Pieces of the Puzzle

A mixed media game run by Illuman23
Illuman23
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Pieces of the Puzzle

Post by Illuman23 »

Right now I feel that I only have pieces of the puzzle, and without having the missing parts I won’t be able to determine how the story(s) start. Each of the characters will have a unique and individual home world, and they will be traveling to other realities. I’m getting my Rifts and GURPS: Infinite Worlds books tomorrow. I know for a fact that the RIFTS universe will take a place in the storyline, as well as a modern day world where nothing supernatural /seems/ to be happening. Characters from all worlds will be welcome, and a good mix of backgrounds, skills, powers, and world view will be necessary. I’m curious what the first four have to say about where they’d like to be from in order to face the journey to the tower.

[quote]Flaming Lips The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song

If you could blow up the world with the flick of a switch

Would you do it?

If you could make everyobody poor just so you could be rich

Would you do it?

If you could watch everybody work while you just lay on your back

Would you do it?

If you could take all the love without fiving any back

Would you do it?

And so we cannot know ourselves or what we'd really do...

With all your power

With all your power

With all your power

What would you do?

If you could make your own money and then give it to everybody

Would you do it?

If you knew all the answers and could give it to the masses

Would you do it?

No no no no no no are you crazy?

It's a very dangerous thing to do exactly what you want

Because you cannot know yourself or what you'd really do

With all your power

With all your power

With all your power
[/quote]

lu lu lu I've got some apples
lu lu lu You've got some too
lu lu lu Let's make some applesauce
Take off our clothes and lu lu lu
--Butters

<FNORD>
Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Sam "The Raven" McTiernan

Post by Azerack »

I think the "Deadlands" world would more than suffice for my character's starting point (if anyone knows the game, Sam's a Huckster by trade, Poker player by tradition).

There could be any number of reasons for Sam to find his way through a portal, by delusion of part of his background or by chasing after someone, or simply being summoned!

Also, if there is any parallel to someone else's "United States of America", Sam can also be easy to relocate, based on his constant travelling behaviour.

What can I say? I want to make it as easy for the GM as possible, my first go around. :mrgreen:

-------------------------------------------------
Illuman23
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Furi Kuri (Fooly Cooly?)

Post by Illuman23 »

So I've been reading about Furi Kuri, and it seems that I'll never quite get it until I've seen at least two or three of the 6 part series. From what I can tell Haruko is some crazy vespa riding space alien who creates dimensional portals from bonking people on the head with her guitar...and Neuro thinks she can Role Play this character? I'm impressed! I'm not sure what kind of setting you'll be from, but it's gotta be pretty odd. Let me know if you found the episodes so I can watch them.
et me know what you think of this review:
http://www.sleepisfortheweak.org/reviews/flcl/

It seems that Azarack is really eager to be playing RPGs again. I'm really happy to have him involved with this campaign. His Huxter character is a perfect fit, and I'll get to incorporate the a late 19th Century Earth into the storylines.

Skyman and Winter are both still working on their characters.

Skyman.. Let me know if you want to be from a Super Powers world (Similar to Marvel) or from a CoC / Lovecraftian world. Both of your character concepts could fit into either world.

Winter.. I'll have my RIFTS book soon for you to peruse. I'm curious to see what's in Infinate Worlds, and you may want to look through that book as well for some character ideas.

I may incorporate some "Guest Players/NPC" when we actually get to tabletop. I figure that if I can't recruit people to play in the entire campaign, I should be able to get some people in for a one shot session.
--Butters

<FNORD>
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

[quote="Illuman23"]So I've been reading about Furi Kuri, and it seems that I'll never quite get it until I've seen at least two or three of the 6 part series.[/quote]You still won't get it.
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Winter's trying to put hands on episodes for you now. I'm not even going to explain until you've seen it. Really nothing else will suffice. Also, you'll like it anyway.

To be honest, a vespa riding space alien who hits people with a guitar might be a step up the normal ladder for me this week.

[quote="Illuman23"]So I've been reading about Furi Kuri, and it seems that I'll never quite get it until I've seen at least two or three of the 6 part series. From what I can tell Haruko is some crazy vespa riding space alien who creates dimensional portals from bonking people on the head with her guitar...and Neuro thinks she can Role Play this character? I'm impressed! I'm not sure what kind of setting you'll be from, but it's gotta be pretty odd. Let me know if you found the episodes so I can watch them.

et me know what you think of this review:

[url=http://www.sleepisfortheweak.org/reviews/flcl/]http://www.sleepisfortheweak.org/reviews/flcl/[/url]

It seems that Azarack is really eager to be playing RPGs again. I'm really happy to have him involved with this campaign. His Huxter character is a perfect fit, and I'll get to incorporate the a late 19th Century Earth into the storylines.

Skyman and Winter are both still working on their characters.

Skyman.. Let me know if you want to be from a Super Powers world (Similar to Marvel) or from a CoC / Lovecraftian world. Both of your character concepts could fit into either world.

Winter.. I'll have my RIFTS book soon for you to peruse. I'm curious to see what's in Infinate Worlds, and you may want to look through that book as well for some character ideas.

I may incorporate some "Guest Players/NPC" when we actually get to tabletop. I figure that if I can't recruit people to play in the entire campaign, I should be able to get some people in for a one shot session.[/quote]

"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Azerack »

I'm going to have to see if Anime on Demand has an episode of that since Netflix doesn't.

And I would imagine if all else fails, fall back on the words of Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China,

"..You were not brought upon this earth to 'get it'." :lol:
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

A most excellent movie I must add
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="Illuman23"]Let me know if you found the episodes so I can watch them.[/quote]

I've got subbed ones if you want 'em.

[quote]Winter.. I'll have my RIFTS book soon for you to peruse. I'm curious to see what's in Infinate Worlds, and you may want to look through that book as well for some character ideas.
[/quote]

I've got the core book, Triax, and Mexico.

"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="Azerack"]I'm going to have to see if Anime on Demand has an episode of that since Netflix doesn't.[/quote]

Sometimes details (names and the like) get a little lost in translation.

[url=http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?trkid=73&movieid=70024145]FLCL on netflix[/url]

"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Azerack »

[quote="Wintermute"]Sometimes details (names and the like) get a little lost in translation.

[url=http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?trkid=73&movieid=70024145]FLCL on netflix[/url][/quote]

Ahh, so desu yo! :mrgreen:

Yeah, something silly like the actual [b]title[/b] of the anime.. Heh.. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Winter. Now I can have something interesting to watch after I'm done with Elfen Lied vol. 4. :wink:

Arigatou!

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

FLCL is either the equivlant of some crazy animators brain-static, or the deepest mind-fuck I've seen in a long, long time.

Maybe both.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Azerack »

[quote="smartmonkey"]FLCL is either the equivlant of some crazy animators brain-static, or the deepest mind-fuck I've seen in a long, long time.

Maybe both.[/quote]

I'm sure we're getting off topic, but I think that covers alot of that style of anime.. (Azumanga Daioh?.. )

Truly there should be some interesting character interaction from a hyper anime alien girl and a dark-sighted westerner (using that term in more ways than one :wink: ), though.

I'll be using a flask and a deck of cards as props; will you be using a guitar, Neuro? :biggrin:

Illuman23
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Illuman23 »

[quote="Azerack"]I'm sure we're getting off topic, [/quote]

Off topic is the way to be around here. You'll get used to the last half of every thread being something completely different then how it started.

I love the Wiki!

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheistic_solipsism]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheistic_solipsism[/url]

Pantheistic solipsism... Enjoy!

--Butters

<FNORD>
Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Azerack »

[quote="Illuman23"]Off topic is the way to be around here. You'll get used to the last half of every thread being something completely different then how it started.

I love the Wiki!

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheistic_solipsism]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheistic_solipsism[/url]

Pantheistic solipsism... Enjoy![/quote]

Oh, well, righto!.. I didn't know if you minded or not. :wink:

I like that term. I'm convinced that that's how most story writers get their ideas because they are somehow connected to those alternate dimensions and feel as if they've been there, before.

I also like to think that's why I can fly in some dreams and not in others. Depends on which dimension my conscious is visiting while I sleep! :mrgreen:

----

And on the Topic, before, I just added the FLCL as next to come on my Netflix list. It sounds like we just got a "Teenagers from Outer Space" character is all. . :lol:

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="smartmonkey"]FLCL is either the equivlant of some crazy animators brain-static, or the deepest mind-fuck I've seen in a long, long time.

Maybe both.[/quote]

FLCL: Crazy brain static, yes.

But for the mindfuck, you need Paranoia Agent. If I were going to play in some sort of pan-dimensional, any-fucked-up-character-you-want game, I might choose Li'l Slugger.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote="devlin1"]FLCL: Crazy brain static, yes.

But for the mindfuck, you need Paranoia Agent. If I were going to play in some sort of pan-dimensional, any-fucked-up-character-you-want game, I might choose Li'l Slugger.[/quote]

I only caught one episode, and I was stoned. Worst nightmares ever.

And Heinlen -rocks-. Period.

Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Illuman23"]...and Neuro thinks she can Role Play this character? [/quote]
I honestly can't think of anyone else who could.

You've been warned.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Illuman23
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Illuman23 »

OK. I've decided to start these characters out at 200 points. (Neruo..begin the min/maxing!) Please post if your having problems with powers and point costs. I may not have the answer, but I'm sure Winter or the others on the board know GURPS well, and may have some good commentary.

At least you all will be able to stat out your characters, and get a breif history/bio together. Then the fun can really begin.
--Butters

<FNORD>
Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Azerack »

Okie dokie...

Of course now that means I have to get my gluteus in gear and finish my outline/bio.:wink:

And then I have to actually look at the GURPs rulebooks, too! :jawdrop:

Oh well, I knew it was only a matter of time on that...

Off I go!..