Dungeon Crawl?

The Unbreakable Union
Skyman
Proud Regent

Dungeon Crawl?

Post by Skyman »

Mordraine made the comment about a simple dungeon crawl one shot and I was wondering if this is something we want to explore?
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

I don't see why it can't just be a one-shot (open to all) instead of limiting it to the players of the Invicta.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="cczernia"]I don't see why it can't just be a one-shot (open to all) instead of limiting it to the players of the Invicta.[/quote]

But...but...but... I don't [i]wanna[/i] play with Infernus. :)

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Eh I wasn't sure so I just threw it out here because Mordraine brought it up during our session. Plus you might get most of Fubar, including Infernus, jumping in on the chance in a open forum.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="Skyman"]Plus you might get most of Fubar, including Infernus, jumping in on the chance in a open forum.[/quote]

I like Tom, Chris, and Daniel well enough.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I want to get Castles and Crusades some time in the near future. But both Game Empire and Game Towne are not carrying it, and when I asked the guy at GT today, he gave me a blank look. urgh. So I guess I'll have to order it direct from Troll Lord games. *shrug*

Anyhoo, my thought was not so much a one-shot, but a limited-series I guess. Back to the basics old-school game using one of the Judges Guild modules I'm getting from eBay, converted to C&C. It would probably take more than just one session to play. Maybe 2 to 4 sessions.

But if the majority is not interested in this group, I'll definitely bring it up for the One-Shot forum. Makes no never-mind to me.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]I want to get Castles and Crusades some time in the near future. But both Game Empire and Game Towne are not carrying it, and when I asked the guy at GT today, he gave me a blank look. urgh. So I guess I'll have to order it direct from Troll Lord games. *shrug*[/quote]

If it was John he always had that look on his face. I ordered Astate, he gave me a strange look and said he wouldn't be able to get it. Two weeks later he called me and said it was in. So, you never know.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Wintermute"]I like Tom, Chris, and Daniel well enough.[/quote]
Don't forget Richard and John. What I meant was that if we open post we might as well do it on the fubar forum instead because I would expect most takers coming from them

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="cczernia"]If it was John he always had that look on his face. I ordered Astate, he gave me a strange look and said he wouldn't be able to get it. Two weeks later he called me and said it was in. So, you never know.[/quote]

Incongruent emotional affect or Flat affect...hard to decide

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Y'all are on your own for dungeon crawling.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Neuro"]Y'all are on your own for dungeon crawling.[/quote]

I wouldn't want to do a standard dungeon crawl anyway, cuz I think those are pretty boring "kill 'em and take their stuff" type deals. YAWN. I'd have to spice it up with stuff.

But anyway, I wasn't 100% sure that our group is the best audience for it. I think you guys would have more fun with my Storyteller Engel conversion or with Changeling. *nods*

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

As long as there's something else to it, even if it's just funny!

But, yeah, I wanna play Changeling :)
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Neuro"]But, yeah, I wanna play Changeling :)[/quote]

yay!

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Changeling sounds groovy...mostly after my experience with Orpheus and Vampire. The WW line has really caught my eye.

I was under the impression that the dungeon crawl idea was just a change of pace idea. I think for other folks on the forum it would not be a change of pace.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="Skyman"]Don't forget Richard and John.[/quote]

Oh yeah, John kicks ass. Richard... I could live without.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Wintermute"]Oh yeah, John kicks ass. Richard... I could live without.[/quote]
Yes, John kicks ass

I wish I could have had him play in my Dark Ages one shot, which BTW I'm sending into the Chaosium adventure contest. Thank you guys for play testing

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i would not be averse to anykind of game. dungeon crawls included. so long as it's well run and well played.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]
But anyway, I wasn't 100% sure that our group is the best audience for it. I think you guys would have more fun with my Storyteller Engel conversion or with Changeling. *nods*[/quote]

Agreed. Changeling or your Engel conversion sound like they would be fun.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup