Mortuary

The World's Largest Dungeon, as run by Blanchprez.
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

This is the place to remember our fallen comrads.

The first entry is dedicated to the heroic warrior Brak who was torched extra crispy by a fireball trap.

Daniel
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

Next up is Dorin who was accidently sliced in twain by Sigmund while grappling with a foul tentacled beast.

Daniel
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Holy canola....sweet!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Foxbat"]The first entry is dedicated to the heroic warrior Brak who was torched extra crispy by a fireball trap.[/quote]

:shock:

:jawdrop:

:nono:

[img]http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/wtf.gif[/img]

You fargin bastiches!!! :evil:

Edit: Wait a fuckin' second...both dwarves died? That's fuckin' peculiar... :?

That's it. The Gortek the Orc Bastard is coming after you. :twisted:

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Foxbat"]Next up is Dorin who was accidently sliced in twain by Sigmund while grappling with a foul tentacled beast.

Daniel[/quote]

In true FUBAR style

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Here's my prediction for the next session:

:finger:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

I believe you took that portrait back for yourself so I don't know who you are refering to.

:finger: :finger:

Daniel
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Just so you know, Gotetsu, SEVENSEVENSEVEN was running your character. Just wait until I get the write up before you go blaminin' anyone.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I'm not blaminin anyone (whatever that means). :P I'm just saying that Foxbat admitted to killing Dorin. And I can just imagine the situatuion that got Brak killed:

DM: "Who's gonna open the door?"
Foxbat: "Well, Brak has the most hit points."
Richard: "But he's not the rogue."
Foxbat: "But Brak has the most hit points."
Richard: "Ok, I guess I can't argue with that logic. Brak opens the door."
DM: "Make a reflex save."
Richard: "DOH! I rolled a 1!"
DM (rolls some dice): "Hand me Brak's sheet."
Infernus: "Gee, Tom's not gonna like this."
(Slight pause for a moment of silence / laughing / crude jokes about it smelling like burnt dwarf hair)
Foxbat: "So, what's behind the door...?"

(And the crawl goes on)

I may have got the actual participants wrong, and maybe it might not have been a door...but still... :roll:
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

Wow. Its amazing how wild one's imagination can be. Nearly half the party was killed outright when that trap went off, Sigmund included. In the other case Dorin was near death do to one of those constricting squids and I asked first if it was worth the risk. Overall it was a very dangerous session.

Daniel
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Well, why didn't you say that at the beginning? :wink: I'm sorry, it's just a little disconcerting to have one's character actually die when you're not even there. :(

And how far in the dungeon are you guys? Cuz it seems awful early to be running into fireballs... :shock:

But, no matter. Gortek the Orc Bastard will be there to fill in the gap. :twisted:
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Well, why didn't you say that at the beginning? :wink: I'm sorry, it's just a little disconcerting to have one's character actually die when you're not even there. :(

And how far in the dungeon are you guys? Cuz it seems awful early to be running into fireballs... :shock:

But, no matter. Gortek the Orc Bastard will be there to fill in the gap. :twisted:[/quote]

No problem. We accidently wandered into a more challenging part of the dungeon and failed to detect a door with a fireball trap. Dorin checked the door but the DC was far higher than we expected. So Brak opened the door with Sigmund and Dorin in toe only to be hit with a 6D6 fireball. Brak failed his reflex saving throw and was killed outright. Dorin and Sigmund both saved but it still dropped Sigmund to -6HP. Needless to say we were all very surprised and decided that we should backtrack a bit which was equally as perilous with an ambush by a pair of squids.

Daniel

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Foxbat"][quote:676226138d="Gotetsu"]Well, why didn't you say that at the beginning? :wink: I'm sorry, it's just a little disconcerting to have one's character actually die when you're not even there. :(

But, no matter. Gortek the Orc Bastard will be there to fill in the gap. :twisted:[/quote]

No problem. We accidently wandered into a more challenging part of the dungeon and failed to detect a door with a fireball trap. Dorin checked the door but the DC was far higher than we expected. So Brak opened the door with Sigmund and Dorin in toe only to be hit with a 6D6 fireball. Brak failed his reflex saving throw and was killed outright. Dorin and Sigmund both saved but it still dropped Sigmund to -6HP. Needless to say we were all very surprised and decided that we should backtrack a bit which was equally as perilous with an ambush by a pair of squids.

Daniel[/quote:676226138d]

Damn squid mafia

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Dorin definately needs a picture in the graveyard. Maybe just a headshot LOL!