Stuff

The World's Largest Dungeon, as run by Blanchprez.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, just thought I would share my latest creation for Orcs as a Player race. Not that this would be practical for TWLD, but maybe someday I might run an "Orc" campaign. :twisted:

Orc Champion Prestige Class
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Looks good, but I might alter the progression of it a bit more(Its a bit front loaded). Break down the abilities of the signature weapon so that they are gained at varying levels and move a few around so you end up with:

1 - Warband, Have at em Boys
2 - Signature Weapon (+1 to hit and damge, acts as Standard)
3 - +1HD Warband
4 - Iron Grasp (Cannot drop Signature Weapon or be disarmed)
5 - Any Orc can Use Signature Weapon
6 - +1HD Warband
7 - Devastating Weapon (+2 to hit and Damage, +2 to Intimidate)
8 - Champions Influence (1/2 price for improvements)
9 - +1HD Warband
10 - Tribal Lands

Id probably up the ranks of intimidate required to take the class too, since its so focused on intimidate. Not sure the Improved Unarmed Strike requirement makes much sense for a class which revolves so much around his signature weapon either, Weapon Focus might make more sense, then you could restrict his signature weapon to a weapon which he has weapon focus in.

You also dont mention BAB or Saves, so Im assuming you want a Fighter BAB (which makes sense) and a Primary Fort save with weak will and reflex, although I could maybe see a fort/will primary considering the class. That might be pushing it a bit with the d12 hit die, though the limited skills may balance it out enough.
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Hmmm...all very good suggestions. Mayhaps some changes ARE in order. :)

So, is anyone interested in an "Orc" game? One-shot or mini-campaign?

Some of that stuff was left over from the PC that I used as a format reference. Like the Imp UAS, and Intimidation ranks.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Infernus"]You also dont mention BAB or Saves, so Im assuming you want a Fighter BAB (which makes sense) and a Primary Fort save with weak will and reflex, although I could maybe see a fort/will primary considering the class. That might be pushing it a bit with the d12 hit die, though the limited skills may balance it out enough.[/quote]

What the heck are you talking about? They're right there on the progression table. Have been from the beginning... :?

Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

ahh yeah down at the bottom, sorry I was looking at the top when I was editing it.
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I figured. :P