Character Concepts

The World's Largest Dungeon, as run by Blanchprez.
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="Gotetsu"]No group shot this time. You're on your own for your character illustrations. Unless the fancy strikes me. The Gnome is a possibility.... :wink:

Are spurs considered weapons? Cuz I could make them...er...wait. You're riding the other dwarf, right? :shock:[/quote]

Dwarves are the new pack mules. :P

Daniel

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Foxbat"]Where is the gnome saddle?[/quote]

[img]http://img93.exs.cx/img93/2879/BrakGnomeSaddle.jpg[/img]

:D

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

:lolup:
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I'm glad someone else thought that was funny. Cuz I was crackin' myself up over it yesterday. :lol:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

That's it you're off the "spared" list when Oswald rules over all Faerun.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="Cthulhu"]That's it you're off the "spared" list when Oswald rules over all Faerun.[/quote]
LOL!

Daniel

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

"The gnome is the most perfectly developed creature ever to set foot upon Faerun."
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Cthulhu"]That's it you're off the "spared" list when Oswald rules over all Faerun.[/quote]

Will this appease your greatness??

[img]http://img6.exs.cx/img6/7239/Gnome.jpg[/img]

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

That's awesome, thanks. :D
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Does this mean I can be your lackey again? :lol:
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Gotetsu"][img]http://img6.exs.cx/img6/7239/Gnome.jpg[/img][/quote]

This picture does not compute... What happened to his right arm?

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

He's reaching for spell componants in his bag.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Ah... you might want to choose different colors for his sleeves. Looks too close to the color you chose for his skin.
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

At first I thought he was an amputee.

Daniel
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Does this mean I can be your lackey again? :lol:[/quote]

We'll see. At the very least your death will be painless.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="mordraine"]Ah... you might want to choose different colors for his sleeves. Looks too close to the color you chose for his skin.[/quote]

[quote="Foxbat"]At first I thought he was an amputee.[/quote]

Everyone's a frickin' critic... :roll:

[img]http://img28.exs.cx/img28/7239/Gnome.jpg[/img]

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Much better... except the wristband on his left arm is still gray...

:p
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

That's a falconer's wrist band. So his owl's claws don't dig in. Jeez, think before you say these things! :D
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Augh, my artist's sensibilities are clashing with my practical fantasy character sensibilities!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

It happens. I forgive you. :P
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, because character illustrations are about the only thing in life that I tend to get anal retentive about (well, that and being to work on time), here is a "Macho Macho Man" illustration of Brak. Thanks to one of the best artists on the DCUA forums, I now can do body hair. Which is cool. Isn't it? :shock:
Kuld
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Kuld »

Not to give you a hard time Gotetsu, but yer beard’s a little short. Must be playing a young’n.

That’s a’right lad. Give it time. It’ll grow. :wink:
"The trolls may have my life indeed, when I can no more redden keen Laufi. Then you may carry the destroyer of the mailcoat's wand into the howe, without delay." -Bersi the Dueller.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Actually, his tribe keeps em' short lest an enemy use it as a hand-hold.

I like to go beyond the normal "long-bearded, grumpy, horned helmet-wearing" dwarf made famous in novels.
The concept is inspired by this guy's artwork. Nathan Rosario.
Kuld
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Kuld »

Nice artwork! Ive never seen his stuff before.

You’re pic is good too. Did you build it yerfelf?

Well, I guess I’m all about nostalgia. I’ve probably played 100 dwarven characters (kinda my signature race) but I can agree with you about many novelists inability to stray from the “grumpy‘ol longbeard” stereotype.

On the other hand, I do believe that nostalgia is the glue that keeps dwarven society together. For instance, the High Old Ones (clerics of Moradin) stuffing their long beards into their belts. In this case the length of their beards reflects their age, wisdom, etc..

Well, whatever. Its an RPG. The best chars. are ones that are nnot the norm. Plus a barbarian can do just about whatever the hell he wants. :D

Hey, have you read any of Salvatores Demon Wars Saga? Their Dwarves are evil!!

Yeah, yeah…..NO. I couldn’t get into the series.

Oh, BTW, when I said I wasn't givin' ya a hard time- I lied :wink:
"The trolls may have my life indeed, when I can no more redden keen Laufi. Then you may carry the destroyer of the mailcoat's wand into the howe, without delay." -Bersi the Dueller.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I agree on the conventional wisdom about dwarven beards. But the character's background lends itself to being far outside the norm.

Demon Wars? Read the first one. I have to say, I like his Drizzt books better. But that's the fanboy in me. :wink:

And you couldn't possibly give me harder time then the guys I RP with. :lol:
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="Gotetsu"]I agree on the conventional wisdom about dwarven beards. But the character's background lends itself to being far outside the norm.

Demon Wars? Read the first one. I have to say, I like his Drizzt books better. But that's the fanboy in me. :wink:

And you couldn't possibly give me harder time then the guys I RP with. :lol:[/quote]

We give you a hard time?

Daniel

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

No more than I give you. :D
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Demon Wars was a great series, and I liked it tons better than the Drizzit books. But then, I never really liked that character much anyway.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Drizzt is the Wolverine of the fantasy world. He is a great character that got beaten into the ground by drewling fanboys. But, I have to admit, Salvatore's writing of him got much better in the later books. The newest series is phenominal. It trumps all other Drizzt books. In fact, you could probably read them without having read any of the other ones, since he makes detailed references to past events. Highly reccomended. :D
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, so I probably will end up doing illustrations for everyone. So, here's Foxbat's fighter.

ImageImage

I kind of went for the way Lancelot looked in "First Knight." Even if you didn't like the movie, you have to admit that the sword fights were cool. :D

Edit: New version for comparison.
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

I knew you couldn't stop with just a couple of character illustrations.

Daniel
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Foxbat"]I knew you couldn't stop with just a couple of character illustrations.[/quote]

Yeah, yeah. But what do you think of the picture?

Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="Gotetsu"][quote:5350c4b827="Foxbat"]I knew you couldn't stop with just a couple of character illustrations.[/quote]

Yeah, yeah. But what do you think of the picture?[/quote:5350c4b827]

Looks pretty good except that a medieval longsword, aka "bastard sword" is a bit longer than your picture. Take a look at some of these photos:

[url]http://www.thearma.org/essays/StancesIntro.htm[/url]

Daniel

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Queer Eye for the Medieval Guy...
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, redid him with some modifications, new coloring, a longer sword (see above post). Do you want him in one of those gay outfits from that site? :lol:
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Ok, redid him with some modifications, new coloring, a longer sword (see above post). Do you want him in one of those gay outfits from that site? :lol:[/quote]

No. It can be said that taste is somewaht variable through the ages. I'm working on some ideas based on open-battlefield combat dress of the 13-15 centruy. I'll post more links/pictures when I get a chance. The new sword is a major improvement. Thanks.

Daniel

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Well, you can work on ideas all you want, but if you want a different picture, do it yoursellf. :P

It's a fantasy game, not a historical game. :roll:
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="Gotetsu"]It's a fantasy game, not a historical game. :roll:[/quote]
And just where did fantasy games get most of their ideas?

Daniel

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote]And just where did fantasy games get most of their ideas? [/quote]

PWND!

Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, I'll put him in historically accurate clothing. Tights. That's what they wore. Faggy, but accurate. :P

Smartmonkey...eat shit and bark at the moon threadcrapper. :finger:
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

Gotetsu, rather than have a fit over this, take a break and work on everyone else's character and I'll dust off my drawing board and work on it some myself.

Daniel
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I'm not having a fit over anything. I'm just fuckin with ya. Since you're the only person who ever complains about or criticizes my character illustrations. :P
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Actually, in looking at that picture, it is perfect for one of my old characters. So, if'n you wanna do yer own character illo, I can use this one for myself. :D
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, so since I have to make a new character, and a monster character seems to be the only option, I would like to ask about making an Orc, using one of the new classes on the site I posted in the Tabletop thread.

I'm thinking either an Orc Warrior or an Orc Brawler. And Maybe Richard can make an Orc Scout. :D

http://www.orcs.ca
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

What are the stats on an Orc?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Actually, you're not limited to monster races. Richard made his character during the session, an Elf rogue.

But, let me look over the Orc Warrior class, see what I think.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ugh! Him make skinny elf ting? Why him so stupid? Elf. It what for dinner!

(Can you tell I'm really into playing an Orc?) :lol:
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Jake"]What are the stats on an Orc?[/quote]

From a resource I found it's +4 Str, -2 each to Int, Wis and Cha. They get Darkvision, and their favored class is Barbarian (though if Chris let's me use the Orc Warrior class, I would think that would be a better choice for favored class). There's probably other abilities and stuff, but that's the basics.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Those are the stats on that site, right? Those are according to Green Ronin, but that sounds right. I'll have to look that site over at home, when I have my books with me to compaire to. I'll give you a verdict tomorrow.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Actually, that site doesn't give stats for Orc characters (the site is meant to adhere to the OGL). But I found an online javascript Character Generator that has stats for all kinds of races.

Tomorrow is cool. It's not like it's a rush or anything. :lol: