The Rules Thread

A play by post game run and moderated by BlanchPrez
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

The Rules Thread

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, so this thread is where we can discuss the rules of this game.

I'll start of with how the PbP aspect will go. I was thinking that posts would be due on Wednesday and Friday of every week. Does this work for everyone?

Also, for dice rolls that I ask you guys to make, you can use this online dice roller. Simply enter your email address and mine in the roller. I'll PM everyone with my email addy. I promise to keep these rolls to a minimum to keep the game moving.

If these ideas don't work for everyone, let me know!

Later, I'll post how the CODA System game rules work. That's the rules from the Decipher RPG that I am using to run this game.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Hiya ...what's your E-mail address?
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Skyman"]Hiya ...what's your E-mail address?[/quote]
[quote="BlanchPrez"]I'll PM everyone with my email addy.[/quote]

All will be answered.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, some basics on the CODA rules. Basicly, it's a 2D6 roll-over system. This means that when a die roll is needed (called a test in the rules), you roll 2d6, add any modifiers, and compaire your final total to a Difficulty Number (DN). If you got higher than the DN, you succed. If not, you fail.j

If you are doing something that is against another character (PC or NPC) than it's an opposed roll, and your DN is your opponents roll.

Everything else in this system revolves around that one mechanic. I don't think there's ever a need to roll more than 2D6 ever in this game.

This is pretty much all I'm going to post for now, as special situations come up, I'll let you know how that works.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, I think I've PMed everyone with the email addy. If I missed anyone, let me know.

Chris
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Okay, some basics on the CODA rules. Basicly, it's a 2D6 roll-over system. This means that when a die roll is needed (called a test in the rules), you roll 2d6, add any modifiers, and compaire your final total to a Difficulty Number (DN). If you got higher than the DN, you succed. If not, you fail.j

If you are doing something that is against another character (PC or NPC) than it's an opposed roll, and your DN is your opponents roll.

Everything else in this system revolves around that one mechanic. I don't think there's ever a need to roll more than 2D6 ever in this game.

This is pretty much all I'm going to post for now, as special situations come up, I'll let you know how that works.

Chris[/quote]

Okay, I got the Attribute and Skills (2D6 +/- the number coresponding to the Attribute or Skill) but what about some of the things listed without a +/- after it like in the Professional Abilities and Edges sections?

I am also curious about "Famous Event"...? :mrgreen:

A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="opwunder"]Okay, I got the Attribute and Skills (2D6 +/- the number coresponding to the Attribute or Skill) but what about some of the things listed without a +/- after it like in the Professional Abilities and Edges sections?

I am also curious about "Famous Event"...? :mrgreen:[/quote]

Professional Abilities or Edges that have a number after it represent the level of that abilitiy. For example, Promotion. If you have Promotion:0, you are an ensign. If you have Promotion:5, you are a captain.

And I haven't figured out what Famous Event you participated in yet. If you got an idea, feel free to let me know. :)

Chris

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Ok I just tried the dice thing...that was trial and error take whatevar roll you like