It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




 Page 1 of 1 [ 39 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: RPG Bonfire: Sat Sept 22
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:14 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 5578
Location: Clairemont
Ok, it looks like one person can't make it on the 29th and everyone else can make it both days. This puts on the 22nd.

So, what time sounds could to meet up?



_________________
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:42 pm 
Daring Demonologist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 6977
Location: San Diego, CA
I'll be out of town that day, but everyone else have fun! :)

Chris



_________________
Image
Image


[SIZE="2"]Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds![/SIZE]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:52 pm 
Killer Robot
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 1250
Location: San Marcos
cczernia wrote:
Ok, it looks like one person can't make it on the 29th and everyone else can make it both days. This puts on the 22nd.

So, what time sounds could to meet up?



Anytime sounds could with me.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:54 pm 
Dessicated Mummy
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 3847
Location: Olivenhain
Mid to late afternoon tends to work best, I've found.



_________________
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:19 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 4900
Location: 1313 mockingbird lane
whenever's clever. *shudder* i don't like that phrase, yet here we are.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:32 am 
Dessicated Mummy
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 3847
Location: Olivenhain
Just out of curiosity, who all plans on attending this?



_________________
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:34 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 5578
Location: Clairemont
Stephanie and I plan on attending.



_________________
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:38 am 
Killer Robot
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 1250
Location: San Marcos
I'll be cruising by.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:43 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 6641
Location: tecolote canyon
I will more than likely attend.



_________________
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:07 pm 
Proud Regent
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 8026
Location: North Park
me



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:11 pm 
One-Armed Skeleton
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 165
Location: In my Head
GAH!

I sadly voted for Sep 22 then was advised of a work-committment. You know, those all-day, all-night work committments, often called, "retreats"?

I really question exactly what I'm retreating from. Apparently, fun bonefires is the answer.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 4900
Location: 1313 mockingbird lane
i'm there.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:28 am 
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 206
Location: IMPERIAL BEACH
I can make it


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:04 pm 
Dessicated Mummy
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 3847
Location: Olivenhain
This is less than ideal... Weather Underground is showing a 40% chance of precipitation.



_________________
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:36 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 5578
Location: Clairemont
Wintermute wrote:


Kind of sucks. Weather.com is a little more optimistic with it being cloudy but not rainy.

It seems there is less chance of rain the further into the day we go. Conditions seem similar to what it was two years back and we still had a lot of fun.

I leave it up to you guys but I'm still up to doing it this Saturday. If anyone wants to reschedule let us know.

Also, we'll need help getting wood. Does anyone have a truck or know of a place where we can get wood. Thanks.



_________________
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:57 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 4900
Location: 1313 mockingbird lane
i still plan on coming. if there's a torrential downpour or something the morning of, then i'll reconsider.

as for wood, sorry dude. i don't know where people find pallets anymore. i lost that knowledge after graduating high school, along with where to find the cheapest meals in town and nickel arcades.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:06 am 
Adroit Pirate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 5901
Location: 612 Wharf Avenue
jimmy corrigan wrote:
as for wood, sorry dude. i don't know where people find pallets anymore. i lost that knowledge after graduating high school, along with where to find the cheapest meals in town and nickel arcades.

There's a nickel arcade off of Carmel Mountain Road, isn't there? Up Poway way?

Also, I might go to this if it's on the 22nd, but I definitely won't if it's on the 29th.



_________________
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:30 am 
Proud Regent
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 8026
Location: North Park
Cheapest place near you is the Chicken Pie shop on El Cajon Blvd



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:40 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 4900
Location: 1313 mockingbird lane
thanks guys!

to get back on topic: what should we bring for food? marshmallows? hot dogs? beer?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:53 am 
Adroit Pirate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 5901
Location: 612 Wharf Avenue
jimmy corrigan wrote:
to get back on topic: what should we bring for food? marshmallows? hot dogs? beer?

Chicken pies?



_________________
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:00 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 4900
Location: 1313 mockingbird lane
devlin1 wrote:
Chicken pies?

where am i going to find those?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:13 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 4900
Location: 1313 mockingbird lane
idea: if no one chimes with locations of pallets, we can always make a run to a grocery store for bundles of fireplace wood.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:26 pm 
Killer Robot
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 1250
Location: San Marcos
jimmy corrigan wrote:
where am i going to find those?


Your grocer's freezer section, or make them yourself.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:27 pm 
Dessicated Mummy
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 3847
Location: Olivenhain
There are also a couple of good firewood places, Lyman's in Encinitas (760.753.4344) and Olson Firewood in Escondido (760.480.9901). You can usually take some of the odds and ends they have for pretty cheap.



_________________
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:14 am 
Dessicated Mummy
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 3847
Location: Olivenhain
Just FYI, weather underground is now showing a 70% chance of precipitation and a chance of thunderstorms. Even the optimistic weather.com is showing morning showers and a 30% chance of rain.



_________________
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 am 
Adroit Pirate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 5901
Location: 612 Wharf Avenue
Wintermute wrote:
Just FYI, weather underground is now showing a 70% chance of precipitation and a chance of thunderstorms. Even the optimistic weather.com is showing morning showers and a 30% chance of rain.

So... one-shot instead?



_________________
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:55 pm 
Bumpy-Headed Alien
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:31 pm
Posts: 341
Location: Mt. Helix
Well it's probably for the better anyways. Isn't the Red Bull Air race this weekend?



_________________
lu lu lu I've got some apples
lu lu lu You've got some too
lu lu lu Let's make some applesauce
Take off our clothes and lu lu lu
--Butters


[font="Garamond"][SIZE="1"]<FNORD>[/SIZE][/font]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:00 pm 
Adroit Pirate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 5901
Location: 612 Wharf Avenue
Illuman23 wrote:
Well it's probably for the better anyways. Isn't the Red Bull Air race this weekend?

Ah -- that's true, it is. But that's more or less downtown, isn't it? Mission Bay or something? Some bay or other?



_________________
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:44 pm 
Proud Regent
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 8026
Location: North Park
What time is this thing going down?



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:58 am 
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 10:31 pm
Posts: 780
Location: North Park
Rain, rain, go away!



_________________
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:26 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 4900
Location: 1313 mockingbird lane
Skyman wrote:
What time is this thing going down?
does 3pm work for folks?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:35 am 
Proud Regent
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 8026
Location: North Park
Oh my...I think I just took a shower when I walked outside



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:20 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 5578
Location: Clairemont
It is currently 12:00 and it looks like the rain is clearing up and the sun is breaking through so I say we do it.

I talked to JC and we plan on being their around 4.

I'm going to bring some beer, brawts, hotdogs, chips, and buns for the hotdogs.



_________________
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:22 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 4900
Location: 1313 mockingbird lane
i'm bringing beer, firewood, and my sotc character. see y'all at 4pm!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 4900
Location: 1313 mockingbird lane
well, shit on a shingle. it was really clear and bright for about three hours straight, and it just now started drizzling here, and *pouring* down in other parts of the county. so, suffice to say i'm out.

if anyone wants to join mordraine and i at his offices at 4pm to play a pick up game of don't rest your head, or something, then give me a call for directions: 619 961 7503. mdf and office furniture don't make for ideal bonfires, but we'll manage somehow.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 5578
Location: Clairemont
JC, Mordraine, and I just got blasted with rain. We don't want to take any more chances so

[SIZE="7"][color="Red"]The Bonfire is being postponed to next week[/color][/SIZE]



_________________
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:57 pm 
Adroit Pirate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 5901
Location: 612 Wharf Avenue
jimmy corrigan wrote:
well, shit on a shingle. it was really clear and bright for about three hours straight, and it just now started drizzling here, and *pouring* down in other parts of the county. so, suffice to say i'm out.

if anyone wants to join mordraine and i at his offices at 4pm to play a pick up game of don't rest your head, or something, then give me a call for directions: 619 961 7503. mdf and office furniture don't make for ideal bonfires, but we'll manage somehow.

Aw man. If I'da known there woulda beena one-shotta DRYH, I'da gone downa there already.



_________________
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:08 pm 
Killer Robot
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 1250
Location: San Marcos
Well, I did have plans (some bonfire or something), but they just got cancelled, so I'll probably show for a pickup game :wink:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:57 am 
One-Armed Skeleton
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 165
Location: In my Head
HURRAY!

I can come to 9/29 bonefire.
BYO food, beverages, and wood, yes?


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 39 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron