Hooked

That old Weapons of the Gods game, now all archived and stuff
mstorer3772
One-Armed Skeleton

Hooked

Post by mstorer3772 »

I ran into WotG due to this forum... (I came looking for a champions game and delvin1 had several posts mentioning HERO in general). Having followed links form this forum, I am well and truely hooked.

I special-ordered the book from my local game shop (Pair a Dice Games in Vista) and am waiting with bated breath. (not baited... no fish involved... think "abated").

I've never been a huge wire-fu fan, though I certainly have been a follower of Jackie Chan since the mid nineties... a friend turned me on to Drunken Master II (more recently released as "Legend of the Drunken Master"... one of the best kung fu movies I've ever seen), and "Iron Monkey".

So anyway, love the genre, love the mechanics, can't wait to get my grubby mits on a copy of the book.

(and do you happen to have enough room in your group for another player from up Vista way?)

--Mark Storer
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Very cool-- I'm glad our little out-of-date WotG forum here is of interest to you. The mechanics and concepts in the game are pretty cool, although if you're anything like me you'll find the flowery prose makes it all a little difficult to understand.

We only play once a month, as I live in Orange County and trek down to San Diego for games, and we only have one session to go before I'm in England for most of the summer, so if you wanted to check it out it might be good to wait until Fall. I'm all for giving new people gaming opportunities, but right now we're not really at a point where a new character could really be introduced.

At the very least, though, I'll work on finally updating the summary threads to get you caught up with what's happened so far. It's been a good time.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote]although if you're anything like me you'll find the flowery prose makes it all a little difficult to understand.[/quote]

Blame Borgstrom. It makes the book a helluva a lot of fun to read - but the rules get a bit opaqueish when she hits the prose.

Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="smartmonkey"]Blame Borgstrom. [/quote]
I do. Rest assured, I do.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Hi Mark,

Hey, there are a few of us involved in the WotG game that are also going to be playing in the Conan one-shot being discussed over in the One-Shot forum. Perhaps you can get in on that game and meet us? That would probably be a good introduction into our (rather irreverant) play style.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

... except that I'll be cracking the whip! :mrgreen:
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]... except that I'll be cracking the whip! :mrgreen:[/quote]

Run Mark. While you still can.

(God save the poor bastard.)

:wink:

Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."