Schedule

The World's Largest Dungeon, as run by Blanchprez.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Sorry to hear about your cat Chris. And the price of gas. I'm "working from home" today so I can probably finish up a THS thing I was working on. Between that and maybe some Heavy Gear, we could keep ourselves occupied for the day.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

You're going to run HG too? Sweet! :biggrin:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

[quote="Gotetsu"]You're going to run HG too? Sweet! :biggrin:[/quote]

I don't even know the rules. But if you wanted to run it or anyone else had some one-shot ready, we could do a one-shot day. I don't think the THS game I have planned will be all that long.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I DLed one of the free adventures from the Wizards site. I'm still feeling a fantasy mood, thanks to the LotR day. So, maybe I'll run that. It's just a 1st level adventure.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN »

Sorry I can make it tomorrow.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Should that be "can't" or should we be sorry to see you?
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

I'm sure we can be bastards with whatever we play. So are we still on?

Daniel
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I think so. There'll still be four of us, so we can play something. I'll be here at anyways.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

As far as I know, Faith will be with me too. Is there a playstation or anything for her to play if she gets bored with playing with us? If not, I can bring mine.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

It might be best to bring yours, my brother takes his to his friends on the weekends sometimes. Also he doesn't really have any games she'd enjoy.
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

I can always bring Ninja Scroll for Faith to watch.

Daniel
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Uuuuhh...no. But thanks for the offer. :biggrin:
SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN
Bumpy-Headed Alien

I will be there today.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Foxbat"]I can always bring Ninja Scroll for Faith to watch.

Daniel[/quote]

That's an excellent choice. Up there with classics like VAmpire Hunter D and Akira. None of that Miyazaki fluff like Spirited Away or Prinecess Monokopoko crud, Tom ya gotta raise that child right j/k.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Yeah, I will indoctrinate her with Ninja Scroll someday. :twisted:

But, in actuality, she's 10. And she has a SpongeBob brain. Animated movies with a lot of dialogue are lost on her.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

SO she obviously needs to be watching Happy Tree Firends... :twisted:
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Hell no! That shit disturbs ME!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Hell no! That shit disturbs ME![/quote]
LOL...My bro got the DVD collection at Comic Con

Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Yeah, I will indoctrinate her with Ninja Scroll someday. :twisted:

But, in actuality, she's 10. And she has a SpongeBob brain. Animated movies with a lot of dialogue are lost on her.[/quote]

Listen to Skyman. He IS a mental health professional.

BTW I'm nursing a sore throat today so please make hideous comments in my place.

Daniel

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Foxbat"]Listen to Skyman. He IS a mental health professional.

BTW I'm nursing a sore throat today so please make hideous comments in my place.

Daniel[/quote]

Yes he is right ya know. You don't want your child growing up without that sociopathic edge that would set her apart from the rest of mindless spongebob kiddies. The ceramic squirrel avatar has spoken.

Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="Skyman"]Yes he is right ya know. You don't want your child growing up without that sociopathic edge that would set her apart from the rest of mindless spongebob kiddies. The ceramic squirrel avatar has spoken.[/quote]Amen.

Daniel

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Are we ever going to play this again?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Well, so far, open weekends for me look like this coming weekend, the 17th, and the last weekend of the month, which is actually the 1st of next month.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I could do either of those.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

This weekend is probably not good for me. But more then likely I can swing the last/first one...
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, one other thing... my wife was very upset about the fact that I was an hour away when the baby got sick, and I can't say I blame her. Is it possible for us to do this somewhere a little closer?

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Well, since she can't handle us in your house, that kind of leaves us without many choices.

Edit: And on the subject of the last meeting, you didn't have to come. In fact, you probably shouldn't have, considering that you were over 3 hours late, without even a phone call or a forum post.

Sorry, pal. Just calling it like I see it.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Well, since she can't handle us in your house, that kind of leaves us without many choices.

Edit: And on the subject of the last meeting, you didn't have to come. In fact, you probably shouldn't have, considering that you were over 3 hours late, without even a phone call or a forum post.

Sorry, pal. Just calling it like I see it.[/quote]

Nothing that I can see you need to be sorry about... I know that I didn't need to come, I wanted to come. I also didn't think there was a scheduled time to show up, you made it sound like it was just going to be games all day long, show up when you can. Next time I'll call.

As for not having many choices, I am aware of this, which I was I am asking if we can have it closer. If not, we can't, it's only once a month.

Chris

Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

If I might ask, where do you guys normally play WLD?
El Cajon is usually not closer to most folks, but my place is available in trade for a slot in the party...
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

El Cajon might be good. But, and this is no slight against you, Darquesage, we'd probably all want to meet you first before going to your house. A couple of us have had bad experiences with that, and we're kinda gun shy. :wink:

That being said, is the plan for the 1st? If so, maybe next week would be a perfect time to introduce DS to the group at GE. Neh?

Edit: And yeah, I think we could use another player. Since we lost one player to the Pottery Cult. :lol:
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]El Cajon might be good. But, and this is no slight against you, Darquesage, we'd probably all want to meet you first before going to your house. A couple of us have had bad experiences with that, and we're kinda gun shy.

That being said, is the plan for the 1st? If so, maybe next week would be a perfect time to introduce DS to the group at GE. Neh?

Edit: And yeah, I think we could use another player. Since we lost one player to the Pottery Cult. [/quote]

:word:

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]:word:

Chris[/quote]

:sly:

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]:sly:[/quote]

:word: = Word.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Yeah, I got that after I posted my response.

Don't mind me. I'm suffering from a 24-hour Dumbass Virus. :thwack:
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Don't mind me. I'm suffering from a 24-hour Dumbass Virus. :thwack:[/quote]

Only 24-hours?

Chris

Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

[quote="Gotetsu"]El Cajon might be good. But, and this is no slight against you, Darquesage, we'd probably all want to meet you first before going to your house. A couple of us have had bad experiences with that, and we're kinda gun shy. :wink:

Edit: And yeah, I think we could use another player. Since we lost one player to the Pottery Cult. :lol:[/quote]

Curses, these guys are too cunning for me to simply lead them into the crocodile trap under the front door...

I did try stopping by Game Empire on tuesday to meet you guys when you started your GURPS Dark Ages game, but I didn't see anyone playing GURPS or any other RPG for that matter... It got crowded enough that just being there was unpleasent so I went home...

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Darquesage"]Curses, these guys are too cunning for me to simply lead them into the crocodile trap under the front door...

I did try stopping by Game Empire on tuesday to meet you guys when you started your GURPS Dark Ages game, but I didn't see anyone playing GURPS or any other RPG for that matter... It got crowded enough that just being there was unpleasent so I went home...[/quote]

Yeah, the game sorta got aborted due to that Real Life(tm) thing. But, we are going to get to gether next week. Not sure what game we'll be playing, but it'll be either Stargate or GURPS.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Only 24-hours?

Chris[/quote]

FYYFF!

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]FYYFF![/quote]

:lolup:

Chris

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Hey, Darquesage, if you're still interested in going to Game Empire tonight, we'll be there. Game starts at around 6pm. We'll be playing Stargate.

Chris
Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Hey, Darquesage, if you're still interested in going to Game Empire tonight, we'll be there. Game starts at around 6pm. We'll be playing Stargate.

Chris[/quote]

I will try to show up, though it's gonna be difficult to pry myself away from the [i]Firefly[/i] marathon on Sci-Fi. I do want to see how this game plays though...

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Darquesage"]I will try to show up, though it's gonna be difficult to pry myself away from the [i]Firefly[/i] marathon on Sci-Fi. I do want to see how this game plays though...[/quote]

Crap, I forgot that was today! It started at like 2 or something, didn't it? Man...

Chris

Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

actually it started at noon... the episode where they find a ship that was hit by reavers, then get boarded by a military vessel is on right now
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, have we figured out where we are playing this yet?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]So, have we figured out where we are playing this yet?[/quote]

Um.. no, not yet.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Wow. What an overwhelming response. Please, guys, your enthusiasm is getting out of hand. One at a time, people! ONE AT A TIME! :thwack:
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Wow. What an overwhelming response. Please, guys, your enthusiasm is getting out of hand. One at a time, people! ONE AT A TIME! :thwack:[/quote]

Well, it looks like our choices are your place, or take a chance on Darquesage's pit traps.

Chris

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Hey, would you guys mind if we made this on Sunday the 2nd, instead of the 1st? It would make things easier for my wife that way.

EDIT: Also, as an option, we have a huge deck at my place, if you guys are willing to play outside, we can play at my place. The wife suggested this idea, so it's okay with her.

Chris
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

That's fine with me. I've got a contract signing thing to do saturday morning, so I can be on time sunday.
SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Cool with me.