Scheduled Skies

A 1st ed AD&D Greyhawk Campaign run by dnd3eplayer
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

This just in: Andy can't make it on Saturday, so I guess it's off.

What about the following weekend? Or something?

I suppose, if we're all going to be there, Saturday night at Gateway is a possibility, although it does exclude Dale and Nat.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Let me just throw this out there again:

[quote="devlin1"]What about the following weekend? [/quote]
I.e., this weekend. How's it looking?

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="devlin1"]Let me just throw this out there again:

I.e., this weekend. How's it looking?[/quote]

I kinda think that works for me, but I have this nagging feeling I'm forgetting something. Eh, fuck it if I can't remember. Game on!

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'll be there. as long as it's in the evening. i might be late otherwise, which okay by me. s'long as we game, that's all that matters.

lemme know the time and place so i can let dale know.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

This weekend works for me too.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

As per a conversation with him this evening, Mord's good to go this Saturday. So, y'know, proceed accordingly.

I'm assuming that, like, 3 or 4 pm would be cool for everyone, but ultimately that's going to depend on Mord's schedule, obviously.
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i will not be there til later, but i will let dale know. hopefully dnd3eplayer runs star wars afterward, so i can play in something.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]i will not be there til later, but i will let dale know. hopefully dnd3eplayer runs star wars afterward, so i can play in something.[/quote]
What's the hold up?

Speaking of Star Wars, I got the KOTOR book tonight, so yay me.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'll be at a shooting of my friend's film at 2pm. that's why i requested an evening start time. but don't worry. i'll show up eventually.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Hi everybody. It's me. Long time no see!

To accomodate Albert, what if we play a filler KOTOR game starting at around 2-3pm, then at 7pm we start Sundered Skies? Is that amenable?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Hi everybody. It's me. Long time no see!

To accomodate Albert, what if we play a filler KOTOR game starting at around 2-3pm, then at 7pm we start Sundered Skies? Is that amenable?[/quote]

Amenable.

Wait, what? Sam's running KOTOR?

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

either way works for me. thanks!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Sounds good to me.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Okay, I don't mean to be a Scheduling Scotty or anything, but the time my wedding draws nigh and time will be more difficult to manage in the next couple of months.

September 20th is the best Saturday for me next month. It's Jill's bridal shower/bachelorette party, so it'd be a good time for me to be out of town altogether.

I don't know what the deal is yet for October, but I'd probably only be able to make it during the first half of the month.

Between the wedding and the honeymoon, November's likely to be a wash.

But then comes December, and my triumphant return from the Antipodes!
Mike Olson
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

If you guys actually schedule this I would love to make a guest appearance. I've been wanting to play in one of these games for awhile but have always had scheduling conflicts. I'm completely free on the 20th.

Also, if Jill's bachelorette party is on the 20th when is your bachelor party :naughty:
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'm going to be gone for a week just prior to that, so the 20th would be good for me also.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="cczernia"]If you guys actually schedule this I would love to make a guest appearance. I've been wanting to play in one of these games for awhile but have always had scheduling conflicts. I'm completely free on the 20th.[/quote]
Hey, maybe you can play Nat's one-armed Drakin.

[quote]Also, if Jill's bachelorette party is on the 20th when is your bachelor party :naughty:[/quote]
I may catch shit for this, but I'm not planning on having one.

Mike Olson
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"]Hey, maybe you can play Nat's one-armed Drakin.[/quote]

Whatever works, I'll show you guys how to play a one-armed Drakin.

[quote="devlin1"]I may catch shit for this, but I'm not planning on having one.[/quote]

Would you rather have else plan it for you. I'm sure we can come up with something :naughty:

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]September 20th is the best Saturday for me next month. It's Jill's bridal shower/bachelorette party, so it'd be a good time for me to be out of town altogether.[/quote]as far as i know right now, it sounds good to me.
[quote="cczernia"]I'm sure we can come up with something :naughty:[/quote]dude. two words, three syllables:

star trek the experience!

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]dude. two words, three syllables:

star trek the experience![/quote]

Dude. Three words, eight syllables:

They're shutting it down next month and I doubt we'd be able to organize something as complex as a Vegas trip before then.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]Dude. Three words, eight syllables:[/quote]dude, i was quoting gareth keenan. but i think you knew that and are just having one over on me.
[quote="devlin1"]They're shutting it down next month and I doubt we'd be able to organize something as complex as a Vegas trip before then.[/quote]oh ye of little... penis. you really think it'd be that hard to put together? or are you just being difficult?

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]oh ye of little... penis. you really think it'd be that hard to put together? or are you just being difficult?[/quote]

Toga! Toga! Toga! Toga!.... what were we talking about again?

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="devlin1"]Dude. Three words, eight syllables:

They're shutting it down next month and I doubt we'd be able to organize something as complex as a Vegas trip before then.[/quote]

Wait, when did a Vegas trip get complex? You just call up your peeps and have the following conversation*:

You: Vegas Baby!

Them: Hells Yeah!

Then you hang up and have a sandwich while you wait for them to cruise over. Approximately 4 hours later you are in Vegas.

* Based on personal experience only. Individual results may vary. All times based on my former residence and driving ridiculously fast.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]dude, i was quoting gareth keenan. but i think you knew that and are just having one over on me.[/quote]
But that's "One word, two syllables."

[quote]oh ye of little... penis. you really think it'd be that hard to put together? or are you just being difficult?[/quote]
No, I [i]do [/i]think it's a thing to put together -- lining up schedules and so forth. Even finding a weekend a month to go down to SD is a balancing act between my schedule, your schedule's, Jill's schedule, etc. F'rinstance, they're closing that thing in September, but we don't really know [i]when[/i]. Jill's going out of town the week of the 8th, so I don't want to skip town right when she comes back (that end of that week -- the 13th). The following weekend we're gaming, and I don't want to be away two weekends in a row. So that leaves the 6th, and I think I have a thing that weekend. There -- that's all of September spoken for in a few short sentences.

Not to mention the expense, at a time when I'm supposed to be trying to save up for the wedding. Besides, I feel like I already blew a bunch of money on Comic-Con.

Mike Olson
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"]
Not to mention the expense, at a time when I'm supposed to be trying to save up for the wedding. Besides, I feel like I already blew a bunch of money on Comic-Con.[/quote]

You have your boys take care all that for you. We don't have to do be big thing to Vegas. We could do something when you come down. Like, instead of the Star Trek Experience we could do the [url=http://www.balboapark.org/calendar/detail.php?EventID=1879]Exhibition[/url] and then go get a nice dinner afterward at your favorite restaurant in SD. After that we have a full night of gaming and call it a bachelor party :cool:

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Oh, and since your the bachelor we pay for everything.
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="cczernia"]After that we have a full night of gaming and call it a bachelor party :cool:[/quote]
So we'll just do what we normally do, and say it's a bachelor party.

Mike Olson
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"]So we'll just do what we normally do, and say it's a bachelor party.[/quote]

Unless you want to try and fit in a stripper somewhere, yeah, pretty much.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]But that's "One word, two syllables."[/quote]i sit corrected.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Any of you chowderheads doing anything on the 19th? I thought I might come down a day/night early, since the apartment will be brimming with bridal shower/bachelorette party activity. I was thinking it'd be fun to maybe play a good boardgame, or give Dragonstrike a try.

See what I did there? I implied that Dragonstrike is no good, but it's actually probably really, really good provided a VCR's available.

I also ordered this Herocard game from Paizo, because they were having a huge sale. So that's another thing.
Mike Olson
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'm free, I may even know where a VCR is.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Oops -- never mind. Turns out I've got bidness up here on the 19th that'll prevent me from going down there that night. So... another time, then.

But the 20th is still on.
Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Ok, so what's the real deal this weekend?

I would like to:
(a) paint minis
(b) play Sundered Skies
(c) show Mike a good time (i.e. go out to dinner or somesuch)

But I don't know what all has been thought about and/or discussed whilst I've been busy with work and other life-type things.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="mordraine"]Ok, so what's the real deal this weekend?

I would like to:

(a) paint minis

(b) play Sundered Skies

(c) show Mike a good time (i.e. go out to dinner or somesuch)

But I don't know what all has been thought about and/or discussed whilst I've been busy with work and other life-type things.[/quote]

a) that should be do-able, if you give me a time & I remember to bring stuff

b) I thought we were pretty solid on Saturday for that. Unless that changed while I was off in Georgia or Kansas City or Phoenix or that strange dimension of Helexitor where my final layover was...

c) your cleverly worded ruse does not fool me, but I care not what you two do in the privacy of your own shed (with or without Albert recording). That's none of my business.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'll bring the camcorder!

seriously folks, i am a strong proponent for: (d) all of the above. let me know when's the start time.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

If we're gonna do all three, I suggest we start early. Say around noon time. Can y'all do that?

Sam, I'd be obliged if you could bring your painting equipment.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="mordraine"]If we're gonna do all three, I suggest we start early. Say around noon time. Can y'all do that?

Sam, I'd be obliged if you could bring your painting equipment.[/quote]

noon - check

stuff - check

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

I'm in for gaming. I'll come late to criticize your painting :mrgreen:
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Also, Mike - since this is sorta serving as your bachelor party, what would YOU like to do? If'n you wanna paint minis with us, can you get down here early? Should I go buy a mini for you as a bachelor party memento?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Also, Mike - since this is sorta serving as your bachelor party, what would YOU like to do? If'n you wanna paint minis with us, can you get down here early? Should I go buy a mini for you as a bachelor party memento?[/quote]
Where did this bachelor party [i][b]bullshit [/b][/i]come from? Let's just game 'n shit.

I do plan on coming down earlier in the day, but honestly, I don't have any desire to be shown a good time. Gaming and hanging out is more than a good enough time.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'm good to go for noon. i've let dale know about the deets and he says he'll be there for gaming (not so sure about painting). i estimated about a 3pm-ish start time for sundered skies. someone please let me know if it's otherwise.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Yay, Dale coming back.

Nat has a dinnery thing, but he's planning on coming by between 8:00 and 9:00, and he may bring a gamery friend of his along who I don't know at all, so it could conceivably be a pretty sizable group. We'll play, I dunno, HEX: Journey Up Your Mom's Ass or something.
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]We'll play, I dunno, HEX: Journey Up Your Mom's Ass or something.[/quote]which edition?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]which edition?[/quote]
Whichever one Mord has.

That'd be a great thread to post on RPGnet.

[quote][HEX] Conversion help needed!

Hi all. I love the Ubiquity system, but HEX's setting and genre never really grabbed me. Then the other day I was like "Hey, this would be perfect to run a game where the PCs go on an expedition up my mother's ass." Unfortunately, I just don't have the experience with the system I think I'd need to do a proper conversion.

Has anyone else already done something like this?[/quote]

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

ha!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'm pretty drunk now, and I plann on getting drunker. If only I could sti8ll say things in a piratey way, but taht day is over, dammit.!

Don't worry th9ough, I don't ge the hangovers, so I should still be there at the appropirate time & whatnot with my things & whanton (paints).

I went to the festival of beer and a couple ofther drinking things today. or today, you kno wahtever.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

yeah, yeah *hic* we want chilly willy!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'm up in Big Bear, 'd planned to be back this morning, but things aren't shaping up that way. I'm most likely no going to make it today.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]I'm pretty drunk now, and I plann on getting drunker. If only I could sti8ll say things in a piratey way, but taht day is over, dammit.!

Don't worry th9ough, I don't ge the hangovers, so I should still be there at the appropirate time & whatnot with my things & whanton (paints).

I went to the festival of beer and a couple ofther drinking things today. or today, you kno wahtever.[/quote]

Thanks for the update!

[quote="Cthulhu"]I'm up in Big Bear, 'd planned to be back this morning, but things aren't shaping up that way. I'm most likely no going to make it today.[/quote]
Well, that sucks. For us, I mean. But, y'know, Big Bear -- that's pretty good. If you get back into town today and still have the energy to come on down, come on down.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

thanks for the good times, all! mini painting + sundered skies + star wars = awesome non-bachelor party. let's do that again.