Games List

Monthly fix of Boardgames and coffee overload
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Games List

Post by Count Zero »

I thought we might start a list of the games we all have so we can make it easier to decide what game to play next.

Here is my list of board games:

Twilight Imperium
Descent w/ 1 expansion
Attack! w/ Expansion
Diplomacy
Settlers of Catan with all expansions
Samurai Swords
Arkham Horror

Card games:
Illuminati
Fantasy Business
Three Dragon Ante
Chez Geek
Munchkin
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Shoby187
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Shoby187 »

No Pimp: The Backhanding?

There's nothing like fighting over Holly, the hoe with a Ghetto booty but a heart of gold with a pair of brass knuckles and yo trusty Pimp cane!
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

[quote="Shoby187"]No Pimp: The Backhanding?

There's nothing like fighting over Holly, the hoe with a Ghetto booty but a heart of gold with a pair of brass knuckles and yo trusty Pimp cane![/quote]

Thank you for that, but no thank you. I'd really like to give Risk 2210 a shot, because its fun, tactical, and quick. Which was the thing that really annoyed me with Twilight imperium. I could see there were lots of interesting tactical desicions I could be making but it took too long to play, and I was unable to see which course of action would be worth using fast enough to commit to it. Every turn had me second guessing myself, and every turn took way too long.

I guess what I'm trying to say is next time lets play something faster. If theres a Twilight Imp variant that allows for speed play cool, I know Risk 2210 is speedy, if nothing else I could bring Zombies!!!

EDIT

I thought Descent was fairly action packed, and if we decide to do that I'd be up for being the "Dungeon Master/monster rancher" person and reffing. Count Zero seems to do that ever time he plays it... so I thought I'd volunteer.

What is Attack! like? Anything like Axis & Allies?