Skyman's poll...

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.

Would you guys be interested in Feng Shui

No...and I want you to call Cthulhu and tell him to blow me
8%
83%
8%
No votes

Total votes: 12

Skyman
Proud Regent

Skyman's poll...

Post by Skyman »

I wanted to just play at the next meet up but after watching some inspirational movies I want at least offer a game.
So I've been itching to try out Feng Shui as a GM lately. It looks like a pretty fun system for action oriented gaming. It requires a bit of imagination and active roleplaying. I'm going to post character pregens and plot later if i get a positive response.
I've never run it before and think this would be a cool opportunity
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

I love Feng Shui and have ran it a few times. I was thinking about proposing a FS game.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="cczernia"]I love Feng Shui and have ran it a few times. I was thinking about proposing a FS game.[/quote]

Yeah Sven sold me on the game during the last meet up and a colleague of my wife, Dan, loves the game. I had lunch with him(Dan) yesterday and went over some aspects of the game play. I'm actually considering trying to get a monthly Feng Shui group together because this game sounds that cool but I wanted to get my feet wet with it all.

If you want to propose a game that'll be COOL. I'll stilll go ahead with proposing mine since there is a strong response...lights, camera, ACTION and lots of it

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

The Killers at Gila Bend
Gila Bend is a dry barren wasteland in the middle of a desert, we call Arizona. You might stop there to take a pee and a dump but you’ll never really stay. In fact, only thing that will stay is the crap you leave behind. The town is on a strip of high way leading out of Phoenix to California.
Truckers and weary tourists take a break at the Javelina Pit Stop to fill up on gas and maybe get a one pound bag of jerky for $12.99 for the long road ahead. This isn’t the place where you think the fate of the world will be decided by a handful of people living on the fringe of society. But it is!
There’s a motorcycle gang, hitmen and a boat load of Japanese tourist with cameras. Oh the shit is going to hit the fan tonight…and tonight the fan is the Gila Bend.

Ready for martial arts action fun in the vein of Big Trouble in Little China and the Replacement Killers?!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Cast:

Mack “The Word” Socrates: Image
Truck Driver and CB radio personality. He’s got an answer for everything and every situation. Even if there is no question to be answered. The answers are in the third person as if he’s quoting someone famous “Mack ‘the word’ Socrates always say’s when the going gets tough, the tough gets the word.” Mack is driving his semi-truck, called The Man, into the Javelina Pit Stop to fill up his tank and catch a bite with his off tilt friend Brandy ‘Big Lips’ Yip. He’s carrying a load to Sedona but wasn’t told what the cargo is by the Chinese guys at the docks in San Diego. The cargo manifest only says Huyang Yushan.

Brandy ‘Big Lips’ Yip: Image
She hates her nick name and will only tolerate hearing it from Mack. She is a strong martial artist and truck driver. She believes in UFO’s and in conspiracies. Maybe it was her time at Patten state prison hospital for 7 years for brutally beating up 15 warehouse workers, she believed to be aliens, in San Francisco that made her a little bit open to the periphery of common sense possibilities… or maybe it was the psycho pharmaceutical drug treatment she received in the state prison? Either way, she is here to save the world. She just doesn’t know how but she feels it is her destiny. Till then she is delivering a cargo load of the new fruit flavored nicotine Chiclets to the Phoenix suburbs that are not on the market yet. She thinks the gum is probably some government secret drug or nanotechnology to control the minds of the vast majority.

Song Yeong: Image
A teenage hitchhiker wandering the roads of Arizona, trying to escape the memories of her haunted past. Early this morning she was ditched at the Javelina Pit Stop by some traveling bible salesman that picked her up while hitch hiking. Her young looks and continuous alcohol binges are deceiving, she is actually one of the last kung fu masters in long forgotten Northern kung fu style called the Drunken Monkey. She is currently perfecting a branch within the school of the Drunken Monkey called the 40 oz to freedom style.

Louis “Aces Full” Hu: Image
The Talking Heads lyrics ran thru Louis’s head as he raced across the desert…

…You may ask yourself
Where does that highway GO to?
You may ask yourself
Am I right?...Am I wrong?
You may say to yourself
MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Louis was a high stakes gambler that lived in Scottsdale. He had a beautiful wife, two beautiful children and a beautiful house. His game of choice was poker but he was also known for his ‘prop’ or proposition bets. A couple days ago his proposition bets got some high roller humiliated at the 19 holes of golf at the Pegasus Hills golf Club in Phoenix. You didn’t know he would hold a grudge. You didn’t know he was connected to the Rossellini Family. You didn’t know he would send some men to destroy your life and take away your beautiful wife, your two beautiful children and redecorate the house with their remains…

…You may ask yourself
Where is that large automobile?
You may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
You may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful wife!

You spent this morning standing over the body of the high roller as he asked for mercy. You spent the afternoon running from men who were paid to hunt you down. At dusk you see a trucker gas station and deli to your left. Your thirsty, the car is thirsty and this needs to end…

… You may find yourself living in a shotgun SHELL

There is one or two more in the cast
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

The Cast Continued:Image

Law Malroney: Image
Law retired from the Army in 1999 after 12 years of service. Law didn’t fight in the Gulf War. Law wasn’t in Rwanda. No, he was in places like Tikal, Ashet, Oaxateca and southern Ubekestan doing the things that don’t make headlines. The only recognition that Law ever received was by some four star General in a dark office that opened a tan classified dossier file to see the mission was completed. He couldn’t see himself be part of that camaraderie in the mess hall with the guys back from Kuwait…because he did not fight in the war. When he finally got out he had nothing waiting for him. He tried reinventing himself into being a ship welder, Real Estate agent, car salesman and truck driver but he could not do any of it well. Because deep down inside he was a one man army sent into a peaceful world that no longer needed him…the new world was a vampire, sent to drain him of his sense of self and soul. When Law prayed at night and talked with God, he would ask, “What do I get for my pain? 12 years and betrayed after being a piece in a game. Did any of it matter? Why do I feel I cannot be saved…for the horrible things I did. I used to be the chosen one. Now I feel I’m just a rat in this cage.”
Law Malroney, the great warrior of the free world, now festers in the arm pit of America checking ID for beer and cigs while fantasizing about how many ways he can kill a customer with a corn dog stick from behind the counter at the Javelina Pit Stop. Last time he felt alive was when some neo nazi skin head tried to punch him for being well tanned and ended up eating Law’s nine knuckle nacho special that day. His name tag says “Bad Ass Mutha FucR” and he’s about to get you two packs of cigs for an over priced $18. Do you feel like complaining?

Josie Rainbow (The owner of the Javelina Pit Stop):
Josie Rainbow sounds better than your real name. You always seem to have the last word on everything and love to curse…example, the phrase ‘good bye’ is not in your vocabulary and has been replaced by ‘Fuck Off!’. You don’t really need the help to run the pit stop but feel lonely doing everything yourself. You are committed to running the business in Gila Bend because of the abandoned hotel across the street. 30 years ago something happened there that changed your life and your still waiting for it to happen again. A second chance. When it does happen you’ll be able to go back home and hand over the Pit Stop business to Law.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

To Peace I moved your post to the main thread I hope you don't mind.

So that is the intro and the cast of characters for my game idea. I hope it sounds interesting and possibly compelling.

I may post some stuff on what the characters are based on...or in some cases copied from. You can probably guess:wink:
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

The Word= Kurt Russel from Big trouble in little China + Jules from pulp fiction + John McClain from Die Hard + little bit of Jackie Chan

Big Lips= Nada from They Live + Sarah Conner from Terminator 2 + Any movie Michelle Yeoh ever kicked ass in + Fox from x files

Song= Jackie Chan(Drunk Kung Fu skill) + Fairuza Balk(looks) + Smart Monkey(personality) + Theme by Linkon Park

Louis= William Foster from Falling Down + John Lee from Replacement Killers + Theme Music by Talking Heads + Knish from rounders

Law= Rambo the fisrt movie, not the crap that followed + Chuck Norris + Theme by Smashing Pumpkins