Weapons of the Gods: Who's Up For It?

That old Weapons of the Gods game, now all archived and stuff
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="devlin1"]Oh. I, uh... I missed that.

Well good then!

So who's available this Sunday for a little Gamma World and book-looking-at?[/quote]

*raises hand* (obviously, since I'd be the one running the GW)

We'd be meeting at Game Towne during Winterfest correct? Or would we meet somewhere else?

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]*raises hand* (obviously, since I'd be the one running the GW)

We'd be meeting at Game Towne during Winterfest correct? Or would we meet somewhere else?[/quote]

Anywhere, as far as I'm concerned. Whatever works for people. I'll be in SD regardless.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]Anywhere, as far as I'm concerned. Whatever works for people. I'll be in SD regardless.[/quote]let's meet in orange county. in all seriousness, is there an entry fee for winterfest?
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Just a suggestion...take the day of least attrition and give sorries to those left out
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Skyman"]Just a suggestion...take the day of least attrition and give sorries to those left out[/quote]
I believe we've done that. Sunday seems to work for most people, so everyone else can GO TO HELL!!!!

:threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc :threadsuc

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

:lolup:
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

my place is open for gamma world/wotg, if you guys want.

when are you coming into town, devlin?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]my place is open for gamma world/wotg, if you guys want.

when are you coming into town, devlin?[/quote]

Probably tomorrow during the day sometime. Possibly very late tonight, depending on whether I can get ahold of my contact.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]Probably tomorrow during the day sometime. Possibly very late tonight, depending on whether I can get ahold of my contact.[/quote]"contact"? are running guns for the yakuza? hash for some turks, perhaps?

if by contact you mean a place to crash, if all else fails give me a call.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

okay, so where and when is this happening tomorrow?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]okay, so where and when is this happening tomorrow?[/quote]
Well, you offered your place, and I haven't seen a counter-offer, so I'm going to say it's probably going to be at your place, at a time that's convenient for you.

Also, I'm sleeping on your couch tonight.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

okay, i just read over the whole thread and it seems that mordraine and devlin are coming over to my place tomorrow. someone correct me if i'm mistaken.

mordraine, what time would you care to meet up?

devlin, i'll be out til about at a birthday thingy for my best friend's kid until about 6:30pm. please give me a call when you get into town.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm okay with whatever time you guys come up with. Just give me a ring tomorrow.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

Hi. My name's Albert, and I like dice.

This Gamma World one-shot is definitely happening tomorrow, either at Albert's place-- that is, my place-- or, if no one here is into it, we'll take it to Winterfest and try to press a couple people into service.

Also, you should know that this Gamma World one-shot is actually, according to the GM, based on the world of Kamandi, aka that crazy-ass map that Mord posted a couple weeks ago. Or was it just a week ago? I, Albert, am not sure.

Anyway, if you're into that, and also if you might be interested in checking out Weapons of the Gods, come on out.

Shit! I just broke the legs off that Katamari Damacy guy.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

thanks for the good times, andy and mike. kamandi a la gamma world was hella tight, and sparring a couple rounds in wotg was great. even all the other stuff when we weren't gaming was really fun. i'll see you both at our first official installment of wotg.

peace. i'm outta here.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]thanks for the good times, andy and mike. kamandi a la gamma world was hella tight, and sparring a couple rounds in wotg was great. even all the other stuff when we weren't gaming was really fun. i'll see you both at our first official installment of wotg.

peace. i'm outta here.[/quote]

Agreed and ditto. Right back atcha.

BTW, the WotG Forum Goons (I doubt that's what they call themselves) have already answered all the questions we had. It's all quite clear now.

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Okay, so seriously-- let's find a Sunday somewhere when everyone who's interested can get together, work through the system and the book, and make characters. I.e., let's get this going. As for myself, I think the earliest I could probably come down again is the weekend of the 28th, as I have other stuff going on the weekend of the 21st.

In the meantime, people can start thinking about what kind of character in general might interest them. The three basic Archetypes are Warrior (self-explanatory), Courtier (those whose goal is to win friends and influence people-- or, alternately, crush enemies and control people-- through politics, persuasion, and the Secret Arts of Intrigue), and Scholar (those who seek knowledge of the Secret Arts above all else, including Daoist magic).

I found a fantastic site full of pictures from the Dynasty Warriors video game which is actually quite appropriate for the time and place in which WotG takes place. Take a look through the pictures for inspiration, keeping in mind the Archetypes above, and see what interests you.

http://www.yueying.net/dw/?gallery=offi ... +4+Artbook
Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

The 28th/29th would work fine for me. That's an 'off' weekend for my regular game.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm good that Sunday too, I think. I'm outta town the weekend before, so it's good that you're busy then as well.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

unless i'm mistaken, which i hope i'm not, that weekend works for me.

also, that ancient chinese gallery is wicked awesome. good character concepts to be culled all up in there.

furthermore, your sig's down devlin1. might be less efficacious, but would you mind posting a link to the thing that you thought sig worthy.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I noticed yesterday that the intended meeting day-- the 29th-- is also Chinese New Year, so... yeah, we're definitely doing it on that day. It's an auspicious omen.
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

that makes two auspicious gaming days this month. my friday group's playing changeling this friday the 13th.

spooky.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Okay, so in two weeks, we're planning on getting together (somewhere, at some time) to make characters and maybe even get started-- or at least run a combat to shake things out.

Albert, Andy-- I've since worked out the kinks in the combat system with a few test fights, and everything's cool. We were simultaneously overcomplicating things and not making full use of the game mechanics (it still works find without any optional tidbits, but the optional tidbits can be pretty kick ass).

But anyway.

Who's definitely in for that day? Sound off. Once we know how many potential players we have, we can nail down a place and a time. And if anyone wants to offer a place, feel free.
Mike Olson
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

I'll be there. Should I be getting the book?
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="J@ke"]I'll be there. Should I be getting the book?[/quote]
You don't have to. We'll have two books available, and I can direct you to the most relevant parts for your character so you don't have to wade through all 300+ pages of it. Of course, if you take a look at the book in the store or something and want to get it, more power to you, but I'm not going to casually tell someone to drop forty bucks on a book they might not need, either.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

count me in. i have something to go to that morning, but will be done after 12 noon.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

It's an off day for my regular game, so I'm available whenever.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm waiting tensely for my customer in Albuquerque to tell me whether I should go there *this* weekend or *next*weekend. It's been set up for weeks that I was gonna go this weekend, but they told me today that they might postpone the trip... I'm frustrated, to say the least!!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I'm waiting tensely for my customer in Albuquerque to tell me whether I should go there *this* weekend or *next*weekend. It's been set up for weeks that I was gonna go this weekend, but they told me today that they might postpone the trip... I'm frustrated, to say the least!![/quote]
You don't have to take that kind of shit from those assholes. Tell them that you're going this weekend, and that if they don't like it, they can cram it with walnuts, pal, because you're putting your foot down. Both of them, if necessary.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="devlin1"]You don't have to take that kind of shit from those assholes. Tell them that you're going this weekend, and that if they don't like it, they can cram it with walnuts, pal, because you're putting your foot down. Both of them, if necessary.[/quote]

Ya know what? I called 'em and told 'em, "Fuck you guys. I'm playing Weapons of the Fucking Gods the weekend after next and I ain't fucking going to Albuquerque."

They capitulated. See ya on the 29th.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Ya know what? I called 'em and told 'em, "Fuck you guys. I'm playing Weapons of the Fucking Gods the weekend after next and I ain't fucking going to Albuquerque."

They capitulated. See ya on the 29th.[/quote]

You have the power. Good deal.

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Alright! It's this Sunday. Anyone have any ideas as far as location? I'd host if I could, but I don't think playing in my Honda Civic is really the best idea.
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

who's coming? provided that the number is manageable enough, i could offer up my place...
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm coming. I'd have to check if my place would be okay for hosting. I'll let ya know.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

I'll be there.
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'm in. Should I procure a book and make up a character first, or are we alloting time for that on Sunday?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]I'm in. Should I procure a book and make up a character first, or are we alloting time for that on Sunday?[/quote]
We'll do that on Sunday. Honestly, I doubt I could plot much of anything before you guys make characters. The choices you make in character creation have a big influence (bigger than usual) on what happens in the game.

However, if you want to get the book and make a character beforehand, that's cool too. If so, email it to me and we'll try to get all the fiddly bits sorted out ahead of time so there's that much less of a demand for the book on Sunday.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

what time are we aiming for? any time after 12 would be peachy for me.

j@ke, remind to bring back your hilarious "found footage festival" dvd.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]what time are we aiming for? any time after 12 would be peachy for me.[/quote]
Ditto. But where?

As a side note, if I end up on the copyediting staff of the New University (the school newspaper-- but it sounds lame if I just say I'm on the staff of the school newspaper) next quarter, it'll mean I'd be editing most of every Sunday. However, I'm willing to bet that one Sunday a month I could get out a little early (say, 2:00 instead of 3:00 or 4:00), drive down, and start the gamin' by 4:00 or so. We could still get in, say, six hours, giving me plenty of time to get back home at a decent hour. So I'm not too worried about that.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention that my place is good for Sunday, 'slong as it's afternoon, and doesn't run late into the night. Starting around 1~2pm would be cool, and as long as we end somewhere before 7pm or whatever that would be good. How's that sound?

edit: having just read devlin's reply, we'd have to work something out for subsequent weeks...
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

all sounds good, and as i've posted before, my place is always open as an alternate.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Oh yeah, I wanted to mention that my place is good for Sunday, 'slong as it's afternoon, and doesn't run late into the night. Starting around 1~2pm would be cool, and as long as we end somewhere before 7pm or whatever that would be good. How's that sound?

edit: having just read devlin's reply, we'd have to work something out for subsequent weeks...[/quote]

The newspaper thing wouldn't start until next quarter, so it's not exactly pressing right now.

So Andy, do you want to host on Sunday, then? I feel like you get stuck with hosting all the time, so I hesitate to declare your house the venue again, but it's so damn convenient. Not geographically, of course. But space-wise, yes.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="devlin1"]The newspaper thing wouldn't start until next quarter, so it's not exactly pressing right now.

So Andy, do you want to host on Sunday, then? I feel like you get stuck with hosting all the time, so I hesitate to declare your house the venue again, but it's so damn convenient. Not geographically, of course. But space-wise, yes.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't mind at all. It's convenient for me too, since I don't have to drive home from somewhere afterwards. And since it's only once a month, it won't be a burden on the rest of the family, as long as we're done at a reasonable time.

J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

Hey JC, think I could get a lift to Mords?
Kevin Gander,Barber
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

sure. what time do want me to come over?
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

Anytime would work for me. How about sometime around 1?
Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey there, folks-- we have our own forum now, so... check that out.
Mike Olson
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

So is this going to be more than just a three-four shot thing?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Skyman"]So is this going to be more than just a three-four shot thing?[/quote]
That's the plan. I plan to continue until we get fed up with it.

Mike Olson
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I think I should back out....sorry