Episode 1: The Return

A play by post game run and moderated by BlanchPrez
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Doc informs Commander Dra of the directions that his tricorder displays, steps to the side, and says, "After you Commander." Doc remembers a saying about fools rushing in but keeps the thought to himself.

(Do you want some dice rolls on the tricorder readings...just to see if Doc directs then to the latrine instead...)
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra looks at the Tri-corder and goes in the direction of reading. Guns blazing if necessary. (I love that Elvis song)

Commander Dra says "Doc stay back and be ready for the wounded."
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Doc rechecks his data base on Andorian physiology and makes sure that he has the correct supplies as Commander Dra leads the way. He falls in toward the rear, tricorder in hand.....and phaser in the other.
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Skyman"]Commander Dra squints her eyes and says "Get a grip! This is not an federation expedition... it's a rescue! The plan is rescue...kick ass...and I ain't got time for questions later. Sslarr set my expectations high, so don't blow it. Doc are you getting a direction of the life signs. Patience is not an Andorian virtue."
[/quote]

Centurian Rhiss smiled at the outburst. This Andorian might proove capable after all. If her anger were at all focused, this could be a very seccusfful mission. Maybe he could get a couple of trophies as well as the Starfleet officer. Maybe he could impress the captain, and get that promotion he'd been hoping for. If he could get promoted, he and his mate could finally have those eggs they'd been talking about. But, those were thoughts for another time. Now was the time to be focused.

They headed in the direction the human doctor pointed to with his tricorder. As they walked, everyone looking around and with weapons ready, they rounded several corners and did not see a single being or meet any resistance.

"Something is wrong," he growled, "this ship is small, and yet we have not run into any security or even regular crew members yet."

"And we're getting close to our goal, too," Doc said, pointing with his Tricorder, "he should be in a room just around this bend."

That was when all hell broke loose. As they rounded the corner, blaring alarms went off, red lights flooded the corder, and the party saw six blue, four armed aliens, carring waht looked like rifles of some sort, standing in front of a door.

"Unbelievers, surrender now, or die!" one of them shouted.

But before anyone could react, one of the Gorn soldiers fired off a shot with his disrupter. Who was that? Khar? Rhiss would have his hide if that fool survived this battle. This was NOT a seak and kill mission!

The disrupter shot flew straight, hitting one of the aliens and disentegrating it immedatly. Though stunned for a brief second, they fired back, and everyone in the landing party quickly retreated around the corner to get cover.

Martina stepped forward behind Captain Wraith. She staired at the hologram before her, gathering her thoughts.

"I don't even know where to begin..."

After a few seconds, she asked her first question.

"What race are you currently representating?" she asked in Gorn.

"This hologram is currently in default mode, representing the Holy Nimmund race. I am also able to take the shape of any of the 50 races in the Nimmund Empire, including Gorn and Ithorn. I also have the capacity to scan you and take a shape more closely representing your species, if you prefer. Please state the shape you wish me to take."

"No, no, your current form is fine..." she said distractidly. "Tell me about the Nimmund Empire."

"The Nimmund Empire is a vast intersteller empire that contains nearly 800 planets, and is ruled over by the High Prelate, the Most Holy, Voice of the Gods. There is nearly 2000 years of history in my database, including the current war against the T'Kon. Please specify what area of the Empire you wish to learn."

"Can you translate what you are saying into other languages?"

"I am capapable of translating into 782 languages, and am capable of learning new languages within a very quick time. Please specifiy the language you wish me to speak in."

After a few moment with the compter, she had it speaking in Federation Standard. She then spent a few moments more asking it questions.

All this time, Captain Wraith and Captain Sslarr searched the rest of the room. The only thing of real interest was another robot, but this one was configured differently, with tools instead of weapons, and was deactivated.

Suddenly, they could hear Martina's voice. "Captains, I think there is some information here that you might want to listen to."

Both men return to her position, still standing in front of the hologram. "Please repeat to me what you just said."

"The war against the T'kon is not going well, and it appears that the Empire will lose. [b]The Nimmund have plans to leave this sector of space to a hidden world where they will build their power. [/b] However, a prophecy had been uttered that one day the Nimmund will return to reclaim their rightful place as rulers of all. The prophicy states that they will return to find unbelievers on their outposts, but that thier homeworld will remain empty. A war of cleansing and conversion will be waged, the end of wich will result in the rediscovery of the homeworld and the establishment of the Second Nummund Empire."

She turned to the captain, "Apparerntly, Cestus III was one of the outpost worlds of this empire. That ship youre people discovered is not just an alient vessel. It's the Nummund. They're returning!"

[Edit: Bold Text added because I forgot it the first time.]

Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra barks from her cover "Hey I think we found what was wrong! They don't leave much room for negotiations. Shoot the one that told us to surrender!"

Commander Dra returns fire
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Wraith thinks for a second, then turns to Martina.

"Ask it if this outpost we are on has any prisoner facilities, and what this outpost's function was. Maybe we can find our missing crewman.."

Wraith then turns away, flipping open his communicator. "Wraith to Challenger - Commander Dra, what's your status?"

[I'm assuming they are out of range (between the rock above and them moving), but Wraith don't know that :mrgreen: ]
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

((Oops... I forgot to put something important in the speach by the hologram.... editing it now.))

Chris
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Seeing that there are more then enough people with itchy trigger fingers, Doc scans to see exactly how many alien life signs he can find aboard the ship. One eye on the tricorder and one on the group to patch up any wounded (if they aren't just disrupted into oblivion that is...).
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Just as suddenly as it began, the shooting stops. Both Commander Dra and Doc take a quick peak around the corner to find that there are no longer any aliens blocking their path. A quick scan with Doc's tricorder reveals that there are no other alien life forms between them and their missing comrade. There is nothing, but an eerie silence.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Dra looks over to Doc and says "What the? Doc, stay here and scan while I free the captives. Check to see iif there are any emission signs of them beaming out...Commander Dra to ship what is your status?"

Dra walks forward to the prisoners. "Doc why do I get the feeling this is a trap to lead us away from the main party."
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Doc, snapping out of his OCC daydream, complies with Dra's request while mentally agreeing with the trap theory. He tightens his grips on both his tricorder and his phaser.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Wraith thinks for a second, then turns to Martina.

"Ask it if this outpost we are on has any prisoner facilities, and what this outpost's function was. Maybe we can find our missing crewman.."[/quote]

The holigram turns to face the captain (or at least his voice) and answers befroe Martina has a chance to ask the question.

"That information is classified, and requires a security code and rank clearance."

Martina frowned. "I've tried gathering simmilar information, such as ship types and weapon information, and it said the same thing. I'm sure after doing some more research with my whole team down here, we could crack that code, but we're talking about a week or two to do that."

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Wraith then turns away, flipping open his communicator. "Wraith to Challenger - Commander Dra, what's your status?"
[/quote]

The holigram once again talks to Wraith.

"Your communication is being blocked by the surrounding rock, however, this station is capable of boosting your signal to reach your vessel. Would you like me to perform this function now?"

It cocks its head to the side, almost like a dog, waiting a response.