Star Wars: The Emperor Is Your Friend

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Star Wars: The Emperor Is Your Friend

Post by devlin1 »

Just a little bit of game pimpin', here. If I'm lucky, I'll have pre-gen PCs, or at least their descriptions, posted up here before long. But first I'm going to have to convert the world of Alpha Complex to that of a galaxy far, far away.

First up:

Rebel Factions (Secret Societies)
Contrary to the historical records, the Rebellion against the Empire is far from a unified, or even organized, effort. With the Empire being as big as it is, how can it be? Instead, it’s split into dozens of factions, some of whom are aware of each other, many of whom are not. Regardless, they’re all enemies of the Empire.
• Anti-Force: It’s not the Empire that’s the problem. Not directly, anyway. No, it’s the Force that’s torn the galaxy apart, time and again. Death to all Force users, Jedi, Sith, or otherwise!
• New Jedi Order: An idealized would-be “Jedi order,” formed by people who barely know what Jedi are.
• Sly-s0r3z: Computer and tech enthusiasts putting their leet skillz to use against the Empire
• Cybernetix: Throw off the shackles of the Empire – and of the flesh.
• Lords of the Sith: Wreck things. Paint them black. Blow them up. Be eeevil.
• First Church of the Force: The Force is all, man, but, like, the Jedi totally wrecked it with their, like, rules, y’know? And the Empire’s way worse. Everybody just needs to, like, chill out, relax, and meditate.
• The Syndicate: The Empire’s bad for business.
• Black Sun: A massive secret society that was running the galaxy when the Emperor’s grandfather was still in short pants – and will do so again, once the Emperor’s defeated.
• Witches of Dathomir: A mix of Femme Fatale and the Mystics. Why an Emperor? Why not, say, oh, I don't know... an Empress?
• F.O.R.C.E.: Fighting the Empire – and anyone else who stands in their way – with the power of the Force. Or doing a damn good job of faking it. Fight On, Revolutionary Citizens of the Empire!
• Order 67: Destroy the Empire by any means necessary. If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem – and eligible for a blastery end.
• The Old Republicans: For thousands of years, the Old Republic enjoyed pan-galactic peace – but all these guys know about is how they dressed. Only the return of the Old Republic can defeat the Empire. Even the Jedi Council, with their flashy new-fangled robes, couldn’t get it right; simply restoring the Jedi Order won’t solve anything. No, what the galaxy needs is a return to traditional values.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I thought I'd eventually have more to post here, but... I don't. See you tomorrow!
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.