Is it this Friday?

The Unbreakable Union
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Is it this Friday?

Post by Neuro »

You know, IT, is it THIS Friday??
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

yes, i THINK so. unless... unless it's NOT.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

If this is another ebay advertising campaign, someone's leaving with a few less teeth.

Yes, I do believe it's this friday.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

What?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

changeling. this friday.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

The Changeling game, Mord. I've got it in my calendar for the 9th, but Winter and JC seem to think it's the 2nd. It'd thrill me to death to play this Friday, and hopefully I'm wrong, but I thought one of us was out of town or working this coming Friday.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

You know, I think I know what I did. I think I swapped the release date for Narnia and the Changeling game in my calendar.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Gotcha!

That was my subtle way of having you guys on. Tee hee. Yes it's this Friday, unless you guys have something planned. I was planning on this Friday anyway.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Hey Mord, ipod is just a standard headphone jack, right?
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Wintermute"]Hey Mord, ipod is just a standard headphone jack, right?[/quote]

Yes indeedy.

BTW, could everyone PM me their email addresses (or just post 'em here if ya want)? I have an introductory document to send y'all for your characters. T'anks.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

pm sent!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Oddly enough, it's winter@rpg-sandiego.org. =)
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

k, everyone has their intro sent, except for Christopher. So Chris, I need your email address.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Thanks to Albert, I've got Chris's email. Everyone should have their intro now.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

thanks mord! i like the intro. it jibes very well with my concept of hank. i am looking forward to friday muchly!
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]thanks mord! i like the intro. it jibes very well with my concept of hank. i am looking forward to friday muchly![/quote]

I'm so excited I can't stand it.

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

For my fellow carpoolers. Will we be meeting at 6 tonight at Game Empire?
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]For my fellow carpoolers. Will we be meeting at 6 tonight at Game Empire?[/quote]

I'm there!

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="cczernia"]For my fellow carpoolers. Will we be meeting at 6 tonight at Game Empire?[/quote]aye aye! also, who's driving?

fyi: jenny's not coming.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

As usual, I have my truck. It *can* fit three people, but er... the back seat isn't very comfortable. Although Albert, you're small enough to fit... :)

I'll pitch in gas money, since I hardly ever drive.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

I have no problem driving.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="mordraine"]As usual, I have my truck. It *can* fit three people, but er... the back seat isn't very comfortable. Although Albert, you're small enough to fit... :)

I'll pitch in gas money, since I hardly ever drive.[/quote]
for future reference, i am always down for riding in the back of the cab/flatbed/trunk/whatever.

as for gas money, you've more than paid your share, for when i drive, through dice and pizza. serious.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]for future reference, i am always down for riding in the back of the cab/flatbed/trunk/whatever.
[/quote]

For further future reference, it's actually illegal now for people to ride in the bed of a pickup, unless there's an adequate restraint system.

For even further future reference, I do have a couple of foldaway seats (complete with seatbelts and everything!) in the extended cab, but as mentioned, the fit is rather tight. Especially with my Big Box o' Cassettes back there.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="mordraine"]For further future reference, it's actually illegal now for people to ride in the bed of a pickup, unless there's an adequate restraint system.[/quote]i was just joshin'. i knew that. just an fyi, but i would also not ride in the trunk of a car. you wanna hear something crazy?.. well, you're gonna anyway, so shaddap.

a couple weekends ago jenny and i were on a roadtrip. we saw this kid sitting in the flatbed of a truck... on the freeway... going 80!?! fucked up. he must've been, at most, twelve. those parents don't deserve children.
[quote="mordraine"]For even further future reference, I do have a couple of foldaway seats (complete with seatbelts and everything!) in the extended cab, but as mentioned, the fit is rather tight. Especially with my Big Box o' Cassettes back there.[/quote]i have a pretty small frame. i'd give it a shot if you ever wanna drive.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]
i have a pretty small frame. i'd give it a shot if you ever wanna drive.[/quote]

I fit in 'em, so I'm pretty sure you would.

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]a couple weekends ago jenny and i were on a roadtrip. we saw this kid sitting in the flatbed of a truck... on the freeway... going 80!?! fucked up. he must've been, at most, twelve. those parents don't deserve children.[/quote]

LOL, geez. I spent a good portion of my time growing up riding around in the back of a pickup truck.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Wintermute"]LOL, geez. I spent a good portion of my time growing up riding around in the back of a pickup truck.[/quote]
serious? at freeway speeds?!

btw, i am thankful for changeling, costco chicken pot pies, katamari, imported beers this one-week-and-a-day-after-thanksgiving. amen.

i *heart* you guys.

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Absolutely serious. I think I was in 7th grade before my dad finally got rid of his pickup, and we drove all over San Diego with five kids in the back.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I rode all over the place in a pickup bed, too, but we didn't really have freeways like they have here. It was a small town. But I have smuggled unbelievable numbers of high school students all over Santa Cruz county in the bed of a Ford Ranger when I was in high school there. No injuries ever to report from that.

The only time I think anyone ever got hurt in the bed of my truck was when I had the Tundra and we were out in the desert. We told everyone to hold on. We were going pretty fast. One person thought it would be fun not to hold on. I think he cracked a rib.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[Quote=Neuro]The only time I think anyone ever got hurt in the bed of my truck was when I had the Tundra and we were out in the desert. We told everyone to hold on. We were going pretty fast. One person thought it would be fun not to hold on. I think he cracked a rib.[/Quote]i knew this kid in 4th grade, guillermo or "memo", whose mother was permanently hunched to the side and had a peculiar walk from a similar experience, but in a jeep. i am so glad you guys are still with us and whole.

i think i am pretty biased when it comes to things of this nature because i've yet to break even a bone in my finger, much less be in a full on traumatic accident. yeah, i'm pretty much a wuss. although, when i was in second grade me and some friends did hang onto the back bumper of a delivery truck that was driving residential speeds and jumped off while it was still moving. it musta been going like 5 mph, but i got a nice scraped elbow for my troubles nonetheless. but i digress.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

We did a lot of outdoor sports. I did a couple different martial arts. I ran and scuba dived and did insane things on bicycles. I've jumped off of very high things into water and climbed very high things without being affixed to anything. Getting hurt was more or less normal. If bone's not sticking out through flesh, I fail to panic.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

yeah, i hear ya. i think i was born on a jungle gym. i played a lot of tackle football with the neighborhood kids in jr. high, did dumbass stunts on skateboards and bikes, got into schoolyard scraps from grade school straight onto jr. high, and would do stupid shit like jump off rooftops now and again. not anymore. anything that sounds remotely dangerous worries me now.

... guess i'm just turning into an old man.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Maybe you need to recapture your youth. Rockclimbing and cliff diving were fun, but I've still never tried skydiving. C'mon. You know you wanna. Wanna jump out of a plane with me?

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

sure, why not? i've yet to feel the thrill of taking a fresh dump in my trousers thousands of feet off the ground... oh wait, there was that one summer...
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

So that rules out a tandem jump.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Depends....
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

gross.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

or wait, skyman, were you suggesting i wear the adult diapers of the same name?

either way, gross.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

:smile: