ONE more DAY!

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
Skyman
Proud Regent

ONE more DAY!

Post by Skyman »

Four more days....are ya guys ready for this?
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'm giddy with anticipation! can't wait.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Well my laptop crashed. Had all my work on it for the game. *sad face*

But luckily, I'm smart enough to remember what I wrote.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I'm still getting stuff together, but I'll be ready.

Of course, I'll need directions. :P

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Yeah. I think I know how to get there but my nickname is mr lost, so I'm keen on directions.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I am ready to go.. all I have to do is show up and fight for slots in games. I say we resolve conflicts with Wii Boxing.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I'm ready to go as a player, but I put prep work for the Buckaroo Banzai SotC game on hold long ago. Maybe I'll revisit it this Friday, just in case. I have to say that as much as I'd like to run it, I don't want to miss out on a game in either slot -- and while I have my preferences, they all sound good to me.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="Count Zero"]I am ready to go.. all I have to do is show up and fight for slots in games. I say we resolve conflicts with Wii Boxing.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly support this.

"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

There is, once more, a grill for cooking on. I think we have some folks bringing chinese food. I'm going to provide some munchies and some dogs and stuff for grilling. For attendees, we have:

cczernia, Count Zero, CZ's friend, Cthulhu, devlin1, dnd3eplayer, Gotetsu, Illuman23, jimmy corrigan, mordraine, mrlost, Skyman, Sven, Wintermute and Neuro, fgarber, uber_snotling, and Blanch Prez.

If anyone is bringing anyone else or if anyone else is coming, please RSVP for planning purposes.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Neuro"]If anyone is bringing anyone else or if anyone else is coming, please RSVP for planning purposes.[/quote]
I expect to bring my friend Brian, and possibly -- very outside chance -- my other friend Nat (meaning that both my friends would be there). However, it's possible that neither is available Saturday. I'll find out more details soon and riz-vip accordingly.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

That's like 18 people, plus possibly some more. Making it 18-21. I think MikeB is going to car pool with me. My back up game is ready to go. Gah I hope I don't screw it up!

I'm going to get my Chinese food going but I may be tempted to get something for the barby as well
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Skyman"]That's like 18 people, plus possibly some more. Making it 18-21. I think MikeB is going to car pool with me. My back up game is ready to go. Gah I hope I don't screw it up!

I'm going to get my Chinese food going but I may be tempted to get something for the barby as well[/quote]

I don't know if I will have time to do any food. I will see what I can do.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Count Zero"]I don't know if I will have time to do any food. I will see what I can do.[/quote]

Ow...that will be a bummer. Well at least I don't have so much pressure now. So I'll probably do chow mein and something for the Grill.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Skyman"]That's like 18 people, plus possibly some more. Making it 18-21. [/quote]
Holy crap. If we have that many people, we're going to have to either turn some away (not really all that practical, I guess) or maybe run three games a session (somehow). Twenty-one people makes for three games of six and three GMs. Is that feasible, though? Like, would we have enough space? I guess a group could fit downstairs, although, y'know, they might just end up playing Wii for a few hours.

Mike Olson
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I think so
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

We can run three games at once comfortably. One in the living room, one in the dining room, one in the game room. Until about six thirty or so, the courtyard is a lovely alternative to the living room and also closest to the beer fridge.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Guess I'll have to come up with a sixth PC.

Oh, and I'll be bringing some sort of food... perhaps my (in)famus dip.

It's really good. From bottom up it is: ground turkey, refried beans, salsa, cheese and black olives.

Chris
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Is it safe to say, then, that the "reserve" games have been called up for active duty?
Mike Olson
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Well, we're gamers, so the odds are incredibly good that some of us will flake, but it seems likely that the third game will run one or both sessions.

Also, BP, that dip sounds good.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="devlin1"]Is it safe to say, then, that the "reserve" games have been called up for active duty?[/quote]

Yep it looks like it. Just when you thought it was safe. So I gotta make sure I got my bases cover with Feng Shui system(knees shaking).

Dragonkin
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Dragonkin »

I am sad, not only because I can't make it, but also because I will miss BP's dip.

Yeah, Zelda's hot, but Samus does that thing with her gun . . . . :naughty::eek:

Wanna know what Colorado gamers think? Check it out!
To Peace
One-Armed Skeleton

I got my permission slip

Post by To Peace »

I asked my boss very politely and did some extra chores around the house, so she is letting me come to the second half of the day. I hope to arrive between 1600 to 1700, provided I can get an address for mapquest.

break

Will there be badges with names and monikers to tell who everyone is or will I have to ask each person?
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
"To Keep The Peace, Prepare For War"

http://www.rpghost.com/topeace
fgarber
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by fgarber »

My better half may be accompanying me, and is a gamer herself. It depends if she shakes the cold that has been dogging her earlier this week. She has a strict "No infecting the new friends" rule!

She's a vegetarian, so we were thinking of bringing some grillable veggies for her, as a grill was mentioned above, IIRC.

-Fred

PS.
Part of our reason to come the meetup is to meet and see new gamers in the SD area (and more importantly, have you meet US). You all seem pretty cool from these boards, and if one or the other of us ends us as spectators or on "NPC" duty or starts playing "Munchkin" or something, that's cool too!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="To Peace"]Will there be badges with names and monikers to tell who everyone is or will I have to ask each person?[/quote]
If history is any guide, then yeah, I'll have to wear a stupid nametag with my avatar and screenname on it, so that people can call me "Dev" instead of my real name (which is Dav).

Made nice new Banzai-style character sheets last night for Heroes In Trouble. Now I just need to come up with, like, something for those characters to do....

Mike Olson
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, so about this carpool thing. Mord? GE at what time?
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="fgarber"] It depends if she shakes the cold that has been dogging her earlier this week. She has a strict "No infecting the new friends" rule![/quote]

Your new friends definitely appreciate that! Grill will certainly be available for veggies, and we've got a wii and plenty of board (bored?) games should people find themselves not in a game.

Uber_snotling
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Uber_snotling »

I'm also a vegetarian and was planning on bringing some marinated portabello mushrooms to toss on the grill.

Noob question:

How are folks going to get assigned to one of the games? Do we roshambo for the last spot if everyone wants to play Serenity? Roll 12 -sided dice? Thumb wrestle?
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="Uber_snotling"]How are folks going to get assigned to one of the games? Do we roshambo for the last spot if everyone wants to play Serenity? Roll 12 -sided dice? Thumb wrestle?[/quote]

Drinking contest with Stone Imperial Russian Stout? :cheers: Sorry JC and Czernia. ;)

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Uber_snotling"]How are folks going to get assigned to one of the games? Do we roshambo for the last spot if everyone wants to play Serenity? Roll 12 -sided dice? Thumb wrestle?[/quote]
The first year, we signed up online in advance, but the problem there was that people didn't show up on the day; last year, it was first-come, first-served, which wasn't bad. I think it's been suggested this year that disputes be settled via Wii Boxing. There are worse ways to resolve a conflict.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Wintermute"]Drinking contest with Stone Imperial Russian Stout? :cheers: Sorry JC and Czernia. ;)[/quote]no apologies necessary. i look forward to some stone irs. :d
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]i look forward to some stone irs. :d[/quote]
Well, if it's stoners you're looking for....

Mike Olson
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Wintermute"]Your new friends definitely appreciate that! Grill will certainly be available for veggies, and we've got a wii and plenty of board (bored?) games should people find themselves not in a game.[/quote]

I may have to bring my copy of Descent to play if I don't get in a game.

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="Count Zero"]I may have to bring my copy of Descent to play if I don't get in a game.[/quote]

The 3-D gravity-less FPS?

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

no, the 2-d point-less dungeon crawl boardgame.

it's fun!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]no apologies necessary. i look forward to some stone irs. :d[/quote]

I've also got some Judgement Day and Red Barn in growlers from Lost Abbey (Port Brewing's Belgian arm), and intend to swing by Stone tomorrow and get some growlers filled.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I could bring Settlers of Cataan!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Count Zero"]I may have to bring my copy of Descent to play if I don't get in a game.[/quote]
Assuming 21 people and three games each session, everyone ought to be able to get into a game. If we get more than 21 people, though, we're doomed. [i]Doomed[/i].

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Ok, so about this carpool thing. Mord? GE at what time?[/quote]

Yeah, so anyone who wants to carpool coming from the south area, I can fit four other people in my car if need be (three comfortably). We could also form a sort of convoy with other folks too. We should meet at Game Empire at around 11:30 or so.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'm down for carpool. see ya at 11:30.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"]Yeah, so anyone who wants to carpool coming from the south area, I can fit four other people in my car if need be (three comfortably). We could also form a sort of convoy with other folks too. We should meet at Game Empire at around 11:30 or so.[/quote]

If there's still room, I'd like in on this. Turns out the MS Walk isn't until Sunday.

Chris

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Okay, so my carpool is looking like Gotetsu, jimmy corrigan and BlanchPrez. I can squeeze one more. Plus we can do the convoy thing if'n anyone wants. I know the way to the Neuro/Winter abode.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="mordraine"]Okay, so my carpool is looking like Gotetsu, jimmy corrigan and BlanchPrez. I can squeeze one more. Plus we can do the convoy thing if'n anyone wants. I know the way to the Neuro/Winter abode.[/quote]

Cool dealio! If we get more peeps, I can drive too. =]

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Shoby187
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Shoby187 »

Guys, is it too late to get in on this? I've been wanting to go ever since I read about it but I thought I wouldn't be able to make it due to work.

My boss however got sick today so tomorrow I am free!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Shoby187"]Guys, is it too late to get in on this? I've been wanting to go ever since I read about it but I thought I wouldn't be able to make it due to work.

My boss however got sick today so tomorrow I am free![/quote]

Yes you can still get in on the action. A goup of us is doing a convoy from Game Empire at 11:30 it seems

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

For the record, I'll just be bringing myself -- no Brian or Nat. Which makes our total around 20, I believe.

P.S.: Play Spirit of the Century! It's good! Buckaroo Banzai! Interesting but simple game mechanics!
Mike Olson
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I should be at GE at 11:30 too. I figure someone can jump in my car if need be.