xx

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
MarktheAnimator
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by MarktheAnimator »

xx
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I kinda like ParadiseCon. :)

How about these?

SandyCon
SeaCoastCon
CoastalCon
SoCalCon

I just think we should have a name that reflects San Diego. :)
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
MarktheAnimator
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by MarktheAnimator »

xx
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

AmericasFinestCon. You know, like America's Finest City.
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

RPGSD Con.
NachoCon

I'd like to avoid stuff like "dragon" or "monster" or the like... something distinct to san diego, as well as this message board would be more appropriate...
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="smartmonkey"]RPGSD Con.

NachoCon

I'd like to avoid stuff like "dragon" or "monster" or the like... something distinct to san diego, as well as this message board would be more appropriate...[/quote]

How 'bout [b]San Diego RPG NachoCon![/b]

Problem with adding the "Nacho" is no-one will get the joke 'cept us oldtimers. Might throw folks off who would otherwise go...

I'm thinking a nice solid easy name like [i]San Diego RPG Con[/i] would be sufficient...

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

SunCon

Sounds kinda like GenCon...only not... :D
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

Is PacifiCon Taken?

San Diego PacifiCon?
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote]Is PacifiCon Taken?

San Diego PacifiCon?[/quote]

I actually rather like that one... PacifiCon has elements of san diego in it... MonsterCon could be in podunk illinois for all I know.

Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

UndocumentedWorkerCon?
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

[quote="mordraine"]Problem with adding the "Nacho" is no-one will get the joke 'cept us oldtimers. Might throw folks off who would otherwise go...[/quote]

What's the point of running a Con if you can't be an elitist about it and have the name be an inside joke? I'm all for elitism, I say NachoCon. I mean worst case scenario we have a con with kick ass nachos.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote]What's the point of running a Con if you can't be an elitist about it and have the name be an inside joke? I'm all for elitism, I say NachoCon. I mean worst case scenario we have a con with kick ass nachos.[/quote]

We could be nacho supremes! [/dork]

jasonhead

Post by jasonhead »

I like PacifiCon. Maybe Mordraine you can set up a poll of some of the ones that sound promising like you did for the meeting date.

jason
PMvanova
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by PMvanova »

I already posted at the other thread my idea for a name and a logo. Gotetsu came up with the obvious spelling but I went for the more personalized with SanDiCon.
I also mentioned that PacifiCon was a gaming convention that ran for several years up in the Bay Area. Not a wise idea to name it that when it has a history already.

What about PacCon? FannyPacCon? hehehehehe (for all those tourists that show up with them)
And when in doubt, go for the obvious. GameCon. GammaCon?

Anyway..off for more page development.
A good story should provoke discussion, debate, argument ... and the occasional bar fight.

-- J. Michael Straczynski
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

I like SanDiCon. I think that could work.
PacifiCon is a good name, too, but SanDi has San Diego in it, and gives it more identity.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I like SanDiCon too.

Did I really come up with that? Sorta...? :shock:
jasonhead

Post by jasonhead »

Hi, I did a search on Yahoo and Google under pacificcon. There is only 1 reference I could see (on Yahoo) about a gaming convention. It was indeed in 1995. Something about Magic the Gathering. But, the reference was only from someone trying to sell his collection. I did not see anything beyond that. No organization claiming ownership of that name, at least not anymore. I did notice there were a couple of other industries that used the name. Apparently, there have been a couple of "PacificCon's". Since there are extremely few references to the name, especially in the gaming industry, I would say that we are safe.

I do like SanDiCon, though, also. Since we haven't put out any brochures or much info, I'm sure we could change the working title to SanDiCon. Although, seems like we will have lost some momentum already having to go back and change the name.

jason
PMvanova
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by PMvanova »

Lose what momentum? Was there offiically momentum? :lol

The name is not a problem. I was just putting that up there because I had a flash of inspiration for a logo. Both names fit the graphic idea equally well.

It would fit the con much like the ConDor logo of the vulture (especially liked it when they made it into a certain Centauri ambassador..hehehehe)

Put it to the people for a vote.

P.S.

Speaking of which...just had another flash of inspiration. ConDor has a vulture, SanDiCon/PacifiCon can have a.......Seagull!!

Or a beach umbrella. Whatever.

:lol:
A good story should provoke discussion, debate, argument ... and the occasional bar fight.

-- J. Michael Straczynski