NEEDED: volunteers to find sponsorship

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Hi again. So this is another call for help regarding funding to get SandiCon off the ground and running!

We need people to go and and pound the pavement looking for sponsorship of our con. Basically, it entails contacting gaming stores (or other like-minded stores like comic stores, etc.) to ask for their help in funding the con.

There will be three levels of sponsorship:
(1) Headliner status. $1000. This basically will get them top billing. All flyers, poster, and other publicity will say "So-and-so Presents, SandiCon!". It will be prominently displayed in bold font, easy to see. They will also have the option of a sales table at the con. They will get lots of flyers to pass out in their store.
(2) Basic sponsorship. $200. This gets them a mention at the bottom of the flyers, poster and other publicity that basically says "also sponsored by: so-and-so, so-and-so, so-and-so, etc." It will be displayed in smaller font, not so prominent. They also get an option of a sales table if they want it. They will also get flyers to pass out.
(3) Stalls. $30. Basically a sales table at the con. All's they gotta do is pass out our flyers and sell stuff at our con.

We are currently in the process if developing a flyer to give to prospective sponsors with all the information required. But basically, what we need is someone who can dedicate themselves to this kind of thing, who can go out and talk to these places and try to secure funding. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jasonhead

Post by jasonhead »

Hi, my second job is close to Do N Dice in La Mesa so I'll try and drop by on Saturday and see if they are interested.

jason
Old Gamer From the Sea
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Old Gamer From the Sea »

Hey there

I am happy to talk to some of the local game stores about sponsorship or attending as a vendor, but we should look somewhat organized and have a date, locations and staff ready to handle any of their questions.
"Welcome to the land of the living. Now pick up a shovel and start digging." - Army of Darkness
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

[quote="Old Gamer From the Sea"]Hey there

I am happy to talk to some of the local game stores about sponsorship or attending as a vendor, but we should look somewhat organized and have a date, locations and staff ready to handle any of their questions.[/quote]

You is sooooooo right, we is workin' on it! :P

A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner