My last hurrah!

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

My last hurrah!

Post by Gotetsu »

I figured I'd post this here, since this forum is getting the heaviest traffic right now, and most of those interested in this tidbit will find it easier this way.

Short of it: I'm moving out of state on May 16th.

Long story: After many moons of depression and emotional ups and downs, the supernatural power of your choice (or lack thereof) saw fit to to provide the perfect woman for me.

I met Michele through a forum for City of Heroes, and we hit it off pretty good from the start. We have been flirting mercilessly since about October or so, and she finally made it out here last month to visit. We had the best weekend EVAR, and emotions and feelings hit us both out of left field. Yep, I'm in love again. *cue the sappy music*

So, the only thing holding us back was her living in Wisconsin. Well, since her moving here is not an option (she has a daughter from a previous marriage, and legally has to stay near the sperm-donor), and since I have nothing to hold me here in San Diego anymore, I have decided to pack my DVDs and RPG books (because that's more or less all I own) and relocate.

I have had a lot of supporting words and sentiments from friends and family alike. It's not much of a secret that I am very tired of being here in So Cal. As a single guy, life is rough. So, I am going where the good stuff is, and am very happy for it.

So, this will be my farewell hurrah with you fine folks! I hope it's a good one. And I will miss (almost) all of you terribly. But, I will still be available online. Via here, MySpace, WoW and CoH, to name a few.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Hey, congrats!

Bummer that you'll be so far a way, but great that you found someone to be happy with! Best of luck to ya!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

congrats, man! you will be missed for sure!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Congrats! You'll be missed.

Here's the best part, though:
[quote="Gotetsu"]I met Michele through a forum for City of Heroes[/quote]
Yeah, I think this thing's gonna work....

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Good luck, and just think how close to Gencon you are, not Milwaukee close but still. :razz:
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Thanks everyone! Yeah, the fact that we are both so geeky makes me think this one will be the One. =]

GenCon? Sure, and WizardWorld is just across the lake in Chicago. =]
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Woo! I had a good feeling about you two. Congrats, man!

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Dragonkin
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Dragonkin »

Many warm and fuzzy congratulations! And do be sure to send posts and cheese!

Yeah, Zelda's hot, but Samus does that thing with her gun . . . . :naughty::eek:

Wanna know what Colorado gamers think? Check it out!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Congradulations Gotetsu!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Tell us about the cheese when you get there....My next question is she a Packers fan who can love a man of Steeler quality, because that will break it or make it. I'm telling ya.:razz:

BTW I'm happy you didn't meet her on Everquest...because I don't need to think about about two elves under a bridge thing
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Skyman"]BTW I'm happy you didn't meet her on Everquest...because I don't need to think about about two elves under a bridge thing[/quote]

Actually that happened in WoW *shudder*... Yeah, she's a Packer fan. And I will be too. I will root for them in every game they play. Unless it's against the Steelers. Then I will be whoopin' that cheese-head ass with my Terrible Towel (r)! :biggrin:

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Actually that happened in WoW *shudder*... Yeah, she's a Packer fan. And I will be too. I will root for them in every game they play. Unless it's against the Steelers. Then I will be whoopin' that cheese-head ass with my Terrible Towel (r)! :biggrin:[/quote]

Hey you can always wrap the Cheese head with your towel on sunday they're both yellow. I'm not sure how much you can cheer for the Packers, they've been having it rough in the last couple years. GO FARVE!

Yeah you can keep your WoW love encounters to yourself. I don't want to know Cthulhu was there getting screen shots

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

You are a sick individual

I salute you:cheers:
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Just so you all know. I made it here yesterday. After taking off Wednesday afternoon, 74 hours later and I am in my new home. I took a couple of pictures along the way, but not many. I'll post those when I get my own comp set up (I'm using hers right now).

Hope all is well in SD without me. :biggrin:
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

*Static* The eagle has landed *Static*
Cool beans. :cheers:

BTW :worthless
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

awesome. glad you made it safe.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Gotetsu"]
Hope all is well in SD without me. :biggrin:[/quote]

We are barely holding together :razz:

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

YAY!!!!!! What a long trip, but I'm glad you made it safe and sound.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Congrats Tom!! Awesome! Well wishes all around, buddy!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Here are a few pictures from the trip. Not many, as I couldn't remember where I had packed the cam until 2/3 of the way here. :biggrin:

My Gypsy Wagon.

My Cat, Spaz.

Me at the wheel, after about 3 days on the road.

I made it to Wisconsin!

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! That's a lot of crap to unload!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Are those boxes of comics in the back there?
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Woo, congratz, man!

So, when do we see pictures of you and the little woman? :P

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="devlin1"]Are those boxes of comics in the back there?[/quote]

Indeed they are. I only took the essentials. :biggrin:

I'm planning on taking some pictures this weekend at Bratfest. You know, Bratwursts, beer, more bratwursts, more beer. And maybe some more beer. :cheers:

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Indeed they are. I only took the essentials. :biggrin:

I'm planning on taking some pictures this weekend at Bratfest. You know, Bratwursts, beer, more bratwursts, more beer. And maybe some more beer. :cheers:[/quote]

I see Wisconsin agrees with you.

Mike Olson
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I love BRATWURST
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I wanted to wish you good luck with all of this. It sounds like things are going well. We never got a chance to hangout and game together much, but you were always fun to be around. I am glad we got past the boards and met in person, and I wish we would have been able to hang out more. Good luck Tom.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.