The Wire

Reviews of games, books, products, etc.
cczernia

The Wire

Post by cczernia »

This isn't really a review but more a request for one. I started watching the first episode of HBO's The Wire last night and was quickly bored with it and turned it off half way through. However, I've heard from a few people that it is one, if not the best HBO series.

I'm not really into the bad mouth Law and Order style shows. I didn't like The Shield or The Departed. Is there any reason I should continue to watch this show?
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Sadohara
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Sadohara »

My points are these:

1. Starts slow, unfolds like an Awesome Blossom. A beautiful, delicious, deep fried onion.
2. Marvelous, compelling characterization.
3. Arresting, finely layered stories.
4. Enhances my West Baltimore street dialect.

Some of the finest writing formerly on television. And for those who haven't seen it, it could make one hell of a police procedural RPG campaign.

I endorse it, cczernia. The dialogue sizzles, the procedure is as accurate as it can get. Try a few more episodes.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Sadohara"]
I endorse it, cczernia. The dialogue sizzles, the procedure is as accurate as it can get. Try a few more episodes.[/quote]

Well, I pushed my way through the first episode and have made it through two discs with plan to finish the first season. Some of the cops annoy the hell out of me but the rest of the show is compelling. I wouldn't say it is the greatest but defiantly worth finishing.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup