Vegas, baby, Vegas!

The Unbreakable Union
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Neuro"]YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :)[/quote]

Ummm... checking in the 21st and checking out the 23rd. Right?

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]Ummm... checking in the 21st and checking out the 23rd. Right?[/quote]

YES!! Now hurry up and book already! :D

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]YES!! Now hurry up and book already! :D[/quote]

And done :mrgreen:

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

when and where do you fools want to meet? (i'm so excited!!!)
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I've got the okay to drive the Volvo so me, Albert, John and Chris can all carpool if'n ya want. That means we should figure out a place we want to meet on Friday afternoon, somewhere where we don't mind leaving our cars for the weekend. And a time we want to meet as well.

As far as time goes, we should meet somewhere around 3~4pm in the afternoon. As far as place goes, I can think of two places: 1) my place: it's safe to park cars, but it's way down in CV, or 2) John's place: it's in Temecula (and hence on our way to Vegas), but I don't know the neighborhood, so I don't know if it's a place to leave cars... John?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]
As far as time goes, we should meet somewhere around 3~4pm in the afternoon. As far as place goes, I can think of two places: 1) my place: it's safe to park cars, but it's way down in CV, or 2) John's place: it's in Temecula (and hence on our way to Vegas), but I don't know the neighborhood, so I don't know if it's a place to leave cars... John?[/quote]

I can't leave work early. The earliest I can get out is 4:30 so I can meet up at 5.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]I can't leave work early. The earliest I can get out is 4:30 so I can meet up at 5.[/quote]

Okay, we'll just have to work with everyone's schedules. It was just a suggestion anyway. I figured we'd want to leave as early as possible.

If we meet at John's (which is my preference, assuming it's okay with John, and assuming that his neighborhood is good to park our cars for the weekend), it'll take at least an hour to drive up to his place in Temecula. The usual method would be to take the 15, and I know from experience that the north 15 is HORRIBLE in the afternoon.

'Nother possible idea - I can pick up Albert and Chris from their places, then go up to John's. Actually that would work okay. From work I can swing down and pick up Albert first, then pick up Chris, then drive up to John's.

How's this sound to everyone?

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]
'Nother possible idea - I can pick up Albert and Chris from their places, then go up to John's. Actually that would work okay. From work I can swing down and pick up Albert first, then pick up Chris, then drive up to John's.

How's this sound to everyone?[/quote]

Sounds good.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I could probably take one, provided they don't mind sitting in the back of a car with a droning exhaust and don't have an unreasonable fear of death or anything. :)
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Andy and Liz - did you want to convoy? Or were you planning on leaving early and meeting us in Vegas?
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

It's probably best if we meet out there. Traffic permitting, I tend to drive a bit, uh, briskly.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="cczernia"]I can't leave work early. The earliest I can get out is 4:30 so I can meet up at 5.[/quote]ditto.
[quote="mordraine"]...How's this sound to everyone?[/quote]
either meeting up somewhere or getting picked up sounds good to me.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

First we need to sort out who is riding with whom.

Winter and I are in the RX8.

Who else is driving?
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

mordraine offered to drive the rest of us in his volvo.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]mordraine offered to drive the rest of us in his volvo.[/quote]

Admittedly, not a car traditionally associated with "brisk" driving. However, it will fit 4 people comfortably.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Drive like three little words, "Flight from prosecution."
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

So what's our departure plan for friday. I can leave work as early as 4:00.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Cthulhu"]So what's our departure plan for friday. I can leave work as early as 4:00.[/quote]

Okay, here's how it's gonna go: I'm going to pick up Albert and Chris from their places. They can't leave work 'til 4:30, which will put them home around 5pm. So I'm gonna swing by and get 'em around then.

Then we'll drive up to your place. It'll take probably an hour to an hour and a 1/2, depending on traffic, to get up to Temecula. So I'm guessing we'll get to your place around 6~6:30. BTW, you'll have to PM me directions to your place, and your cell and home numbers, if that's okay.

I'm hearing that traffic is hellacious on Friday night going north on the 15, so we might have a pretty long commute ahead of us. Just preparing everyone for the eventuality that we might not get to Vegas 'til 1am maybe 2am.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="Cthulhu"]So what's our departure plan for friday. I can leave work as early as 4:00.[/quote]

Or you can come to our place and ride with us, if you're feeling brave. That might permit the Mord/Czern/JC car fewer stops and as I recall, we're closer to your work on a Friday than you are to your work.

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="Neuro"]Or you can come to our place and ride with us, if you're feeling brave. That might permit the Mord/Czern/JC car fewer stops and as I recall, we're closer to your work on a Friday than you are to your work.[/quote]

That works, or we can just pick him up in Murietta (it's on our way to Vegas). Either or neither works just fine for me, I certainly don't mind giving John a lift out since it seems he'll be leaving closer to the same time we are and will mean one less stop for Andy.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm fine either way. I don't mind the extra stop.

My thinking went thusly:

a) We're all staying at the Riviera.
b) The Volvo is roomier than the Rx8, especially for such a long commute.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="mordraine"]I'm fine either way. I don't mind the extra stop.

My thinking went thusly:

a) We're all staying at the Riviera.

b) The Volvo is roomier than the Rx8, especially for such a long commute.[/quote]

This is good thinking. For clarity, let's assume The Plan remains The Plan unless John pipes up here.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i am so excited!!!1!!exclamationpoint!1!!!

seriously though, what should we pack? did i mention that i'm so excited?
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]
seriously though, what should we pack? did i mention that i'm so excited?[/quote]

Clothes, toiletries, dice, and a hat? If you want to go clubbing (a big if) pack something classier than tennis shoes and jeans or you may not be let in.

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Vegas Trip for under $100 per person

A bit of Vegas inspiration from Bryan Hong.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

It would probably be easier to ride with Andy, Chris and Albert. Andy, I'll PM you my Info.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Probably best if you guys call my cell when you get out there (760.481.5527) and we'll figure out dinner if we haven't already eaten and get our game on. Here's a potential schedule for Saturday... it's by no means binding, but I figured I'd toss it out there...

Wake up late. No self-respecting tourist wakes up earlier than 10am in Vegas. Hit up a breakfast buffet (Aladdin's got a great one for $12.99) and then roll on over to Harrah's around noon to get tickets/coupons for the 1pm Mac King Comedy Magic Show.

After that, we can cruise over to Fremont street and enjoy Party Gras, as well as experience old school Las Vegas. If we get bored, the Stratosphere has Viva Las Vegas, which I've heard is a one-drink minimum show in the afternoons.

Assuming everyone (and their budget) is willing, I think it'd be fun to hit up the 6:00pm Tournament of Kings at Excalibur for dinner. After that, we can check out the various Strip attractions, such as the Fountains of Bellagio, Mirage's Volcano, and of course TI's Sirens.

After checking out the attractions of the strip, it'll be time to hit up the Star Trek Experience. Afterwards, we can separate our saucer sections with Warp Core Breaches at Quark's Bar. For those that just can't sleep, afterwards we can hit up Images Lounge at the Stratosphere, as well as maybe a few gaming tables.

Again, this is just a suggestion, so feedback is appreciated.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i am up for anything. as i am a las vegas n00b, i will defer to whatever the veteran mob decides.

edit: i won't be near a pc until i get home around departure time.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Everything sounds fun on that agenda, Andy. I've never been to Fremont Street, so I want to do that in particular. As well as the Star Trek deal.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I really wanna do the star trek thing :) I'd also really like to do the magic show and the excalibur thing.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Don't forget the pirate show on the walk...BTW sleeping is for the weak.

Have fun guys!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Had a blast, guys! Thanks to all of you for coming!!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

thanks for thinking of the idea in the first place and for acting as sherpa! i had a memorable time and enjoyed every minute of it. thanks guys!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Truly a fun time! Loved *loved* Star Trek Experience! Also really loved Gamblers General Store! w00t!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

That was an awesome trip. By far my best trip to Vegas.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Here we go, got the pic scanned in. Also have a high-res version if anybody wants it.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Very cool pic...
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Cthulhu"]That was an awesome trip. By far my best trip to Vegas.[/quote]

My best Vegas trip, too. Star Trek Experience was great!

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Can we post the pic in the 'how far did you drive to game' thread?

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="Neuro"]Can we post the pic in the 'how far did you drive to game' thread?[/quote]

No objections here.