Character Sheets

That old Weapons of the Gods game, now all archived and stuff
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Character Sheets

Post by devlin1 »

Hey hey, friends. In the next week or so, could each of you send me your character sheet (as it exists now) in some form or other? I kinda need 'em.

Here's a good format in which to send them. Note that you only need list those skills in which you have at least one rank; also, just list the ranks you've bought, not how many dice you roll. Also note that this guy is kinda totally kick-ass.
[quote]
[font=Arial][size=84][b]Name: [/b][b]Boufon Jou[/b][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]Rank/Archetype: [/b]Second Rank Scholar (195 Destiny) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]Origin: [/b]Roving Daoist Sage and the Greatest of Predictionists! [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]Passion: [/b]Fear - That He's Not Good Enough. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b][i]ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS[/i][/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]MIGHT (Jade/Wood Chi) [/b][b]3[/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Athletics 2 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Fight 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Hardiness 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]SPEED (Crimson/Fire Chi) [/b][b]4[/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Initiative 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Dodge 4 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Finesse 2 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Melee 2 [spear 1] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Ride 1 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]PRESENCE (Gold/Earth Chi) [/b][b]3[/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Confidence 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Grace 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Inspire 1 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Persuade 2 [appeals to reason 1] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]GENIUS (White/Metal Chi) [/b][b]7[/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Learning 5 [predictions 2] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Medicine 3 [regain chi 2] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Crafting 4 [alliances 2] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Politics 4 [clan 1] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Tactics 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]WU WEI (Silver/Water Chi) [/b][b]4[/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Awareness 3 [chi 1] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Investigation 4 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Senses 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Stealth 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b][i]ADVANTAGES[/i][/b] [/size][/font]

[b][font=Arial][size=84]Kung Fu Styles - [/size][/font][/b]

[font=Arial][size=84][i]Lightfoot 6[/i] (Common Any Chi: Surefoot 1, Run Like a Deer 2, Headlong Flying Leap 3, High as the Clouds 4, Infinite Endurance 5, Supernal Speed 6 (10 Any) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][i]Thunder Hammer 2[/i] (Common Jade Chi: Thunder Strike 1, Rain of Blows 2) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][i]Lunar Darkness 4[/i] (Common Silver Chi: Hiding Moon Strike 1, Fleeting Moon Shadow 2, Shadow of the Eclipse 3, Hellish Suffering 4) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][i]Wisdom Of The Seven Gates 4[/i] (Common White Chi: Pain-Negating Method 1, Disturb the Jade Leaves 2, Pruning the Jade Branches 3, Shaping the Jade Trunk 4) [/size][/font]

[b][font=Arial][size=84]Secret Arts - [/size][/font][/b]

[font=Arial][size=84][u]Basic Secret Arts[/u] (Secret Arts, Introduction to Medical Conditions, Health and Sickness, Changing Chi Conditions) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][u]Daoist Magic[/u] (Curse Spells, Influence Spells, Manipulating Influences, Yin-Yang Influence Technique, Elemental Influence Progression Technique, Inflame/Soothe Influences, Stealthy Work with Influences) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][u]Extraordinary Daoist Technique[/u] (Rising Flame Intercession) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][u]Predictionism[/u] (Basic Prediction Skills) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][u]Secret Arts Of Prediction[/u] (Passion and Inspiration, Ultimate Prediction Technique) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][u]Tools Of Divination[/u] (I Ching, Shang Divination) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][u]Story Of Fortune[/u] [/size][/font]

[b][font=Arial][size=84]Backgrounds - [/size][/font][/b]

[font=Arial][size=84]Possession (Quality Iron Fan), Possession (Light Armor), Status 5 (Respected), Wealth 1 (Adequate) [/size][/font]

[b][font=Arial][size=84]Equipment - [/size][/font][/b]

[font=Arial][size=84]Iron Fan (Quality) (Speed +15, Strike +5, Damage -5), Light Armor (Armor -5, Impairment 0), Punch Or Kick (Speed +15, Strike +0, Damage -5) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b][i]DISADVANTAGES[/i][/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]None[/size][/font][/quote]

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

Check it.

[quote][b]Name: An-dun Shi [/b](Settling Stone)

[b]Rank/Archetype:[/b] Fourth Rank Warrior(53 Destiny)

[b]Origin:[/b] Roving Buddhist Monk with the Greatest of Appetites!

[b]Passion:[/b] ???

[b]Description:[/b]Truly a mountain of a man, Settling Stone seams to be working on a belly that would rival that of the great Buda himself. His shaved head and gentle face mark him as a member of the Zan Brotherhood as much as his simple attire of well made orange and yellow robe and wooden sandals. His only other positions of note are the immense wooden prayer beads that hang around his neck and a crudely hewn wooden staff with the stubs of braches and even a few leaves around the head.

[b][i]ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS[/i][/b]

[b]MIGHT[/b] (Jade/Wood Chi) 5

Athletics 2

Fight 3 [wolf tooth staff 1]

Hardiness 3

Lift 2

[b]SPEED[/b] (Crimson/Fire Chi) 1

Initiative 1

[b]PRESENCE[/b] (Gold/Earth Chi) 3

Confidence 2

Grace 2

Inspire 2 [respect 1]

Persuade 2

[b]GENIUS[/b] (White/Metal Chi) 2

Learning 2

Medicine 1

Politics 1

[b]WU WEI[/b] (Silver/Water Chi) 4

Awareness 2

Investigation 1

Senses 2

Stealth 1

[b][i]ADVANTAGES[/i][/b]

[b]Kung Fu Styles[/b] -

[u]Lightfoot 2[/u] (Common Any Chi: Surefoot 1, Run Like a Deer 2)

[u]Thunder Hammer 3[/u] (Common Jade Chi: Thunder Strike 1, Rain of Blows 2, Clap of Thunder 3)

[u]Subtle Hand 3[/u] (Uncommon Silver Chi: Feint 1, Invisible Wind 2, Pause for Thought 3)

[b]Backgrounds[/b] -

Affiliation (Zan Brotherhood), Possession (Quality Wolf Tooth Staff), Possession (Light Armor), Mentor 3, Status 2 (Respected), Wealth 0 (Poor), Robust, Animal Speech, Teacher Student

[b]Equipment [/b]-

Wolf Tooth Staff (Quality) (Speed 0, Strike +5, Damage +10), Light Armor (Armor -5, Impairment 0), Punch Or Kick (Speed +15, Strike +0, Damage -5)

[b]DISADVANTAGES[/b]

Painfully Honest, Onerous Obligation[/quote]

"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="J@ke"]Check it.[/quote]
Okay, but you're really a Warrior, right?

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

Name: Wang Hsi Ping (Golden Tongue Blade)
Rank/Archetype: Fourth Rank Courtier (77 Spent Destiny, 8 Available Destiny)
Origin: Short-shrifted second son with a chip on his shoulder, and a name to redeem!
Passion: Driven - To rule his clan to greatness and honor.

ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
MIGHT (Jade/Wood Chi) 2

. Athletics 2
. Heartiness 3

SPEED (Crimson/Fire Chi) 4
. Initiative 2
. Dodge 4
. Melee [Jien (Longsword)] 5

PRESENCE (Gold/Earth Chi) 4
. Confidence 4
. Grace 1
. Inspire [Sorrow] 4
. Persuade 4

GENIUS (White/Metal Chi) 3
. Learning 1
. Crafting 1
. Politics 3
. Tactics 3

WU WEI (Silver/Water Chi) 2
. Awareness 2
. Stealth 2

ADVANTAGES
Kung Fu Styles
-
. Lightfoot 2 (Common Any Chi: Surefoot 1, Run Like a Deer 2)
. Forceful Resolution 3 (Gold Chi: Open The Debate 1, Undeniable Argument 2, Convince The Unrighteous 3)
. Game-Breaking Blade 3 (Crimson Chi: Killing Spree 1, Lightning Killing Spree 2, Killing Frenzy Spree 3)

Loresheet -
. The Wulin

Secret Arts -
. The Secret Arts of Intrigue
. Controlling Passions (Yin-Yang Passions, Inflame/Soothe Passions, Stealth Work)
. Extraordinary Courtier Techniques (Anger-Inspiring, Exploitation of Sorrows)

Backgrounds -
. Clan Affiliation (Qichao Clan of Northern Yang)
. Possession (Jien [Longsword])
. Wealth 3
. Passion and Inspiration Lores
. Iron Feet (Artful)

Equipment -
. Jien [Longsword] (Speed +5, Strike +10, Damage +5)
. Iron Feet (Speed +15, Strike +0, Damage -5)
. Scrolls of birthright
. Jade Dagger (Heirloom; Usually hidden)
. Fine Silk Garments
. Estate (Moderate - Something appropriate to Wealth 3)

DISADVANTAGES
. Onerous Obligation (Qichao Clan)

GOALS
. Immediate: To defraud the person claiming to be my returned older brother; get out of marrying a politically arranged bride, after finding her first.
. Future: Reclaim rightful birthright as leader of Qichao Clan.
. Passion: Driven - To rule clan to greatness and honor.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]. Clan Affiliation (Wu Tang)
[/quote]

Appreciated. However, you're from the Qichao clan of Northern Yang. But don't worry: the Qichao clan ain't nothin' to fuck with, either.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

mike, a thousand apologies for improvising on several of the slots (e.g. "origin," "clan affiliation (wu tang)," some of my "equipment"), but as you know, i don't have the book. i understand if you need to make appropriate changes.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]Appreciated. However, you're from the Qichao clan of Northern Yang. But don't worry: the Qichao clan ain't nothin' to fuck with, either.[/quote]noted. see changes above.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Here we are:

[quote]
[font=Arial][size=84][b]Name: [/b][b]Xi-Tong[/b][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]Rank/Archetype: [/b]Fourth Rank Scholar (53 Destiny) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]Origin: [/b]Daoist Teacher and Assassin [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]Passion: [/b]Grieving - The loss of a loved one drives him to perfection; he doesn't want to be in a position to lose anyone else. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b][i]ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS[/i][/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]MIGHT (Jade/Wood Chi) [/b][b]2[/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Athletics 2 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Fight 2 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]SPEED (Crimson/Fire Chi) [/b][b]3[/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Initiative 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Dodge 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Melee 2 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]PRESENCE (Gold/Earth Chi) [/b][b]2[/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Confidence 2 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Perform 2 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]GENIUS (White/Metal Chi) [/b][b]4[/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Learning 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Crafting 2 [curses] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b]WU WEI (Silver/Water Chi) [/b][b]4[/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Awareness 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Ranged 3 [Lute String] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Stealth 2 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b][i]ADVANTAGES[/i][/b] [/size][/font]

[b][font=Arial][size=84]Kung Fu Styles - [/size][/font][/b]

[font=Arial][size=84][i]Lightfoot 1[/i] (Common Any Chi): Surefoot 1 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][i]Perfect Aim 3[/i] (Common White Chi): Eagle Eye 1, Palpable Hit 2, Unerring Flight 3 [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][i]Lunar Darkness 3[/i] (Common Silver Chi): Hiding Moon Strike 1, Fleeting Moon Shadow 2, Shadow of the Eclipse 3 [/size][/font]

[b][font=Arial][size=84]Secret Arts - [/size][/font][/b]

[font=Arial][size=84][u]Daoist Magic[/u] (Curse Spells, Crafting Curses, Internal/External Technique) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][u]Extraordinary Daoist Technique[/u] (Summoning the Earth's Folly, Terrible Rising Water Technique, Instant Influence Technique) [/size][/font]

[b][font=Arial][size=84]Backgrounds - [/size][/font][/b]

[font=Arial][size=84]Possession (Special Weapon - Lute String), Affiliation (Fire Mantis) [/size][/font]

[b][font=Arial][size=84]Equipment - [/size][/font][/b]

[font=Arial][size=84]Lute, Lute String Weapon[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84][b][i]DISADVANTAGES[/i][/b] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=84]Hunted (by Hell Clan)[/size][/font][/quote]

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Great! Thanks all three of you. You three of my four players.

Also, each of you has a Disad: Onerous Obligation. Settling Stone, your obligation is either to the Zan Brotherhood or to your Mentor. Golden Tongue Blade, yours is with the Qichao clan, and Scholar Xi-Tong, yours is with the Fire Mantis Society.
Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Say, I seem to remember that we did something wrong during Chargen, i.e. spending too much on skills or something?

edit: Nevermind, you posted here on the forum. We weren't supposed to have any skills over 3. Which isn't a problem with Xi-Tong, so I guess I'm all good.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="mordraine"]Say, I seem to remember that we did something wrong during Chargen, i.e. spending too much on skills or something?

edit: Nevermind, you posted here on the forum. We weren't supposed to have any skills over 3. Which isn't a problem with Xi-Tong, so I guess I'm all good.[/quote]

i guess i have to rework mine then for persuade skill. how many points do i have to spend if i knock it down to 3? can i just adjust another skill up one rank?

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]i guess i have to rework mine then for persuade skill. how many points do i have to spend if i knock it down to 3? can i just adjust another skill up one rank?[/quote]
1. Yes, you do. That wasn't a question, but... I'm agreeing with you.

2. One.

3. Yes. Or a Specialty, etc. I suggest Awareness. You need that to spot Passions, which is pretty central to your Secret Arts (first you spot the Passion, then you fiddle with it).

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]1. Yes, you do. That wasn't a question, but... I'm agreeing with you.

2. One.

3. Yes. Or a Specialty, etc. I suggest Awareness. You need that to spot Passions, which is pretty central to your Secret Arts (first you spot the Passion, then you fiddle with it).[/quote]

sure thing.

... done (see above).

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I don't know if anyone's interested in an alternate character sheet, but here are a couple from the WotG boards. Just like all of us, each is special in its own way, and I'd say each is an improvement over the original.

Storn Cook's Character Sheet

Siroh's Character Sheet
Mike Olson
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

I just added a description to my sheet.
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I've got that WotG character generator too - it does a pretty good job of filling in the stuff where it goes (with some wrong/pre-errata calculations? Mine was off on my total destiny spent for some reason, but that's about it)

I got it somewhere in cyberspace (I can't remember where). If anyone wants a copy let me know. I'm pretty sure its freeware or whatever.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Download it here!

I don't use it myself, but it seems like it oughtta be neat. I don't have much of an interest in a chargen program, but what I'd really like to see is a combat management utility-- something to track everyone's Health, Joss, River, Chi, etc.
Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey!

So I was thinking, now that we have a few game sessions under our collective belt and have a better idea of how everything works, it'd be good to give everyone the chance to do a little "respec" if you want. If you find yourself saying "Damn, I wasted a point there" or "Damn, I wish I'd spent another point on that" (or, ideally, both these things), go ahead and do that. Shuffle things around, see how it works out, and post your new character sheet when you're through screwing with it. If you find yourself with extra Destiny, so be it. We'll find something to do with them. I have wacky point-spending opportunities for all of you.
Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey there, righteous wanderers of the Wulin. S'up, bitches?

Could you guys please post your current character sheets again in this thread? Thanks in advance.
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]Hey there, righteous wanderers of the Wulin. S'up, bitches?

Could you guys please post your current character sheets again in this thread? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

sup foo?

i updated my charsheet above, as requested. see you sunday (and maybe saturday).

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]sup foo?

i updated my charsheet above, as requested. see you sunday (and maybe saturday).[/quote]

You win! Because you were the first to obey my command, you get to start with an extra point of Xia Joss on Sunday.

Mike Olson