Meet schedule

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Meet schedule

Post by Neuro »

The RPG-SD meetup will occur 28 April 2007 at 12:00 pm. That's noon.

The first game session will begin between 12:30 and 1 and the second game session should begin around 4:30 pm.

For those of you who will need directions to our house and other contact info, please PM me. Please note the following: Google and Yahoo maps will get you so, so lost. So lost that I can't even figure out where people are calling from when one of those gets them lost.

Further info about what we're doing for food will be forthcoming. Probably something pot-luckish. We typically grill, but our grill is in need of replacing this spring and I'm not sure I'll have done it before the 28th. Staff will have that discussion and get back to you all :)
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Hey Count Zero ya want to Iron Chef challenge each other and bring in Chinese dishes for the pot luck?
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Kitchen facilities at rpg-sandiego stadium are limited, but definitely available to Iron Chef challenges.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I was thinking that we would have to bring it in this case and not use your facilities
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I just don't wanna crimp potential iron chef styles if something is better off being finished on location. We don't want to disrupt the gaming, but we /definitely/ don't want to ruin food. Gotta have priorities.

opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

[quote="Neuro"]The RPG-SD meetup will occur 28 April 2007 at 12:00 pm. That's noon.[/quote]

Well, I guess you don't like mornings after all....

May you all roll criticals and win the day! I shall be sulking away in El Cajon babysitting a production of "Route 66" (kinda like Forever Plaid but at a Texico station....).

:sad:

A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Neuro"]I just don't wanna crimp potential iron chef styles if something is better off being finished on location. We don't want to disrupt the gaming, but we /definitely/ don't want to ruin food. Gotta have priorities.[/quote]

Well my very popular fried rice is very transportable, so I could could it at home and then bring it in a crockpot. Red simmered pork transports well too.. as do potstickers.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Awesome. Anyone interested in gathering at GE for a carpool?

Edit: Maybe a thread (or we can use this one) to sign up for what to bring for the Pot Luck? A Gamer cannot live on chips alone...
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Sorry, Opwunder. Early just doesn't work for us these days.

I think it's a great idea to use this thread to figure out what we can contribute for food and munchies. It'll help those of us who are clueless as to what to make come up with something :)

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Count Zero"]Well my very popular fried rice is very transportable, so I could could it at home and then bring it in a crockpot. Red simmered pork transports well too.. as do potstickers.[/quote]

My pot stickers do not travel well I shall venture with chow mein, maybe gotlet chicken and a third I have not figured out yet

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Awesome. Anyone interested in gathering at GE for a carpool?[/quote]

I'd be up for that.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i too am down for carpooling.

as for food, i'm thinking pie.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I'll arrange for punch.

...punch and pie.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Car pooling sounds cool