to ditch pretty much all of that crap and get some gaming in instead. So, I'm in.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]calling all cars. hey dudes, are we doing this? if so, i'd like to give dale the head's up, since he had such a blast last time.[/quote]
Yeah, I was going to suggest that myself, actually. Get that Dale guy down/out here/there again.

So I guess if everyone else is down, the only unknown quantity is Mord.

Mike Olson