max pain

Reviews of games, books, products, etc.
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

max pain

Post by opwunder »

Was it just me or was anyone else dissapointed with Max Payne? While the acting was fine, it went nowhere, The movie just sort of plodded along with a rehash of everything that has been done before. Even the action was just okay. I did like the norse mythos aspects, especially the club called Rag Na Rock. Pity the "valkeries" didn't look like women though...
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I didn't see it. It looked cool from the trailer, but I've yet to see a movie based on a video came (or vice versa for that matter) that didn't disappoint.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Cthulhu"]I didn't see it. It looked cool from the trailer, but I've yet to see a movie based on a video came (or vice versa for that matter) that didn't disappoint.[/quote]

I don't know. I liked the first Resident Evil which I think is the best movie based off a video game.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

I saw it. It wasn't horrible but it was no Resident Evil. I share Czernia's appreciation of the first Resident Evil. Though I also liked both of Sony's Final Fantasy movies.

As for plot, it wasn't Max Payne. It was closer to the John Constantine movie for some reason. But it wasn't unwatchable. The music was really lame, it was mostly instrumental versions of everything Marilyn Manson ever did. Didn't really care for the film. Hitman was a better action film based on a video game as these things go.

Certainly better than most video game movies *cough* Super Mario Bros *cough* *cough*
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

I have to agree, especially about the first Final Fantasy movie. I think, possibly that had I not gone in with video game in my brain, I might have been more receptive to Maxie. As much as I had probelems with Doom, no one could argue that it was not a game on video...if only it had been that and more. I have enjopyed bothe Topmb Raiders...but that might have been because of the lead actress. Perhapsm though, the lead in both the movie and the game was what we all liked...

I seem to be rambling...
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner